Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-21, 07:12

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 218/205.4/158 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanM
The fluff sounds really good! Looks like amazon is out of stock.

JeanM if you are talking about the Devotion Nutrition, you can also order directly from their web site. Make sure to google for a coupon code too - I am always able to find at least 10% off.

Here is a video of the Devotion Nutrition founder making fluff. Get ready to drool!

https://devotionnutrition.com/blogs...7b8684796&_ss=r

She talks about using her "flex flavors." While those are very good, they are definitely optional. I usually just use the protein powder on its own.

Janet - I have made a similar "carb police pancake" as you describe before, except I never thought to add protein powder! What a good idea! I have some of the butter flavored protein powder from DN and I bet that would be awesome. Shhh......

I need to troll the resources mentioned for more ideas!

Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-21, 10:40

Plan: LC
Stats: 170/129.8/125 Female 5'1.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Thanks doggiegirl2. How fast does DN ship?

Great video. I hope my big regular blender will work.

Last edited by JeanM : Mon, Apr-12-21 at 10:46.
  #138   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 06:04

BF:

Quote:
Thanks doggiegirl2. How fast does DN ship?

Great video. I hope my big regular blender will work.

My recollections of their service are very positive. I want to say I get their stuff within a few days IIRC?
  #139   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 09:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
My recollections of their service are very positive. I want to say I get their stuff within a few days IIRC?

Thank you.
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-21, 01:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi DG2. I'll get you my chaffle recipe later - it's down in my kitchen and I'm running a little behind. I missed my bus yesterday and the boss will be on my butt if I do it two days in a row.

You'd think I have it memorized by now, I've made it so many times. In the meantime, you might want to web-search other protein powder based recipes, because I like the chaffles so much that I haven't played with it in my other bready-type things. I'll post those recipes, anyway, they're just not as P:E-friendly.
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-21, 08:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi DG2. I'll get you my chaffle recipe later - it's down in my kitchen and I'm running a little behind. I missed my bus yesterday and the boss will be on my butt if I do it two days in a row.

You'd think I have it memorized by now, I've made it so many times. In the meantime, you might want to web-search other protein powder based recipes, because I like the chaffles so much that I haven't played with it in my other bready-type things. I'll post those recipes, anyway, they're just not as P:E-friendly.

Definitely don't be late for work! I appreciate it whenever you have a moment - no rush for sure. Have a good day!
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-21, 15:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Okay, here we go! I think the next time I make these, I'll try a couple of them fried up in a fry pan like a pancake. Maybe I'll try one in the microwave, too. I know not everyone has a waffle maker. I really like the waffle texture, especially with melted cheese and slightly-runny egg yolks.

1 egg
1/2 c egg whites
1/2 c cottage cheese (I use 1%)
1 scoop whey protein or combination of whey and pea protein
1/8 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 Tbsp psyllium
1 Tbsp coconut flour
Oil spray (or it WILL stick if you're using a Dash)

Makes 6 (sometimes 7). Nutrition for 2 (assuming 6 total: )

132 cal
3 g fat
7 g carb - 2 g fiber = 5 net
20 g protein

-----------------------------------------------

Another go-to of mine is a single-serving microwaved bun. This is nice and easy if you mix the dry ingredients ahead of time. I put it into individual snack sized sandwich baggies or containers for a quick bun.

1 egg
1 Tbsp water

1 heaping Tbsp coconut flour
scant 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seed
scant 1/2 Tbsp psyllium
1/2 tsp baking powder

splash of vinegar, maybe 1 or 2 tsp

- Beat the egg and water in a microwave safe dish, then mix in your dry ingredients
- Add the vinegar when you're ready to go. Stir it in quickly. Microwave for about 2 min or until set.
- The original recipe suggests adding butter or oil, so this is a bit dryer. I usually line a dish with parchment to make clean-up easier.

Cal - 165
Fat - 10 g
Carb - 13 total - 9 fiber = 4 net
Protein - 10

This is the one I wouldn't mind trying to add whey protein to see what happens.

----------------

A couple of other recipes that have a respectable P:E ratio, and could probably be tweaked to have more protein/less energy:
Coconut flour tortillas
Griddle muffins
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-21, 17:56

BF:

Thanks Kristine! I look forward to playing around with these recipes!
  #144   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-21, 06:34

BF:

Doggygirl2

I ordered a 4 cup cuisinart food processor to make the fluff. Do you think that will be big enough?
  #145   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-21, 14:31

BF:

Quote:
Doggygirl2

I ordered a 4 cup cuisinart food processor to make the fluff. Do you think that will be big enough?

I think a 4 cup might be on the small side. But you could always start making a 1/2 batch and see how that goes. Mine is at least an 8 cup and the fluff "grows" to fill it up. But a 1/2 batch would still be LOTS of fluff! And very easy to 1/2 the recipe.
  #146   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-21, 17:36

BF:

Thank you, Doggygirl2.
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-21, 05:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
I think a 4 cup might be on the small side. But you could always start making a 1/2 batch and see how that goes. Mine is at least an 8 cup and the fluff "grows" to fill it up. But a 1/2 batch would still be LOTS of fluff! And very easy to 1/2 the recipe.

I made a 1/2 batch in my Oster upright blender and it worked very well. Guess I should have tried that before I bought the food processor. I will find other uses for it I suppose. I used 1/4 tsp of xanantham gum which was too much in terms of making me feel a bit gassy.

Have you tried the creme brulee flex flavor from DN?
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-21, 07:16

BF:

Quote:
I made a 1/2 batch in my Oster upright blender and it worked very well. Guess I should have tried that before I bought the food processor. I will find other uses for it I suppose. I used 1/4 tsp of xanantham gum which was too much in terms of making me feel a bit gassy.

Have you tried the creme brulee flex flavor from DN?

I'm glad it worked for you! I have never tried using any xanantham gum - I bet that makes it really thick.

I do have the creme brulee flex flavor and I do like it!
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-21, 07:16

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Excellent new podcast from DietDoctor on The Importance of Protein with Dr. Eenfledt explaining how they will incorporate Dr. Naiman's ideas on Protein. https://www.dietdoctor.com/diet-doc...ein-compilation.
The three interviews start off with the super smart, Adele Hite, PhD, RD, who use to be the patient educator in Dr. Westman's office. Her best line, Fat is just empty calories, like sugar. No nutrition, a smidge of Vit A in butter, a few little things, but mostly energy. See Marty's quote in my signature.

Unlike Dr. Naiman, Franziska couldn't bring herself to recommend low fat products like egg white, low fat yogurt, maybe that will be the next step. Older women would have a hard time with 4 eggs for breakfast. I find 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites and vegetables perfect.

My original weight goal was 160, a number I was close to but did not reach. 169 is a healthy BMI so I was satisfied to be around there. Today my original scale is 159.2.

The combo of Dr. Naiman's https://www.lowenergydiet.com and Marty Kendall's Data Driven Fasting is magic.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Apr-22-21 at 08:38.
  #150   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 08:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Excellent new podcast from DietDoctor on The Importance of Protein with Dr. Eenfledt explaining how they will incorporate Dr. Naiman's ideas on Protein. https://www.dietdoctor.com/diet-doc...ein-compilation.

I find 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites and vegetables perfect.

My original weight goal was 160, a number I was close to but did not reach. 169 is a healthy BMI so I was satisfied to be around there. Today my original scale is 159.2.

The combo of Dr. Naiman's https://www.lowenergydiet.com and Marty Kendall's Data Driven Fasting is magic.

Janet, thanks for providing the link. I will definitely listen to that podcast! Your success with the changes you have made is so outstanding.

I would be very interested in more specifics of how you have modified your diet. You mention your breakfast formula here. What other changes have you made to your meals and/or snacks (if you snack)? If you have posted these thoughts somewhere else on the forum, a re-direct is fine. I am trying to figure out how to adapt my own eating plan, and I'm all ears for other people's successful ideas!