Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 17:54
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default J.K.'s Daily - Bodyrock

Seems I'm all over today.

Might as well start one of these too.

Background
Former runner and and occasional gung-ho weight lifter. Played rugby in college (U.S.M. - about 4 years), which was great for keeping in shape. Lots of running and weight lifting there. However, that was about 20 years ago..

When I graduated I was 6 feet, 173 lbs, and lean as a gazelle.

Continued to exercise regularly after school for years - mainly running on pavement. When left knee pain started to set in I switched to running on the beach. I found that with a brace and the soft sand running was okay. However, with quite a few years progression even that became too difficult.

I don't have any knee pain at all normally. It's only when I run that it hurts, and as a result I have not run for quite some time. Unfortunatly though the result of that combined with a poor diet and sedentary job is these measurements that I'll now post.

At the time I had to quit running - (twas about 5 years ago - I was six feet and I believe about 188). Still not perfect but okay.

This is where I am today.

Starting Stats
Quote:

Six feet 245
----------
50 / 50 / 47 / 17 / 25 / 17 / 12 / 17
chest, stomach, hips, biceps, right thigh, right calf, right forearm, neck

Akkkkkk!!

Kind freaks me out. lol I figure that's about 13 pounds a year over the last 5 years. Thing is that's really an understatement. During the last 5 years I've also had a few rounds of significant weight loss - only to have it come back. But prior to about age 35 it wasn't a big problem - not the way it is now.

Anyway - I think I've found the equalizer.

I bought a Stairmaster for my home about a year ago. Also bought these 30lb dumbells and this sit up bench which I double for presses.

Stairmaster causes no knee pain at all, nor do the weights. Riding a bicycle causes no knee pain either and I ordered a new one of those just the other day.

When I was on Atkins previously I had great results using just the Stairmaster, dumbell routine, and sit ups. Again, dang problem is that I got off the plan.

My plan then is to just return to what I was doing but adding bicycling too. I think if I add a little more variety I'll be less prone to getting bored and quiting, plus riding a bike is kinda a nice way to get out of the house.

Last week workouts were limited to 20 minute sessions on the Stairmaster - Level 4 - Fatburner Mode. Starting tomorrow I'll begin adding to that a dumbell and situp routine. My schedule is pretty basic.

Quote:
Monday - Stairmaster / Pushing / abs
Tuesday - Stairmaster / Pulling / abs
Wednesday - Stairmaster / Pushing / abs
Thursday - off
Friday - Stairmaster / Pulling / abs
Saturday - Bicycle Trip and/or Gardening
Suinday off

Anyway - that posted then I guess I know have a gym log. Prolly won't use it every day but rather post back here with progress in terms of measurments.

Thanks!

Last edited by J.K. : Tue, Jun-22-04 at 07:54.
Sponsored Links