Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 06:43

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

ewww i didnt know abt stillman's ....but i definitely need some butter with my foods...

currently anyone a gym member? any good gym reccommendations?
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 07:14
Registered Member

Plan: stillman's
Stats: 125/125/94
BF:
Progress: 0%

i not gym member but i thinking of joining amore some time in aug or sept. its a ladies gym so i think its better. nice meh butter? i know atkins can have butter but i still can't accept the taste leh. hahaha.
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 21:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125.4/125.4/110 Female 163 cm
BF:

Hi there everyone,

Just an introduction of myself. I just started the Atkins diet yesterday. Was looking for a support group of sorts. I have to admit that it is not easy. I have a terrible sweet tooth and give in to chocolates easily. Praying for will power to stick to the diet.
I have been following this forum for sometime and am amazed by the will power that some of you have. It even seems fun to some.
Oh I do go to the gym regularly. I started about 2 months back and go about 4 times a week. However going to the gym did not result in any weight loss. That is why I decided to start on the Atkin's diet.
I have tried all sorts of diets before. From slimming gels, to slimming pills and even the cambridge diet. They all do not work as I snack too much.
Do you have this same problem? How do you get over it?

All the best.. =)
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 06:22
Registered Member

BF:

okae, let me introduce myself too. u're toking to a big time snacker here. i used to have a eating disorder. many people didn't believe that eating disorder happens in asian countries but i used to be a compulsive overeater and anorexic. i would buy lots of chocolates, potato chips and hide them in my room and when no one is looking, i'll eat and eat. i didn't know when i was full. i tried to make myself purge but i couldn't so i became anorexic. everytime i binged i would 'fast' (starve) myself for 2 days and the cycles begins again. also, i took laxatives but i know i wasn't losing fat but just water weight but i became dependent on them so i'm still taking them. i can take up to 6 pills a day. well, dats basically my story. i've been on and off atkins because of my compulsive overeating disorder. my family doesn't know of my eating disorders because i guess i hide the food well. lol. because i know i've ruined my metabolism, i decided to try atkins out. when i don't do atkins, i at least try to stick to the carbohydrate addicts plan. it has a reward meal which i can eat everyting i wan in a n hour. tomorrow is wednesday, and i intend to start fasting again. (not anorexic but trying to detox)

Rushamonie, i realised we have something like the same goal, so maybe we can encourage each other or something. good luck.
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 09:31

BF:

i have tried various ways too...and trust ourselves...Atkins/Low-carb is still the best way to curb the problem....

the weirdest form of weight loss i tried is using this kind of slimming patch that sticks to my skin....it said to help slim down with adequate exercise. i gave up.

anyone noticed and tried this new slimming water endorsed by kym ng? anyone tried extrim? i think extrim is quite similar to the thermogenics sold at GNC stores. i never bought extrim, but i saw the ingredients....agar agar figured out...

do y'all realize that each time when u go off n back on the low-carb wagon, y'all find it harder to lose? now i rather up a bit more, make myself less restricted...rather than going for a carb binge.

wow debbie, you could tahan for 2 days? think if i missed a meal, the next meal i can swallow a cow =P
  #111   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 06:57
Registered Member

BF:

hahahaha. i will do anything to lose weight but not to the extent to chop off my arm or something.

and about going off and on the low carb wagon, ya, i think after sometime it becomes more difficult to lose.

tomorrow is sunday and i going to start fasting. all water and nothing. lol. must have the will power!
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 21:59

Stats: 125.4/125.4/110 Female 163 cm
BF:

Hi there again,

Debbie, thanks for the support! The thing is that I think we should start thinking more in terms of healthy eating through the atkins. I think it is the best way to get out of our various eating disorders. It is amazing how you managed to fast for 2 days. I would be walking around like the living dead.

As for going on and off the low carb wagon, I have not been able to stay on it long enough to consider my attempt a start. I crave for a bit of crunch and sweet so much. It's tough. Sometimes I resort to taking one biscuit just to make myself happy. It works for my mood but not for the diet though.
So as you can tell, I am going to start with the diet on a clean slate all over again. =p

About Extrim, I have tried it before. The first few days I went to the toilet so much, my bum hurt. Then after a while I think my system got used to it. Is Extrim a thermogenic? I was thinking of getting Hydroxycut from GNC since I have been exercising everyday and think it would help. But I have no idea whether how effective. It does cost quite a bit. I was reading about it on some other website. It warns against consuming it if you have a family history of heart disease and thyroidism. My family history has both that is why I have been hesitating. Do any of you take it even though you have a family history of heart disease and such? Do thermogenics work?

I just had dried dates for lunch (so much for low carbing yah?). But I will be disciplined for dinner!!
  #113   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 02:54
Registered Member

BF:

well don't be so hard on urself. be thankful its dried dates and not something else like i did. lol. i ate a bun and some chocolates. den i took laxatives again. tried to make myself purge but couldn't so i'm drinking alot of water now.
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 06:13

BF:

hydroxycut isnt that effective. xenadrine shld be better.
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 07:15

Stats: 121/121/99 Female 151
BF:
Progress:
Cool Hello all

Hi

Just started my LC program today.

Did not it was so hard!! esp. to avoid carbo! outside food is all carbo...rice, noodles...

How do you do it? Practically impossible unless u cook yr own food.
Any advice? What hawker food is low carbo?

Hope i can stay on to the induction for 2 weeks!
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 07:02

BF:

cute_buppy. welcome!

to be frank, it isnt easy. in fact it worked for me best when i was waiting for poly entry. i lost the biggest amt of weight during that time coz i could afford to eat at home.

i feel that after induction (if this is possible)...dont deprive urself too much carbs. basically it is better to up bit more rather than getting i-cant-stand-it-i-am-going-to-binge-now...

i find myself addicted to meat and fats. and seems like every meal i will need em...~ if not i wont feel right...

so how's Extrim right now? is it really effective? hmm actually to say, i upped my carbs quite a bit and thermogenics mainly stabilize my insulin levels. not much on the inches. but i wont like a pdt that eliminates any fat...~
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 07:45
Registered Member

BF:

so hows everyone? happy national day!

fumih, u're looking great! you've come a long way and u go ger!
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:50

Plan: Atkin
Stats: 210/200/140 Male 176
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hello guys i am from singapore too!
Can you guys pm me the list of food that you eat everyday?
I am a newbie here

I have only found some foods that i can eat.
eggs
cheese
ham
corned beef
tuna
salmon

By the way can i have soy sauce?
I need it for fish, chicken or pork.

Also i can i eat those starch, corn flour that my mom use to fry foods
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 09:11
Registered Member

BF:

corn starch, flour all this cannot. and becareful when your mum fry vegetables. cos sometimes maybe got add sugar to 'balance' the taste. my mum last time fry den add sugar and i was thrown out of ketosis. BEWARE. hahaha.

hmm.. all kinds of fish, seafood, sashimi, some like to cook with butter so maybe get that, olive oil, frozen chicken wings. OMG. deep fry them. yum yum. finally realised deep fried chicken wing won't make u fat but remember don't put breading, ground beef, mayo. try to get hellmann's or best food. the sugar is negligible so don't worry it'll throw you out of ketosis. don't forget vegetables.

good luck on your low carb journey.

Last edited by debbie16 : Sun, Aug-10-03 at 09:12.
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 23:07

Stats: 121/121/99 Female 151
BF:
Progress:

Aiyo... i ate all my food with breading.

Oh no.

Anyway I also cheated on my induction. Had some rice and noodles. Can't really avoid them if u eat out. Even if eat western food, they also got put sauce and there might be sugar in it.

So i am restarting this week. But will be cooking all my food. Hope i can last out the 2 weeks again....

But weekend got my fren's baby full month buffet....
In such cases, how do you all avoid the "bad" carbo?