Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 07:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Angry I need a kick in the butt to get back to WOE

I really strayed badly this weekend and Friday afternoon. I don't want to go into the details, but I'm not proud of myself. I did go to the grocery and bought all kinds of low-carb stuff on Friday night but it wasn't enough.

I know it's an excuse, but I'm using the stress of Alexander's autism to really mess me up. My energy level is down, my willpower is down, it's very hard to take.

I brought to work some cheese, boneless chicken thighs, hot and spicy pork rinds. I just hope this is enough for me. I really need to lose this weight - right now I'm scared to get on that scale or take my measurements. I'm sure I'm right back to where I started from.

Time to drink 20 oz water - I just HAVE to make it through the day.

Thanks for reading,

Gail
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/164.5/150
BF:
Progress: 62%

Gail, each day is a new beginning. Forget your yesterdays and concentrate on today. Stop beating yourself up!!! If you drink your water, it will help you to maintain a full feeling. How bout trying to bring some crunchy veggies like brocolli or cauliflower to work. They fulfill a lot of chewing action.
You can do it........one day at a time!!!
Kay
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 08:14

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hang in there, Gail!

Eating in response to stress is a hard behavior to change...trust me...been there, done that...still have the 3X shirt and size 26 jeans as a reminder!
Every one of us has made less than perfect choices from time to time and I beat myself up when I do it too. The best thing is to forgive yourself and get right back on track again. Don't use it as an excuse to just keep on making choices that you know are not the best for you.
Have you ever considered taking a stress management course? It might help you manage it in other ways besides eating.
Keep trying...you can do this!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 08:45

BF:
Default Thank you Lisa and Kay

I guess sometimes I really need to hear that. It's only too easy to get mad at myself - and just keep sliding because I don't have enough self-discipline (respect?) to continue. Your words mean just so much. I just finished a nice glass of water and feel refreshed. I seem quite thirsty - time for some more water. My body is definitely craving it. I think everything will be OK.

Thanks again!

Gail
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 08:54

Stats: 181/164/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

Sorry you're having such a tuff time of it. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending you some good LC vibes....."vibe"......"vibe"....."vibe".....

Now that you've been "vibed" you'll be able to stick to the plan - you know it will help your energy level and that alone will help your stress level.

#6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 09:30

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 268/231/175
BF:
Progress: 40%

I had a not so good weekend myself. I was stressed, had to work all weekend, shopping, Xmas, etc, etc.....I felt very guilty not being able to prepare myself meals and exercising. But I drank my water (took my big bottle everywhere)...I didn't beat myself up!

Today is a brand new day and its looking real good right now. Hang in there...we can do it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 10:46

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

We are all feeling stresses. It does make it tough. I've been working full time, going to school full time, and trying to do final papers that seem beyond me. We all have our own stresses and I hope you can overcome yours. Believe me, I'm sure we all can commiserate, maybe not in the same way, but there are definitely hard times.

We're all behind you!

One day at a time. It's all about choices. If you fall off the wagon, just hop back on. You can do this! Hang in there.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 10:47

BF:
Smile thanks everyone - been good for 5 hours now

doesn't sound like much but i have lots of treats for my sugar cravings. all low-carb. I WILL get through this. Thanks so much again - you don't know how much this means to me!

Gail
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 10:56
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Gail...

Confession is good for the soul, isn't it?? Just getting the guilt purged is sometimes all it takes to get rejuvenated.

You are SO close to breaking the 200 mark soon...just go about your day relaxed about doing something good for your body and soul today. By the end of the week, your good habits will be back.

Drink that water, girl!!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 11:02

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up You CAN do it...

Gail, I agree with what others have said...you should not beat yourself up for eating "off plan" over the weekend....

...because it's just not productive or good for you. Stress isn't good for us in any way. Stress, even when not accompanied by binge eating, is not good for weight loss or overall health. So lighten your stress load by forgiving yourself.

But in doing so, find a few quiet moments to step back and think about what stressed you out and how you turned to food for comfort. It's a natural thing to do. Even people without wieght issues do this. But you want to lose weight (I believe), so you need to find other ways of coping with your feelings of stress.

What's that expression...something about learning from our mistakes? If we don't learn from them, we're destined to continue repeating them...

Be good to yourself!

Donald
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 16:27

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just echoing everyone elses' good wishes. I hope all these positive comments are helping you get through this. Remember, taking charge of your health is good for you and for all those who depend on you. You can do it, girl!

Cindy
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 19:00
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Gail,

Having a child with disabilities is one of the most difficult things you can go through. My oldest child has various learning and health problems and the financial/time/emotional strains have been overwhelming at times. As I'm sure you're learning, just advocating for your child -- making sure he gets the right supports and treatment -- can be a full-time job.

In retrospect, what I didn't do in the past when caught up in my child's issues was find adequate support for myself. I know that more than once I turned to food for comfort. I also know that many times I just ate whatever was available, even knowing it was bad for me, because I didn't have the energy or inclination to find something else. You can't beat up on yourself for turning to food for comfort; you're human and you're going through something difficult and you cannot be perfect all the time.

That said, I really wish that I had actively found myself more support earlier and also found a way to make time for myself. If you can somehow find in your schedule a few hours a week to do something for yourself, something you really like doing, it would probably be really helpful for you. Whatever you do, don't blame yourself. You are going through a difficult, emotional time and your reactions are totally normal.