I have heard that too- since you have the rest of the day to burn up those carbs with exercise (therefore you don't get a blood sugar rise and subsequent insulin production).
I hear ya on the cheese love- I definitely include a lot in my diet. but definitely be careful not to over do it.
I eat fish, but i will post a few sample menus that are completely veg. Hope it helps!
B- coffee with cream and splenda, sometimes a cinnamon stick or unsweetened cocoa powder stirred in for a "mocha."
1. i like to nibble a lot, so i might pack a mix of the following:
hard boiled eggs
olives or pickles
raw veggies and dip/ hummus/ guacamole
pre portioned bags of nuts (I love the 100 calorie packs of almonds for convenience and portion control!)
mini quiches (check out the "egg muffin" recipes in the recipe area)
string cheese or babybell
greek yogurt- sometimes i pack a "flax pack" to sprinkle on top
a ziploc baggie with a scoop of whey protein powder- you can stir it right into a cup of coffee at work for a protein boost
a small amount of peanut butter or almond butter and celery
packets of miso soup (if you have a hot water thing in the office)
little containers of cream cheese with celery or other veggies to dip
little containers of cottage cheese
2. a great big salad with veggies- raw and roasted, hard boiled eggs, cheese, avocado, olives, artichoke hearts, etc....pack the dressing separately, so it stays nice!
3. egg salad with celery or bell pepper strips to scoop
4. make a "BLT"- large lettuce leaves to act as a wrap, tomato slices, plenty of mayo, and tempeh "bacon" (recipes all over the net for the tempeh bacon). i also like to add avocado and sprouts. pack everything separately and assemble at lunch, to keep it all fresh
1. portabello pizzas (see recipe section)
2. spaghetti squash with Alfredo sauce
3. eggplant and or zuchinni "lasagne" (see recipe section- just ditch the meat obviously)
4. quiche is great- i like to serve it with a nice green salad
5. baked pesto tomatoes http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=428496
as you can tell, i eat loads of eggs