Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 214/193/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Question Which exercise program is best?

Hi there! I am looking for an exercise program to help me continue to me goal. I lost the first 60 lbs pretty fast and I am looking to keep up my success. Right now I have THE FIRM, WINDSOR PILATES, SLIM IN SIX, and a few yoga tapes. I really like the yoga and the FIRM. I also try to run for 45 mins a day.

SO is there any one program that is better then the other? And if I am using something like the FIRM, do I still need to lift weight?

Thanks for all the help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 09:51

Plan: Low Carb for LIFE
Stats: 160/160/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 0%

Berrybums5,

Hey there...

If anyone asked me what workout routine was the best..i would easily say...TURBO JAM....its by far the BEST workout in the universe right now...u sweat like crazy...and most importantly..you have fun while doing it....even if u don't like high impact...there is always a girl that modefies the moves for beginners......

The instructor...her name is Chalene Johnson..is AMAZINg..she is hip and fun..motivating..and amazing....

Hope i helped.

Casandra
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 18:02

Plan: ANA meets BFL
Stats: 205/153/155 Male 5'7"
BF:36%/10%/10%
Progress: 104%

The best program is one you will actually do every day. If it's fun and you stick with it, that's better than one you hate and frequently skip, even if the one you love is an otherwise less effective one.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-06, 08:52

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 325/283/200
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrybums5
SO is there any one program that is better then the other? And if I am using something like the FIRM, do I still need to lift weight?

I'm not sure about the FIRM but I would think that if you are enjoying your level of fitness, strength, and % of muscle, then you need to continue to lift maintain it. Stop lifting and you will slowly lose the benfits of that level of muscle (i.e. metabolism boost, extra calories burned to support it, etc). Alternately, if you don't like lifting weights, you might find that something like yoga or pilates will maintain your level of muscle and be something you ejoy more.

While I am, by no means done losing weight, at some point I made a mental switch from woking out to lose weight, to working out to become/remain fit.