Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-24, 14:05

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
They do, they are all over social media doing that. Were I a young person who doesn't pay attention to science it would be easy -- especially for young and idealistic people -- to see veganism as THE answer and essentially join a cult. Most people don't -- they try it, maybe get the "honeymoon" but give up on trying to get it back.

~snip~

Oh I agree with what you said about their agenda and how they're going about it. And I know they're everywhere pushing the idea that meat is murder, meat will kill you, you can get all the nutrients you need from plants. (well perhaps you can get all the nutrients you need from plants - IF the plants have enough insects on them... but the plant would need to be positively covered with insects, in which case it's no longer plant based, is it?)

I was just thinking more in terms of the nearly $1 BILLION that the Beyond Meat company alone has already lost, and how they're hemorrhaging even more money at an outrageously ridiculous rate - not just not breaking even on their investment, but it's costing them 1-3/4 times as much money as what they're bringing in. And they've been at this for a decade already.

How many more fake meat companies are also on their way to losing that kind of money? How long can they possibly keep this up?

Do they have literally unlimited funds to continue to push the vegan agenda AND also keep fake meat companies going?

I can't imagine they have that kind of funding, which means they can't keep losing money like that and continue to operate indefinitely. Eventually the debt load will catch up with them, and they will be forced to go out of business.

That's where I was thinking that if they have the funds to keep their failing business going - when clearly the business is not going to ever stop losing money, much less break even - if they channeled those funds into a massive coordinated vegan campaign, they might have better luck with promoting their agenda. As it is now, it's almost as if they're only half-trying, and the fake meats are actually working against their plant based agenda. (Except for whatever guilt they can elicit in meat eaters who will concede to eat a fake meat occasionally just to soothe their guilt over eating meat most of the time - but not often enough for the fake meat companies to stay afloat.)

(not that I want them to do better - I won't be the least bit upset when the fake meat companies go bankrupt and need to close down)