Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-13, 10:29
Registered Member

Plan: wheatbelly variation
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:
Smile My Own Variation on The Wheat Belly Plan

Hi all! I spent the last week researching the Wheat Belly and other low carb options. I tried Atkins many years ago with some success but found it hard to maintain for the long haul. I was drawn to the wheat belly (which I'm surprised I have not found mention of here?) because of it's claim to help with joint and arthritis pain, along with weight loss.

It is pretty extreme though... so I made some slight modifications. I am only in day two so it is too soon to tell but I am hopeful that this could work well for me. My big issues are bread and processed sugar. So I'm removing these from the equation and keeping my daily carb intake at below 70grams.

I am allowing my self up to 3 times a week 1 serving of rice or potato but only if I also exercise that day. (This is great incentive to me to exercise), I don't want to give up sushi! LOL! I am keeping it simple. I found a great app to help me keep track of my carbs called Daily Carb. (Love this app!)

Here is my own breakdown notes (please forgive spelling, was pretty sleepy when I wrote it out... should be have not half!):

I'm new to the forum, any feed back appreciated. Anyone here familar with the Wheat Belly book? I actually found another version by Natalie Ray that boils it all down more concisely and is free to borrow on a kindle if you have Amazon Prime. It's called Wheat Belly Diet: Ultimate Guide to Eating Wheat Free

It is also where I copied the food chart from... I only read the sample of the original book. He goes into a lot of detail about his research and how the process of wheat has changed so much since the 50s, which is why he believes modern wheat is so bad for us. Even in whole grain form.... but from reviews I read, he goes on too much. So I switched to the Ray book. She encourages you to take the principles and make it work for you, since a lot of people find it extreme... this is what inspired me to create my plan.

I do have years of experience and actually maintained a 130 lb + weight loss (cut out sugar but not all carbs) for over 15 years. However the last few years it has become harder (pre-menopause and other lifestyle issues are big factors) and I am now at my highest weight since my big lost. Still 80 lbs from my highest but like any addict, its a slippery slop!

p.s. I did not enter real stats, not really sure how they were used. My immediate goal is to lose 60 pounds.

Last edited by cuechick : Tue, Oct-08-13 at 10:44.
Sponsored Links