Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-24, 09:41

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default It’s the FOOD, Silly.

I’ve seen many headlines and articles about Oprah’s recent “weight special” which I didn’t see. I did catch her interview on Jimmy Kimmel, in which she reiterated her "ethical decision" to divest of all her interests and responsibilities with WW. Hah! I really like Oprah, but she can be so sweetly un-self-aware in her public pronouncements. She may be single-handedly responsible for sinking the Health Care insurance industry as millions of desperate people grab for GLP-1 injections.

I also watched a YouTube talk by Dr. Westman--he’s so low-key you have to work to stay awake. However, he’s smart and says wise things, as JEY will agree? One huge point he makes is that many if not most studies about weight loss and maintenance rarely talk about the food people actually eat.

Intermittent fasting, point counting, calorie reduction--none of that matters if the food consumed and counted is junk.

Ah well. We can feel smug if we’ve managed some measure of success over time, and learned a lot about our own bodies along the way. N = 1.
__
Sponsored Links