Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-10, 11:32

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%
Default Just found MyPlan today!

I'm doing a bit of reading and I was just wondering if it's easier to create food lists of individual foods and select those to add to the log or if it's better to create recipes and add to the food log as a serving of a recipe.

What do the majority of longtimers here do? Do you go by recipes or by single foods?

Also, is there a visual tools like a pie chart that can show the nutritional makeup of a recipe? similar to Fitday? I've given up on Fitday because I can't get in and I'm not trying again but I did really like the pie chart calculator that would show visually the foodlist or recipe broken down into percentages.

Last edited by deb34 : Fri, Mar-26-10 at 11:34. Reason: new question
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 13:36
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

You can do both.

When you create a new recipe, you designate how many servings the recipe makes, but the nutrition data that is shown at the bottom of the recipe will be for the entire recipe.

When you select that recipe as part of your Daily Entry, it automatically shows as 1 serving. If you've eaten more than one serving, you just use the little menu to update the amount you ate, as you do with other foods.

There are little pie charts on the far right of the line where a food is listed on your Daily Entry. They are there for all foods, including your own recipes.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 18:36
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I've used MY PLAN going on 5 years. At first it may seem a bit daunting but once you get the hang of it (like anything) easy peasy.

I use both the recipe creator which is awesome and I have a listing of favorite foods that I eat most of the time.

As long as I'm logging my food, I can go back to any given month and it has all the data broken down. In fact, I just scrolled thru each month since last August because I wanted to see the comparison of my carbs back then and now.

I really have to hand it to the creators of this handy little tool--I like it much better than FIT DAY. Plus, you always have tech support.

It's a tool to your success.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 16:27

Plan: Low Carb High Nutrition
Stats: 160/148.8/145 Female 5' 6"
BF:33/29.4/25
Progress: 75%

I could not agree more Lisa! Now Kisal had to help me a bit, but once you get the hang of it...it is amazing. And I just found the buttons on the bottom that let you export to your journal, or creates bbcode or html!! Just WOW!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 18:37
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMN
I could not agree more Lisa! Now Kisal had to help me a bit, but once you get the hang of it...it is amazing. And I just found the buttons on the bottom that let you export to your journal, or creates bbcode or html!! Just WOW!

What buttons????

Where???

OK--I found the buttons, how does it work?? I've been trying to figure out how to get information into a post from MY PLAN.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 18:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
What buttons????

Where???

OK--I found the buttons, how does it work?? I've been trying to figure out how to get information into a post from MY PLAN.

At the bottom of your Daily Entry page, you'll see Export to: : Journal | BBCode | HTML Clicking on "Journal" will take your day's intake, with calories, carbs etc, straight to your journal as a separate entry.

ETA: You could always do a copy 'n paste if you wanted to transfer the info from your journal to another post.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 18:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I just found Wa'il's original announcement of this info, where he explains it a bit better than me:
Quote:
At the bottom of your daily food entry, or the detailed meal view, you will see at the botoom, just above the pie chart legent, 3 links to export that day's food entry.

1. Journal: This will copy the food entry as a new post in your journal.

2. BBCode: This will you allow you to view/edit the bbcode, before you cut and paste it to your journal, or you can download as a file

3. HTML: This will allow you to view the entries in HTML format, and you can cut and paste, or download as a file.

Enjoy.

Wa'il

This is a good question, so I shall add this to the FAQs.