Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 00:17

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 391/377/199
BF:
Progress: 7%
Talking 14 lbs in 1st 5 days!

Ok, is this real? I weighed today at the doctor's offie and in roughly 5 days I LOST 14 pounds! I have lost a large amount of weight the first week of many diets before but never like THIS!

BACKGROUND(if you want to read): I too have been reading up through the book and this Board and a few others. They are really valuable and extremely useful. I am a 32 yr old female and I have 200 pounds to lose and this is the first time in my life I have ever even tried to watch carbs/sugars. TRUST ME I
have watched everything else in the world, calories, fat, points, and every diet you can imagine.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 8 yrs ago which has caused a slight insulin resistance, weight gain, and infertility (although been heavier than most--- most of my life). Then, there was no where near the research done with the insulin/carb connection. This WOE was rec to me by that Dr. and I have been reading like crazy since then (about 2 weks ago or so) and think this WOE
makes so much sense with the connection between insulin, weight, and hormones too. Especially when nobody could figure out why in the world I kept gaining weight when I DID NOT eat that much volume of food. In 2 weeks I also start taking metformin to control symptoms related to PCOS. He said the meds would increase the effects of this WOE, which is definitely a good thing.

Other than actually the physical weight on my body, I am pretty healthy. I am feeling great and not hungry at all, definitely not deprived of food. I need to exercise more for sure. I hope this WOE proves to be my downfall, in weight that is!!!! I know it won't go that fast for long, but I don't care just as long as it GOES!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 12:52

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

good for you! that's a great initial loss, but not that uncommon for LC eating.

For people on fairly low-carb plans (20-30 grams per day to start, up to 60 or so for ongoing loss), many will lose 10% of what they have to lose in the initial whoosh (of 1-3 weeks, depending on the person) then 1% per week after that.

keep it up!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 255/204/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

That's really awesome! What an incentive to keep going right?
I started SB on 7/1. I cannot believe how easy it is compared to everything else I've done.
I don't know that I'm doing "low carb" so much. But I have cut all white sugar and eat all legal SB foods. I have about 85 pounds more to lose. At my heaviest I was 265. I've managed to get down to 225 doing Slim-fast. But I can't stick to it and get hungry and crabby and a headache. With 35 sugars per can I'm surprised I lost anything!
I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks without exercising or starving or feeling deprived.
I suppose I could lose more if I started exercising and lowering my carbs but I don't want to change my way of life that much yet. I'm going slowly on this so I stick with it.
It's that lovely time of the month also so I suppose I could have lost more it's just hidden at the moment
Cheryl
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 09:27

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Congrats!

Hello!

I just wanted to add my congrats on a job well done! You should feel so proud of yourself.

Hope you keep us informed of your progress.

molly