Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2041   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-14, 15:49

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 157/122.8/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:belly 40.3/8
Progress: 92%

Tried to measure belly. It was 43 and a half, but not sure I did it right. maybe I need a tattoo line of where to take measurement.

Still doing laundry and cleaning up laundry soap mess.
Sponsored Links
  #2042   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-14, 20:11

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Looked up the mac & cheese that I had last night after my stomach swelled up and would have broke if it was a balloon.
Was amazing how many carbs and calories O'Charley's mac & cheese with bacon & tomatoes has, then there is the sodium.
No wonder it was so yummy.
I don't have a smart phone, it might be worth getting one, lol.
Fasted today, drank lots of water.
sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese, tea tonight.
Can see my toes again.
It is amazing what heat exhaustion really does to an older person.
Thought just cool off and I'd be better.
It's taking days and they say to stay out of the heat or will happen much faster.
Love that our weather has been cooler.
N2L
  #2043   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-14, 21:56

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi ladies, it's been a few days since i have checked in. It has been hot and miserable all week. Yesterday it was near 100 degrees. I just don't have the energy to do anything when it gets that hot. My tummy swells when i eat too many carbs too. My problem is carbs are so addicting. It sounds like you did the right thing to counteract the effects N2L. Hang in there Chanteyl your belly measurements are bound to go down. It's been too hot to eat except for today. I had a taco salad without the bowl. I also had my BPC this morning. Didn't have much lunch. My DGS got in an accident and totalled his truck, so have been taking him back and forth to work. It was his fault so his insurance is probably not going to help. I probably left someone out, if so I apologize. Hope everyone has a great evening
  #2044   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-14, 11:41

It's cool here in MI and because I don't move around much I wear a sweater most of the time. People do give me strange looks. I get cold even when it's warm out.

I was happy with the belly measurement I thought it would be worse.

I felt so good when I was eating a spinach salad every day and having a few berries for a snack every day. I felt good eating foods that were healthy for my body. I had a little bit of energy.
  #2045   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-14, 15:51

BF:

Hi ladies, well everyone should be here in another hour since we are having a cookout. That is always a fun thing to happen in July. It always makes me feel better when I eat the right things too. Spinach Salad sounds yummy. I grew up in Michigan. I was born in Muskegon, and grew up in Grand Haven. Actually everyone of my children was born at Grand Haven Hospital. My mom was a LPN Nurse at that hospital for many years. Anyway food wise I am going to do my best to stay focused wish me luck.
  #2046   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 17:01

BF:

Hi all, well it is Sunday. We had the barbeque yesterday and of course i ate what I shouldn't have. I feel achey today like I may be coming down with the crud. (YUCK!!!!!) Probably just because I ate wrong I hope. It was nice to see the kids and the grandkids though. Everybody has busy lives, and we can't get together as often as I would like. It is lucky we had it yesterday, as it is raning and cold today. Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day
  #2047   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 20:32

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I hope you're all doing pretty well...we had a quiet Sunday. I had a lady clean the "house" yesterday and it smells so much better. I think the ceiling had an awfully lot of dust on it as I've never cleaned it!!! Anyway, she's younger than me and did a terrific job.
jmh---I spent most of my childhood in a small town in the Yakima. Small world, huh?
I weighed myself this morning---153.6# I'll take it!! myrt
  #2048   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 22:34

BF:

Myrt, oh let me have a 153.6 someday. That is wonderful. You do so well with exercise and eating. Proud of you.
jmh, so glad that you enjoy your bbq day with family. Family is so important. The diet can be repaired.
n2l
  #2049   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-14, 10:43

I'm not real sure where Grand Haven is. I will check it out when I see a map. I do know that I have been there.

I have a bulletin board so I can pin up diet-type sayings. To keep me on target.
  #2050   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-14, 22:18

BF:

Hi all, well I did really well on my diet today. Had a taco salad for lunch. And a bunless hamburger for dinner. I agree it is a very small world. Yakima is in the Eastern part of the State. I've been thru there. Got some Apples and Peaches from a farmer. Congratulations on your weight Myrt!!!!!!! That is a real accomplishment. Good idea having someone clean, my daughter used to clean my house, but she has a regular job now. I have gone back the last couple of days and ate high quality protein and fat. Yesterday I felt like a truck ran over me, today I have had residual face pain. Hoping to have it out of my system by tomorrow. Well I am trying to explain where G H is. It is directly off Lake Michigan. We have a State Park, I miss G H something awful. We are about 35 miles away from Grand Rapids, and 20 miles away from Holland. It is located in Ottawa County. It is located off highway 31. Good idea with the diet quotes, anything to keep us focused huh.
  #2051   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 14:18

Wow, Myrt you did do really good.

I'm afraid I didn't yesterday. I really do hate to grocery shop. I would rather eat out, but there is too much on regular menus. And I have very little resistance after I have not eaten very good for a while.

I have Go day on a Thursday and our grocery store has too many people on Thursdays. Maybe I need to move Go day to a day earlier in the week.
  #2052   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 21:10

BF:

I'd like to get strong enough to stand and cook meals like I did for 50 years.
I always cooked breakfast and made lunches for all, then did the typical meat, potato, vegetable, and desert for dinner every night.
Even if I was that strong I wouldn't repeat the past.
I eat out my first meal everyday.
See the same folks everyday doing the same.
I wake up exhausted.
Stay exhausted.
Go to bed exhausted.
I try to eat lc/hf even eating out.
I normally bring a meal home for DH.
I don't have the real desire to cook as before, DH rearranged house, kitchen, and removed some of my special purchases.
It feels like his, not mine.
Have not said anything since when I left last year I said to myself I didn't want anything to do with him and my possessions weren't important enough to stay.
Still not strong enough to go down and up the steep basement stairs unless an emergency was to happen.
Things might be there, doubt it.
He doesn't understand the value of anything except what is in his garage, haha.

Last edited by never2late : Tue, Jul-22-14 at 21:16.
  #2053   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 21:44
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi (fellow ) TOFFs, since this thread has now gone over 2000 posts, and such long threads slow our forum down, it's time to start a new thread.

In case anyone hasn't found the new thread, it's here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=461794

Last edited by Rosebud : Wed, Jul-23-14 at 19:13.
Closed Thread