Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Molly in Hoosierland

Hiya Molly...

I thought I would move this post up top so you wouldn't miss it.

We live just north of Anderson, IN I grew up in Fort Wayne and my dh works in Indy. I've seen most of the state except for the south easter part down near KY.

Where bouts do you live?

And how are you doing on SB?

I think I have the hang of the "bread" issues. It's so hard to tell when you are first starting out what breads are legal and which ones are not. I've found the "sweet talk" board on the SB site very helpful. You should take a peek there if you already haven't.

I was at the grocery store today and picked up a copy of the SB shoppers guide. It didn't help me much at the time, but I'll have to sit down and read through it to see what I can glean.

Keep the faith...I think this is a good plan!

Lemme know how you are doing....

A big Hoosier wave!!

Ehren
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 18:29

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hello Ehren! (what a lovely name --- very Lord of the Rings)

This is a hoot! I live in Decatur just south of Ft Wayne. I have family down in Grant county so I am quite familiar with your part of the state too.

I am doing quite well on Sb --- once you get the basics down it is just so easy to follow. Bread does seem to be the #1 concern for most folks.

I used to post at Sweet Talk but stopped several months ago ... just not an environment that I am comfortable with.

Keep posting! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

molly
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:06

BF:
Default Hiya Molly!

My family and I have this ongoing joke about Decatur. We all pronounce it differently. I say "decAtUr"....everyone else says "dEcatur". Say, there is a restaurant in DecAtUr that I used to love to go to. If I remember it's called The Back Forty? it's right on the edge of town with a railroad car out front. It's smorgusboard (big surprize!). They had the BEST food! I've not been in town, in a long time.

I pass through there on I69 every time I go to Fort Wayne, which is often.

Doing okay on SB, with the exception of the last few days when PMS has been hitting me hard. I notice it a lot more when I'm LCing than not. The cravings are UNREAL!!

I ordered some bread, pasta, salad dressing, and mayo from the Cajun Grocer online. They are all manufactured by Sugar Busters. I want to try their bread and see if I can replicate it in my bread machine. I also ordered some SB chocolate chip cookies! I think they are made with Splenda

Anyhoo....glad your doing well. What is your goal weight and how much do you have to loose?

Talk to you soon...

Ehren
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:19

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Hello Ehren!

The Back Forty is still there. I have not eaten there but I hear its good (also a little pricey as Smorgasbord goes).

I have lived in DecAtur for not quite a year. I did live in Ft Wayne for several years and also in Greenfield.

Do you cook? I am an avid cook (owned a bakery once) I have some great bread & muffin recipes and legal cookies too. Would be happto post them if you think they would be helpful....

Speaking of recipes. I have been reluctant to post them to the regular thread on the Board as they will contain ingredients that are SB aceptable but not acceptable for the stricter LC Plans. I don't want to confuse anyone.

Would it be better to set up a Recipe Thread on The SB Forum? or should I just label them SB and post to the Board Recipe Forum? What is everyone' preference?

molly
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:40

BF:

I think a SB recipe thread right here in our forum would be really great! I agree that if listed in the regular directory, it may confuse some that are just beginning Atkins or other LC plans that do not allow some of the yummy things we can have legally.

And to be honest, I don't think enough people come here that someone would object. Hopefully with some more traffic, that will change.

I've been reading the Sweet Talk board but there always seems to be an uproar about something and it's discouraging so I limmit my time there. I enjoy this format much more.

I love to cook and with three boys and a husband who love to eat, that's a good thing! I catered a golf outing this year and I help to cater our dinners at the church each fall/winter on Wednesday nights. We usually serve 65+.

Start a thread and we'll list our favorite SB recipes!

Thanks for the idea!

Ehren