Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 12:35

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default New to Schwarzbein as of today

Hi, I just read the S books, and the reviews in Amazon and was convinced this may be the way to go. But in looking at the dates in both places, it seems like no one is doing this anymore. Is there a reason? Is it too hard to prepare meals in a busy schedule? Or just take too long to get healthy to then start losing (which kind of seems like a strong point she made in the books, get healthy first which may take time, then lose the weight in a normal fashion)? I saw the post here by Lanny of "Where is everybody?" and I am wondering that myself. Are ya'll just not a supportive group? Look into SSomers Discussion groups and you'll see what constant action and encouragement looks like. I'm going to keep my eye in there, but after reading Dr. S. this seems a much healthier way to go. Plus I have a 17 year old son going out for football and his coach keeps telling him "eat carbs", but I fear the ones he wants to eat are all the bad carbs. We both need to lose weight (not to mention get healthier after all the garbage we've been eating compare to what Dr. S says) and I am hoping this Way of Eating will bring him to my side and we can eat the same things. Anyone got any experience out there to help me get started on the right track?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 14:52

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

This group was quite active at one time, but for various reasons, it's stagnant now.

But that's not an issue because you now have a link to my journal which has links to other whole fooders journals as well. The journals are where you will see the real support.

Also, you should try the Triple Digits Club forum on this site, there are a lot folks there who have over 100 pounds to lose that lend a lot of support. Most of them are on Atkins, however, the support is the same.

I don't follow SP to a T and fine tuend it to my life. I always thought the measuring and counting carbs was tedius and avoided it. I have been very successful for over 5 years and have enjoyed my life in the process.

I think the Doc gets too complicated with her hormone stuff and all the types of programs based on your adrenals, etc, yadda... I just stick with WHOLE FOODS, eat normal portions of them (that will come with time), and I walk regularly (daily).

My body healed pretty fast, actually, I think a year was about when I noticed the most dramatic change in how I processed food and felt. Within weeks, all my stats changed dramatically.

I have never been low carb like Atkins, but just concentrated on eating whole foods as much as possible. I'm not a purist, but some things I am pretty ardent about.

Anyway, you can read all about it, take a few days most likely to read through it all, but you can see a 5 plus year journey in my journal and see what REAL weight loss and healing looks like.

And now I am on a mission to dump off the rest of this weight. I am just 63 pounds from my goal, and I am ON FIRE to get it off baby! Make sure to start your own journal. Stop by my journal and post a thought I will have your bookmarked. EAT WELL! --Betty

PS I really thought her latest book, THE PROGRAM, was the best and least complicated. I threw out the other two!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-07, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'm new to SP and am also discouraged by the lack of discussion here. Looking at journals will be *very* helpful, but having people answer questions and give encouragement or critiques would be nice. I joined a yahoogroup, too, and there isn't much disccusion. If others wander by, could you shout out so we can find each other?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-07, 19:59

BF:

You can ask ?s here, we check now and then.

Also, the journals are perfect for asking ?s. Have a WHOLE FOODS day! --Betty
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-07, 11:55

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 265/260/160 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 5%

i am doing SP as well.....i agree it would be great if more people would join in the discussions on this part of the board. as a newbie i have many questions as well.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-07, 13:34

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 165/123/125 Female 65 inches
BF:21.8%
Progress: 105%

Hi tiamia!

How did you hear about Schwarzbein and what led you to follow the plan? I have been an SPer for about 6 weeks now and feel better physically with each day that passes.

Ask your questions....I'll bet someone out there will help you out! Again, welcome and good luck.

Donna
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-07, 12:17

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 265/260/160 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 5%

i started SP because my doctor who is one of those that stresses herbs as ways to cure things suggested it. i read the book and realized i sounded like everyone she had described. she actually suggested it 3 years ago, but with my husband going to iraq the first year and having a baby the next, it took me this long to get back on it. also, my doc stressed my sugar was starting to get a bit high and that i needed to watch it. that right there got me serious about it. i did not want to end up with diabetes and leave my daughter one day because of my poor eating habits.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-07, 19:13

BF:

Welcome tiamia! You will do well on SP, it's great to have you on board! Be sure to start a journal and log your meals when you can, it's a great way to get support and learn a lot --Betty
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-07, 08:01

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 165/123/125 Female 65 inches
BF:21.8%
Progress: 105%
Talking

Hi Tiamia!!

Your plate was very full. It's hard to focus sometimes, but you will find SP very do-able. Daily I have more energy and feel better. Yesterday, I got results from bloodwork done and everyone was amazed! They said I had a perfect Lab...they have never seen such "normal" values in every catagory!!! Wow they were talking about me!

For now, I stick to 20-30 gr carbs at meals and 7-15 at snacks. I do eat all five times (3 meals, 2 snacks). I am a vegetarian, so it is a little challenging to meet the protein requirements, but so far so good. Not getting enough protein was how I got in such a mess in the first place.

Blessings to you on your journey...ask questions...throw out comments and read Betty's journal!

Happy Weekend