Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 10:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default Greg's gym log

OK. I am completely new to this I hope each and every one of you. will read this and help me design a work out right for me. I have ordered Trainerdans book, and I hope linda will have it shipped soon.

I am looking forward to chapter four. Work out for Fat loss. I do walk/run four miles daily and hve been doing this for around 4-5 weeks. I usually walk three and run one.

Now I will be using nautilis equipment. I just joined the YMCA. so I hope to start this as soon as possible.

I did read about training split. I am wondering if I should consider this since I have no previous work out experience or would something else be better.

I know of a circuit training program also this starts with cardio for 30 min then full body work out 3 times a week. do I stop doing my walk/run daily also. It will be cooler out soon one reason I joined the Y what about swimming. I would really like to try to incorporate swimming into this.

Any help what so ever will be greatly appreciated. I have read many peoples post throughout the forum So I know your advice will be sound.

cya Greg
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 16:20

Default Well I went swimming

I really had a great time of it. I did a little over an hour of lap swimming. utilizing differents strokes. I really like the swimming even if just for recreation. I am ok with that.

I won't be completely upset if I can't incorporate it into a work out.

So I have to go for now I will check in later.

cya Greg
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 18:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up Nice going

A gym log is a great idea! Nothing like being able to go back and reference just how far you've come (believe me here!).

Have you had a look through Trainerdans thread on "getting started" and "the best weight lifting exercises" ? It should give you some ideas on starting out. Having a 'plan' is something I have found helpful - but then again I'm a little obsessive compulsive

I'll be back later to see just what kind of schedule you've decided on.

Cheers,
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 09:24

Default Thanks Nat

I have been going through the threads and I still haven't made a decision on how to get started. I just don't want to over do it. I always get ambitious like this and then I become so sore that the enthusiasium goes away. So I am hoping that When I get the book in the mail I will be able to go in with some knowledge and confidence on how and what I am supposed to do.

I will continue to do my walk/run morning and evening and I will take this time to learn the equipment in the gym so I can be better prepared when I get Dan's book.

I guess I am a little obsessive compulsive also. I guess most of us are probably the reason for our weight gain in the first place now that we are channelling our energy in a different direction we have to obsess about something else.

I was reading your gym log and I am like you in the fact I am pretty happy with my legs. I use to run miles every day and on friday's I would run a couple extra. I would bike to school and hike mountainous regions. I am completely upset with my upper body.

I am taking the day completely off. I will go swimming later but only to relax and have fun.

cya Greg
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 10:43

Default Here is what I did

I aggressively swam for 2.5 hrs yesterday was really worn out then I did my two mile walk.

I did my walk several hours after swimming. I have noticed that I seem to be craving not a particular food just food.

I am guessing I need to increase my water intake. as of right now I am consuming approximately 140 oz a day. some days more but never less.

I guess this is normal to have cravings. my soreness has went away from friday night workout. I am ready to go tommorrow the gym is closed today

I will check in tommorrow

cya Greg
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 21:10

Default 09/03/02

Morning 5:30 A.m Walk/run sprinted last 50 meters did really well. I felt fantastic School walked 1 mile with 30 lbs on back. and ran 3 flights of stairs. I decided that I will walk at my pace for the morning walks or run every chance I get. like for instance when going into a store run from the car to the doors. ect....

Evening workout. I need some advice on this. did my abs tonight

did 15 mins on elliptical stationary bike. maintained a fat burning heart rate of 118

machine crunches 3 x 12 with 80 lbs resistance.

machine obliques 3 x 12 with 110 lbs resistance.

pull downs. worked lats and abs.

did the prone position 3 x 30 secs this was murder

did the side position 3 x 15 secs each side. this death beyond murder.

Here is my questions I see were people are doing abs everyday am I doing something wrong when I target this group only on tuesday I am consistently contracting my abs on my walks and when driving to school and when sitting in class. every chance I get I do this.

so should I do abs daily please let me know

cya Greg
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 06:02

Default 09/04/02

Morning 5:30 2 mile walk run. did the same as yesterday sprinted last 50 meters. felt pretty good. I am pleased to say my abs hurt. the hurt last night while trying to sleep and this morning.

great leg work out. I will have to get the names off the machines tonight and tell you what it was. Until then

cya Greg

BORN CARNIVORE
Attached Images
File Type: gif tiger.gif (38.0 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by greg5756 : Thu, Sep-05-02 at 06:20.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 06:22

Default 09/05/02

Well another great cardio this morning all is well I do tri's tonight this is going really good for me recovery is time seems to be perfect. I am sore for approx 36 hours then I am fine for when it is time to the cycle again.

will post more later

cya Greg
BORN CARNIVORE
Attached Images
File Type: gif tiger.gif (38.0 KB, 9 views)
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 19:19

Default 09/07/02

I have received T.D book was a real easy read thanks T.D. I am going to start incorporating your suggested cycle in my workout tommorrow. I have taken 2 days off completely and I tell you I needed it.

I have to go will write more tommorrow.

cya Greg
BORN CARNIVORE
Attached Images
File Type: gif tiger.gif (38.0 KB, 3 views)
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 06:05

Default 09/09---09/10/02

I will post yesterdays and todays. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.

09/09/02

great day. cardio in morning 2 mile walk/run

went to school. did work out at 5:15

on mondays I do chest. the problem I had was muscle fatigue. I know it was my fault I should have carbed up at lunch but I had snack only I did get all my sets in with a struggle I had to lower weight on last sets on almost all my exercise.

09/10/02

another great day, cardio this morning 2 mile walk/run.

I do my ab's tonight. I will definetly eat a good lunch.

i have to go

cya Greg
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 15:40

Default 09/11/02

I have continued my walk/run in the mornings I have decided I can not work out on mon and wed. except for my walks. It is a time issue and muscle fatigue issue. I am going to shop for glutamine tonight or this weekend. I am having a hard time on muscle recovery. I am still very sore from my chest workout on monday I am talking serious muscle fatigue.

I am not giving up. I am going to work through this. I have to. I am doing this for me. I am doing this because for the first time in my life I want to and I care about myself.

any suggestions on this please leave in my journal.

cya Greg