Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-11-20, 16:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%
Default From plant based back to low carb.. can’t stop gaining weight

Hello
I’m looking for a little advice here years ago I lost quite a bit of weight with low carb and did quite well and was quite happy with the eating some things started happening to my body and my third pregnancy and I decided to change my eating to plant-based it turned out I had a condition called lipedema and for some reason at that time with the hormonal changes of my pregnancy my body just started to gain a lot of weight so again I went to plant-based and I was that way for over six years and I did quite well in the beginning I got down to my lowest weight of 126 I believe At one point but started to feel unwell after so many years of being plant-based my iron levels were nonexistent and my body was so weak and tired all the time I could barely get out of bed in the morning without feeling exhausted and then on top of it I started to gain weight I gained 30 pounds in a half a year if even that it was horrible my knees are giving out and my bodies and happy my legs are heavy from the lipedema where the weed is being packed on on. I had gone back-and-forth and back-and-forth with the idea of going back on low carb I knew that meat would give me my iron back and then I know that I felt healthy eating low-carb so after a year of going back-and-forth I talked with my husband and he I was actually excited.

I decided to go back low carb on September 1 and since then all I’ve done is gain weight. At first I thought I made a mistake with my cheese eating too much but I was wrong after I converted grams to ounces and I had been eating under my 4 ounces of cheese I did make a mistake of eating some macadamia nuts for I believe it was two days it was less than half a cup each day but then when I realized that I shouldn’t have it at the beginning of Adkins stop to eating them. I woke up this morning and the scale said 164 I can’t believe it why am I gaining weight? I’m not keeping my plan at the moment just lack of time with the kids but I am eating under my 20 carbs most days it’s eggs and homemade sausage or bacon or ham for breakfast with tea sometimes with a tablespoon or so of heavy whipping cream. Lunch some days as a salad some days it’s leftover chicken with mayonnaise some days it’s eggs again like the same breakfast some days it’s just my lunch meat with mayonnaise under my maximum amount of cheese and sometimes hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise and then dinners are similar.

I’m not getting crazy and doing a bunch of recipes I’m pretty much basic meat cheeses eggs some low carb veggies mostly just salads at this point because I want to try to get way under my carb try to get my body jumpstarted but nothings working and I’m not sure what to do but go up 8 pounds in a week is horrendous and I’m about to just have a breakdown!
Sorry for the typing and the missing punctuation’s I’m trying to quickly get this post up while waiting for my kids at school before I run out of time I could really use any help! I’m wondering if my more high carb way of eating before it’s affecting the way that my body is adjusting to the low-carb at this point

Thank you

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Sep-12-20 at 00:59. Reason: Fixing weird copy/paste thing
Sponsored Links