Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3361   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 07:58

Plan: Atkins (Strict Induction)
Stats: 183/120/115 Female 5'7.5"
BF:21.6%
Progress: 93%

Sorry, but I have another question... Has anyone tried just eating meat? I am not a huge fan of eggs.... Second, has anyone made this a WOE in lieu of a short-term approach? Thanks - Jill
Sponsored Links
  #3362   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-06, 08:35

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 162.8/158.4/140 Female 164cms
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hello all and well done for your good work, I am very impressed!!! I would like to give the meat/egg diet a try. Since its not a life time diet what kind/amount of carbs would you include after you stop this diet. I guess you need to be very careful otherwise you will gain back the weight right?
  #3363   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-06, 13:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/125/120 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 90%

I did a a pure meat fast two weeks ago with no eggs, no veggies, and I ate only chicken which was seasoned. I drank 6 servings of (33.8 fl oz) a day and occassionally endulged in a diet soda (Diet Seven Up--b/c of the splenda). I also was mindful of how many calories I was consuming. I went from 132.8 to 125 in 5 days. It works, but it was painful and I felt weak most of the time. However, I wanted to drop some added pounds fast and this was a great way to do it.
  #3364   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-06, 17:13

Plan: Atkins OWL or abouts...
Stats: 195/188/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 23%

I'm seriously toying with the idea of making this a WOL for me simply because I like it, have amazing energy and it's easy to stick with. Also I've had terrible trouble losing weight just doing induction this time around.

Part of me thinks my body is simply thinking I will be goingback to my old ways of eating (low carb - cheat-low carb-cheat-lowcarb... you get the idea) soon. I've been doing low carb with no cheats since 9/21/06. So hopefull the weight will start peeling off quickly soon. Simply because I've been doing M/E no cheats for 4 days now. And I feel awesome! Tons of energy even at the gym running!!!
  #3365   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-06, 20:46

Plan: Atkins/Cad
Stats: 241/217.8/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

I just started this today. After a great start on my low carb diet last spring I let summer get the best of me and totally went off my diet. I am determined to see this through. My goal is to stay on the fast for a minimum of 2 weeks.

So far I have been feeling blah today. Not sure if its the diet or just a funky mood, but its 1 day down and hopefully tomorrow will be just as easy as today.
  #3366   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 03:29

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 162.8/158.4/140 Female 164cms
BF:
Progress: 19%

After you do the meat/egg diet for 5 days or so, how many carbs do you suggest a person should take daily. I would think upto 20grams but am not sure.
  #3367   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 10:10

Plan: Atkins OWL or abouts...
Stats: 195/188/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 23%

After your "FAST" you want to be really careful you don't up your carbs too fast to gain that weight right back. I would add them in 5 carb in crements. Until you get to 20, unless your weight loss stops before then, and then you might be like me where you have to eat less than 20 just to lose.

Be cautious though. I'm in the same boat as you as far as experimenting with the carbs I'm eating. And also only eating when i'm actually hungry....
  #3368   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 08:55

Stats: 305/212/175 Female 66 inches
BF:Back2DrawingBoard
Progress: 72%
Default Question

Could someone give me a little more information....I am trying to see if this WOE would help me get motivated in getting back on the wagon, after having a baby I am waaaay off track.

Lost 100plus on Atkins....still have some to loose.

WHat kind of meat can you eat? Is unsweet tea ok? coffee? How long can you safely stay on it?

Any help would be a appreciated!

Thanks-
  #3369   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 06:42

Stats: 406/258/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I'm toying with meat and eggs. I really do not want to give up my protein/fiber shakes though. I am doing meat and eggs with the shake this week, if it makes no difference, I will drop the shakes next week and see what happens.
  #3370   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 10:00

Plan: M&E
Stats: 199/147.5/120 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default i love this m&e

just try it
  #3371   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-07, 21:23

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 275/268/160 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Wow ... this works unbelievably well.

I started into induction on Jan 2 & as of today am down 10lbs total. The biggest drops have happened since switching into M & E on the 9th.

Very cool, especially since this was the 10 days before TOM
  #3372   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-07, 01:12

Stats: 242.2/236.3/187 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress: 11%

Jesus....am I HAPPY to have found this part of the forum. I LOVE meat and eggs but have been scared stupid about saturated fats etc etc.
I have not been a perfect person and have struggled with getting even the smallest of starts in my LC lifestyle.
Can some-one be kind enough to tell me whether I can do the M&E using chicken and fish as well as the eggs.
I will go and get myself some multi-vitamins to supplement due to non-intake of vegetables etc.
I have ordered some Atkins books from Bangkok and hope I can learn how to achieve my goals.
I must admit though that I am desperate to get a kick-start as nothing seems to be happening.
I await ANY advice with anticipation and thank CHRIST for this forum.

Warm regards.

Paulee
  #3373   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-07, 14:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 156.4/156.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default How many per day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenia
I've lost 21 pounds in 10 days on the egg fast. Eggs only, nothing else besides diet soda, no eating after 6. I do an hour of cardio a day and pilates every other day. I"m not hungry, and I lose 2 pounds a day consistently. It's a little punishing, but to me it's totally worth it.

Stats

Ht: 5' 9"; HW: 180; CW 159; GW 120

I realize this is an old thread, but still very captivating. How many eggs per day do you eat? Hope you're still around and can answer.
  #3374   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-07, 14:47

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitziAnne
I realize this is an old thread, but still very captivating. How many eggs per day do you eat? Hope you're still around and can answer.

If you check gardenia's profile, you'll see that she hasn't posted since April 13, 2005.
  #3375   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-07, 22:04
Registered Member

Stats: 190/190/135 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress:
Default ?

Can someone tell me y mayo may stall u? I have been eating strictly tuna and eggs and i feel GREAT! and i lost 6.5 lbs the first week!! But what about the mayo?? im using it in my tuna - i typically eat one can of tuna and 8-9 eggs a day! sounds grose but im lovin it!
Closed Thread