Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/148/133
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Figuring things out...

I am only figuring out how this site works and I have been looking at it for 2 days. I am on day 2 and don't feel so good - feel terribly bloated. I just hope this works.

I am on day 2 and so far today diet has been bacon & eggs for brekkie and cheese for lunch and black tea during the day.

I have a headache however I don't know if it from looking at this computer screen for the last 8 hours or my LC diet....I really want this to work - I just wish it would start now.

I am on the induction weeks and have not yet read the book (Atkins) beyond that. Hopefully it doesn't get too complicated.

I would love any advise from those who have completed the first 2 weeks successfully.......please. thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Good Luck!

Hi there...

I had a headache the first couple of days too..it will pass. Are you drinking all your water?? That is soooo important! I am on day 8 as of today..and it isnt the easiest thing to adjust your body too, but it works. Drink the water..and watch the caffeine too..I had to cut out my coffee and go decaf.

Laura
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:40
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

The headaches will pass, and It does work, I promise you that. You do need to drink plenty of water, I drink about 130 oz a day. So the more the water, the merrier you will be.

I recommend reading the entire book, there are lots of tips. Also, I recommend starting your own journal under My bootcam/my journal. You can record your food log, your struggles, or questions. You will get lots of advice and lots of encouragement.

Welcome to the LC way of life. Your going to love it!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:44
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Headaches

I had headaches as well. They were caused by carb withdrawal and as soon as your body adjusts they go away. But you have to drink 8-8oz of water at least or the headaches stay. (dehydration). Also you can get leg cramps if you don't.
I did... ouch!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:47
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thank you

Thanks for the response...I have read about the Journal I guess I need to start it - figure that out also.....New Year, New challenges... Yes, now that I think of it - I have had no water today at all or yesterday so that might explain the headache.

I really do want this to work though. So sick of the samll things - like the flab over my jeans or not enjoying going shopping, etc... I want the new me and this being my 29th year I am deteremined to be a fab looking 30 year old. Sad that I have waited this long really.

Thanks for the support - I suppose the Journal is self explanatory.....by the way - when people refer to intaking more calories does this mean eating more fat?

Miriam
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / PP
Stats: 255/245/200
BF:
Progress: 18%

You definately HAVE to drink the water. Also check to see if you are eating enough. You should have 10-12 times your weight in calories per day. Also by reading the book you can get a better understanding how all of these things are needed in order to be healthy and sucessful.

Good luck !!!

Carrie-Ann
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:10

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: Figuring things out...

Quote:
Originally posted by BurkeyB

I am on day 2 and so far today diet has been bacon & eggs for brekkie and cheese for lunch and black tea during the day.

Doesn't sound like you are eating NEARLY enough food to keep the headaches down.

10 to 12 times your body weight in calories a day. The headaches will pass, your body is currently detoxing.

I believe black tea has caffine in it and should be avoided during induction.

If you do the diet wrong, you won't stick with it and you will NOT lose the weight. There is far more to eat than bacon and eggs and cheese. Where are those veggies at?

This is a low carb diet, NOT a starvation one!

Eat more, increase the water and call us in the morning
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:
Default one more question....

When you say calories do you mean fat?
I will do as you say and report back tomorrow. It has been a long day. Will drink water now and go to the gym. and eat and eat...
thank you so much for your advise.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:26
OSU Cowboy Fan

not just fat, fat does add a lot of calories. I find that fat keeps me full, and I loose weight when I add more fat. Here is a typical menu for me:

Breakfast - 2 oz cream cheese mixed with 50/50 jam
Breakfast 2 - two boiled eggs mixed with two tbls mayo
Lunch 1 - chicken salad (3 oz chicken breast diced with onion
boiled egg, mayo)
Lunch 2 - tossed salad with blue cheese dressing 1 1/2 cup
Dinner - Protein Shake
Dinner 2 - 1/2 cup broccoli with butter

This is about 1600 calories, 93 grams of fat. I am aiming for 1900 calories a day, but having a hard time fitting them in but will continue to work on it. I cut down on fat one time and found myself hungry all the time, then I quit loosing weight. Once I increased my calories, started eating more meals a day, and added the fat back in I've started loosing again.

Hope this helps.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:49

BF:
Default Protein Shake

I am at school 2 nites a week and unfortunately I go from one campus to another with no time to come home. I have been packing a cooler with some things for dinner...but this is such a pain. What kind of protein shake do you use for dinner? How is the carb count on it?

Thanks,
Laura
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 12:54
OSU Cowboy Fan

I buy one called protein Diet, its is by Optimum Nutrition, I get it at GNC, it has 3 carbs per serving. Atkins also has a protein shake. There are also recipes in the forum for different "make it your own" protein shake, Natruska drinks her own quite often, I just find it simpler to buy it and blend it up. They also have canned protein shakes, but I find the ones in the blender with a little ice is tastier.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 15:19

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default water

drink tons of water !!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 15:23

BF:
Default Water

I usually manage to get my 64 down every day..and most of the time I do more. I find that drinking a ton of it while working out helps alot. I really haven't been wanting my diet soda like I used too...what a change!!

Laura