Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 04:35

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Wednesday, March 24

Got the day right, got the date right . . . GOOD MORNING!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 05:27

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

And we got the sneaker/steak thing solved too I have 4 chicken legs but didn't think I've posted 400 times.

Good morning all.

Bawdy, I don't think CALP is the answer for me-it's way too restrictive and I could never do it as an ongoing WOE. But I am excited for you and Wendy to try it. Whatever works, go with it.
I am planning to 'eat clean' when I get out of the hospital. I will try to eat"diabetic" if possible when I am in there but I have low carb meals that I made and froze and will see if I can use this time as a springboard to get back on track.I will be out of the office for 6 weeks so I want to take advantage of the time.

Today is running around doing last minute errands, laundry and last minute cleaning. Then tonight I have to do a special scrub in the shower and a Fleet enema (oh joy, oh rapture). Then it's no food after midnight (my doc said I can take my synthroid sublingually) and off to the hospital at5 :30 AM. They want me there by 6:30 as I am scheduled for 8:30 surgery.
How much fun can a grown woman have and not be arrested?

Hi Orang, good to have you back-and in one piece!!!

Elaine
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 05:37

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Got the day right, got the date right
just rub it in.....I better go to bed now
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 06:14

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning everyone

I usually work today but switched with the other office person and she works today and is off on Fri. So, I have all day Friday and get to play today. Wouldnt you know that it is calling for rain today and nice on Fri

Wendy and Bawdy-I read the CAD book last night. More questions in your journals.

Song-we went up the OR/WA coast once on a trip. We had a mini-van pulling a very small trailer and four little ones under 6. We didnt budget enough for gas and had to call mom in winnemuca, nv to wire us $50. for gas to get home on.
Now, I panic if we are on a trip and under 1/2 tank of gas. Have a fun trip!

Elaine-good luck with everything! Our thoughts will be with you

Will check in later,
Carrie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 06:32

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Wendy-

You dont have a journal

I wrote a note to Bawdy and you-it is posted in Bawdy's journal.

Carrie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 07:37
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Elaine- Dr Bernstein addresses hospital stays.. and how to give the dr and the hospital a letter so you can get the proper nutrition and care while in the hospital. Diabetic foods in the hospital are very high carb.. if you check that you want to be in control of your meals, etc.. you will be able to control what you eat while there. He even has a pre printed letter addressing your needs, etc that you could use/modify to suit you!

Gotta run...Hugs to everyone!

Dawn
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 07:40

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Thanks, Dawn. I did discuss the menu when I went for preadmission testing. I will be on liquids the first couple days and then I can choose my own foods, so I'll try and order double eggs, etc. I'm only going to be in for 2-3 days and will take a couple of protein bars with me
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 08:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

It's another beautiful morning here. I think my hubby has the day off. I always have a hard time getting things done around the house when he's home.

Elaine - good luck at the hospital. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Dawn - it sure is good to know that we have some rights in hospital stays now, like choosing our own menus.

Carrie - I remember some of the trips we took before we had credit cards. I know we came home with only a few bucks. Gosh we've been on trips where we were able to get gas when the station was closed because we had a credit card we could use on the pump. It sure makes traveling easier.

Unity - so am I going to be anywhere near you? You don't have to say if you don't want to, I'll understand.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 08:38

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Carrie, also check out my post "Thoughts on Day 3" in the CAD/CALP thread for different people's views on the whole bingeing/cheating notion.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:17

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning I felt like my eating was a bit out of control yesterday and I allowed myself to eat too much frankenfoods Totally my own fault for purchasing. I am going to try to limit myself to cereal for breakfast when I don't have time to cook. Actually a serving of cereal with the carb countdown milk (2%) is more protein than 2 eggs and ham. But the rest.....In the big freezer outside

Yesterday's menu:

B - 3/4 cup Keto honey nut flakes, 2/3 cup CCD milk, 3 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

L - 2 baked chicken thighs w/skin, 2 TBS SF ketchup, 2 cups mixed salad greens w/almond accents ceasar parmasan dressing, cyrstal light pink lemonade

S - before gym - 2 eggs smushed w/1 TSP light miricle whip, 1 slice cinnamon bread w/tsp butter (hangs head in shame )

Gym - 45 minutes elliptical machine

D - chicken quesdilla ( 2 lc mission tortillas, grilled chicken strips, sliced onion, montery Jack cheese), 2 TBS sour cream, 2 TBS salsa ( one strawberry dipped in whipped cream while cooking dinner)

Dessert 3 strawberries w/ whipped cream

Late night - 1/2 cup keto krispies, 1/2 cup CCD milk

Today will be a better day
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 11:13

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu was a bit high in all macro-nutrients except protein yesterday, but not awful. I'm not trying to keep calories too low for the next few days as my body is healing from the serious hiking. My legs are not sore today, but my back and arms are (from driving many, many miles of seriously twisted roads to get there and back)

Started watching my calorie per pound intake about a month ago to try to drop some weight for the hiking season - began at 177lbs. I made it - 172 lbs before hiking - still somewhat swollen today and teetering on the edge of ketosis. Weight is 177 lbs today (was 182 yesterday ) Calories per pound yesterday 1723 / 177 = 9.73 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5 for weight loss).

Total calories: 1723
Fat: 119 gms 1067 cal 63%
Sat: 31 gms 281 cal 17%
Poly: 21 gms 191 cal 11%
Mono: 57 gms 512 cal 30%
Carbs: 48 gms 135 cal 8% ECC: 34 gms
Fiber: 14 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 120 gms 480 cal 29%

Breakfast:
7.5 oz Salmon (was out of breakfast foods )
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
2 flax seed brownies (leftover trail food)

Dinner:
10 ozs chopped sirloin topped with colby jack and peppers and onions
2 cups caesar salad
.75 cup green beans

About 80 oz water & 30 ozs coffee
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 11:57

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
so am I going to be anywhere near you?
do you know where whatcom county is?

you know it is hard to lose weight and sleep at the sametime.....off to teach a class bye
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 13:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Wednesday

Several months ago when I first found this site it seems that there was a place where people could exchange no longer needed clothing. Does anyone else remember or know where it is? Or am I mistaken?
Hope everyone has a good day!
Kat
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 13:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Unity -hmm, Whatcom County, sounds familiar. It's way up north by the Canadian border? I bet it's gorgeous up where you live. I miss the green. I'm in a desert state, and it's not pretty, except for the mountains.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 16:40

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Ok, this is dumb but I'm going to jump in here even though I don't usually post.

I have been dying for something besides eggs and meat for breakfast, so today I made pancakes using French Vanilla Designer Whey and eggs. They actually turned out pretty good, right up until I decided to give them a dusting of splenda and cinnamon and use cumin instead! It was awful!! But I didn't have time to fix anything else, so I just choked it down.

Anyhow, I got my 39 grams of protein for breakfast. In fact, you guys were right. I am finding it really easy to keep the protein up and the carbs down. I can see and feel the difference in my body, even though the scale isn't moving yet.

ONE QUESTION: Since beginning lo carb in general (not just PP), I have noticed that I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep. This usually happens about 5 hours after I go to bed. Any ideas what is causing this? Sometimes it's no big deal, but this morning I was really tired again after waking at 3:00 and lying there until my alarm went off.