Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Cool "flatbutt"

Hi, All-

Before I go to bed, I just had to share this wonderful story with you. This morning at work, I was walking down the hall when a co-worker said. "ahey, Flat Butt, you need to buy some new pants!"

Well, at first i misunderstood her, and thought she said "flatfoot". Oh, well, she explained it and I thanked her for the great compliment. Then we chatted a bit about how your clothes don't fit right after losing weight, etc. and I explained that I wanted to wait to buy new pants until I lose the last 8 pounds. But, hey, the support was GREAT!!

So when I got home I told this story to my DH and my 20-yr-old daughter, who both did notice that my pants are indeed baggy in the back. So now DH is calling me "flat butt", and this from a man who hardly notices anything normally-WOW!

So, keep up the good work out there-I LOVE the way this low-carb WOL re-shapes your body. Please note that this is DH's birthday, and he brought me roses and cooked lobster for dinner!

Gail, I'd love to hear from you-
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:17

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Kind of a weird compliment, but a compliment just the same! Just think of how everyone will react once you DO get new clothes! One of my girlfriends at work lost 60 lbs, and no one could really tell until she started wearing newer clothes that fit her new body. She looks great, too!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!! Good luck on the last 8 to go!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 06:23
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%
Talking

LOL, its a lot better than being called "fat butt" !
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 11:17
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hey Jan! Good Job...Flat Butt...ok, I'll take that. How much more do you have to go until you lose the 8lbs? I'm going to your journal now, Hi Jamie, I was just thinking about you this morning.

Just realized you don't have a journal...come visit mine (or even my gym log) I've emailed you...

Gail

Last edited by gkeenan : Sat, Apr-05-03 at 11:18.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 17:53

BF:
Smile

Today I went out and bought new jeans-I'm very thrilled with them and feel quite transformed. I'm aiming for May 2 or theraround to get as close as possible to goal weight-my oldest daughter is graduating from grad school, and I'm looking forward to wearing smaller duds and surprising everyone with my new shape...
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 19:05

BF:

Hey Jannie, I just had to come back to this thread. I put on some capris that I have (well, for how short I am they are more like waders going nearly to my ankles). Anyway, I've noticed how much looser they fit. I looked at my behind in the mirror and they are really baggy in the butt! I've got a flat-butt too in these pants I'm kinda torn because I really like these pants and hate that they don't fit and look funny now. However, I am *more* estactic that they *don't* fit anymore
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 15:51

BF:
Default Update on capris

I've put the capris in my "can't wear anymore cos they're too big 'n' baggy" pile. Nice that it's ever-growing I had to get a replacement for them because they are patterned capris and I wear a certain shirt with them. I bought some size 12 patterned capris to replace them. The other capris are a size 14. I LOVE ATKINS!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 19:39

BF:
Talking Jamie

Hey, hey, hey!! I love atkins, too-