Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2116   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 06:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Challenge day 2 - TUE- Anyone doing it?
BLUE- Can you send me the VAP link as well. Do you have an idea how much out of pocket the test is? Is it better than the calcium test on the heart walls? I loved the link you sent about statins- It sealed it up for me.
OMG- Steps! I remember however I was in the best shape of my life when I lived on the 4th floor top - no elevator! Thinking back on it- it was a huge thing that kept me fit. Dog out 4-5 time a day, sclepping groceries up the steps, up and down to come and go. There were 99 steps- I counted once. So I really got my work out in just by taking the steps everyday! That was 5 years ago. I could not do it now!!!!!!- I feel ya! WHO PAINTS steps red????
I can't wait to hear about your plans for LC!!!!!!!!

Lori- I agree with BLUE regarding statins. However we all need to be comfortable in what we decide what to do or not do with our own bodies.
Glad to hear your arm is getting back to status quo!!!!
How is your WOE going?

TRIG- have you left yet? I thought you were leaving on the 8th? At any rate you are prepping of that I am sure!!!!!!! I'm telling ya I could sure use a VACAY about now! I know you will have a great time!!!! -
How is your WOE of late?

NIC- - I know you are a busy one with the family home! Your endless dirty cups cracked me up. solution= The red plastic ones!!!!
I know not the best answer. I hear ya one that one! When my son come to visit- I swear he is moving in! You are right the sheer amount of STUFF is off the chain!
How are YOU doing on your WOE lately?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Woe for me is going really very well!!!!!- I am LOVING my air fryer. Why I waited so long is a mystery! For a single person or a couple it is fabulous. For a family- not so much. But for me it is perfect.

The thing about them is the basket. You want a big "bottom" basket rather than a tall basket. Due to the fact food cooks and there needs to be a little air between stuff - stacking doesn't work well.
So far hands down wings and chicken strips are the best! I have also done shrimp and tuna in it and have been pleased. I also use it to warm up left overs and it has been great. It also keeps me from using my oven and heating up the entire house in 90 degree heat! I LOVE that!
Granted- it is one more appliance I needed to find room for. The nice part, it's light weight and easy to clean and put away. Unlike the IPOT which is huge and bulky! But they are different uses! Happy overall - and the price was RIGHT!!!

My neighbor stopped over last night with her sister and they proceeded to have a fight in my living room. I had to politely ask them to take it home I had work to do!!!!- URGHHHH- How uncomfortable!!!!-

Then I got a call from MY mother...... again, boundaries boundaries boundaries. I almost hung up on her, well I sorta did. I said I am not having this conversation with you. It is too bad you feel you can yell at me, just because I don't share your same opinion. Mothers....insert head shaking here........

I am also dreading the holidays already this year. Both my kids are refusing to see her this year. Last year was bad..... remember I left at 1AM because her husband started screaming at me?
I am stuck in the middle and hate it. I want to spend time with my kids, yet feel a bit guilty because my mom will be alone. But I get it why they don't want to hang with her. They do not put up with her tantrums. Boy oh boy.

So I accepted an invite to my daughters for Christmas Day. My son is coming in Christmas Eve. I have not mentioned this- as she figures I will be there like I have been for the last 10 years. That will be another day!
Dang I just had to bite that out.

Despite- the battles I seem to be in (work) (work) Family circus- I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!
No really I feel good!!!!!- Sleeping well, and eating my OMAD and sticking to it. I am picking my protein high end, and a side green something IF I want it. Yesterday, was wings and wine! And that was that!

Today I have 2 chicken breast I am going to marinate in a Jamaican Jerk rub and then might grill it. I also have some slaw to make before it goes bad.
Got some "dancing"in for about 10 minutes last night using some arm weights. I also dug out my arm bands and intend to start using those as well! Even that 10 minutes left me breathless! - Gotta start somewhere!

Have a great day all- light day for me and I LOVE IT. My boss not so much......
Sponsored Links
  #2117   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 06:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Love that you have a family that shows up for stuff.. even people flying in for a house warming. That is amazing and makes me happy!

Glad you had fun at the art fair. Our county fair is here (completely different thing) and we'll go on Saturday for a bit.

Sweetest thing ever to imagine you on your butt in the stairwell helping sweet doggo up and down the steps. You're such a good pup momma!

Jaz- Can't believe it is already back to school time in GA. So early! We've still got several weeks to go.

You are very good about setting boundaries and I know you have had to learn to be. Your Mom is not alone btw, she has her husband. You can offer her time before or after the holiday that she can choose if she would like.

Lori- seems like the idea to retest but that he is not going to push statins isn't a bad compromise. Glad you are having more range of motion all the time!

Ed- I'm a strong believer in each person choosing what suits them best and not only that, but modifying their plan as they see fit at any time. Good on you. And congrats on the running going so well!

Trig- If you are on your trip, I hope you are having fun. If not, I hope things are well and you are getting ready!

•••••••

So I have fallen headlong into that series on Acorn that Blue recommended a while back. I heard about it again recently from someone else, checked it out and then suddenly had watched 9 episodes over the past two days which is a whole lot of butt sitting! It *is* good!

Jaz, you asked about what more I need to do for certification.. off the top of my head, I have to create an extensive resources list, read 12 books, write an essay, have three evaluated experiences, have a meeting with someone in the birth field and then there's some more I'm not even thinking of. Plus I need to get the website and social media stuff up and running, figure out how to market myself and to what degree/expense I want to do that etc. Definitely enough to keep me busy!

Went out to dinner with the two DSs and SoIL last night. DD is at Penn State this week at a class for her Masters. Tonight I'm making wings and ton of them since there will be four of us and the guys love them so much. I am hoping I can get away with making 40.

Also helping the boys create lists of what needs to happen- for DS20 what needs to be done over the next 9 days for him to be ready to go: haircut, shopping, info for cell phone, pay his lease etc. For DS17, things like email your coach, apply for a couple of jobs, choose summer reading, start college apps. Just things he can check off over the next three weeks before schools starts. If I can get them going independently that will make it easier on me!

Guess that is about it from here. On plan mostly but not 100%.
  #2118   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 08:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Home from yoga and doing a load of laundry. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from the gym, so that's over for the day. Seems like I'm there almost daily!

Yoga went well, but arm still grouchy about the overhead moves. Have to be patient.

I'm researching the Feldman Protocol to use 3 days before my next blood test. It is really high fat. The theory is that if you eat extra fat your liver won't release stored fat for energy that will be circulating in your blood when you have your test. Who knows. My luck it will backfire on me and my numbers will be higher than ever. I also watched a YouTube video about LDL that was very interesting. I think the Dr's name was Paul Mason. I'm still researching...I have 6 months till my next test.

Greg....congrats on your fastest mile! That is fantastic! What did the Dr. suggest to correct your anemia? Increase protein? I know liver is often suggested....if you like it.

Nic....all the things you have to do for your certification makes my head spin! I know you are up for it and I admire you.

Blue....thanks for the email links. I'm looking at any and all info I can find. So glad your elevator snafu was corrected quickly.

Jaz.....ah yes, families and holidays..a volatile mix. Hope your mother will understand that your kids come first.

I'm tempted to get an air fryer, but have no counter space to put it. I guess it might replace the toaster oven? I have a big one of those and I use it often. My electric pressure cooker and food processor both sit on top of my fridge mocking me....haven't touched them in forever except to move them to clean.

Well, I am pooped from that yoga workout. I go to the Chiro at 4 this afternoon, but think I'll take it easy till then.

Later!
  #2119   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 18:12

BF:

Lori- Thumbs up on the FRYER- perfect for two!!!!!!!!! - I would recommend and I hate the "one more thing on my counter. "- The one I got was from Walmart for 59.00, or was it 69?..... Under 70 bucks- I use mine 2-3 times a week! I love the taste it gives.

all good here- NO DRAMA TODAY- nice and easy............

Till tomorrow-
110 ON PLAN- crack slaw it was delish- OMAD
  #2120   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-19, 06:04

BF:

Good Wed Challenge day 3 - How are ya doing?

My tummy hurts this morning again. I think it, I know it's stress. I have stress induced IBS and tummy ache the same way a kid feels that doesn't want to go to school. I have always been this way. The silver lining as BLUE loves that line- no constipation here!!!!!! Colon cleanse every morning! I know TMI TMI TMI -

Add that to the Bullet Coffee and - boom flat tummy!!!!! I will say though that the Bullet Coffee keeps it super easy to do OMAD. Super easy. Yesterday I had gone 26 hours before I even started thinking about "what to eat"- I seriously was not hungry. Today I will have the left over crack slaw and drop an egg into it. Done.

I am so ready for the weekend! Today is a super busy day. I have 2 meetings and 3 patients to see and several hours of driving! Full day!

TRIG- TAKE ME WITH YOU TO THE BEACH!!!!!!- I promise to just sit in the chair outta the way, suck down rum drinks and sleep beach side!!!!!!
Seriously- safe travels and have a great time!!!!!

Everyone- I will be back later! I have to put my "face on" and go!!!

BLUE- I keep meaning to tell you: So the book you read, what was it? - The Beltway- a HORRIBLE not glamouras trail and bike routs. All the homeless sleep on it and it is very dangerous. It is on the WEST side of Atlanta in the "hood" and is not safe, anyway shape or form. Plus it is about an hour or more from me. You will NEVER find me on the Beltway. It would be interesting though to know what you read!

Well all I am in read hot hurry! - Always running - not literally, that would be Lori and Greg! -

Back later
  #2121   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-19, 07:22

BF:

Good Morning!

I've had a busy morning! I was browsing Facebook this morning and saw a recipe for low carb Taco Pie. It sounded so darn good that I had to run to the grocery store and grab the ingredients. I have it in the oven as we speak! I got sour cream and guacamole to put on top...I think I will be in heaven when I have it for brunch. Haven't broken my fast yet....waiting on my taco pie! I'll let you know how it tastes. How bad could it be?

I had a great night's sleep despite there being a rather nasty T-storm sometime during the night. I remember hearing some close cracks of thunder & lightening, but it passed quickly and I was back in la la land. Off for a massage today at 11:30.

DH went to our daughter's to help her with some yard work. Since she put in the pool, there are areas of her yard that need reseeding and leveling off. I think DH's brother may meet him there to help out.

Jaz.....how do you make your bullet coffee? There are so many ways to make it....just curious.

Wishing you all a good day. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for my Taco pie to be finished!

EDITED TO ADD: Taco pie was very good...just needs a bit more heat(spice). I'll sprinkle it with chili powder or red pepper flakes when I warm it up again. Also had a spoonful of a "dessert" I made yesterday. It is basically butter, cream cheese, vanilla, swerve and some stevia. The recipe also called for Lilly's choc chips, but could not find any. The recipe can be found if you Google "Keto Connect cookie dough recipe". It is yummy!

Oh! Also broke down and ordered an air fryer. I'll replace my old, old toaster oven.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Aug-07-19 at 08:30.
  #2122   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-19, 16:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Have you taken off already? W/out saying good bye to us?

Nic---I am both happy and envious that you are just beginning the wonderful journey that is "A Place Called Home." Yes, it is addictive. Even my hubby who was sure it was going to be too chick for him got totally drawn in. I was sad when it ended, even though it was 6 seasons! I can honestly say I loved every season. Something so calming about watching that show, even though it has plenty of drama and conflict. I liked how the characters continued to evolve and grow.

Lori---All in all it really does sound like your shoulder is getting better and better, even if it gets "grouchy" now and then. That's a long way from where you were a couple of months ago when so many movements caused you pain. Was reading an article the other day about how hard shoulder injuries can be to get healed, even when the scans and x-rays say the bone has healed. Won't share that article w/you, just suffice to say you are well ahead of the game compared to others.

Jaz---The book I read that is set in Atlanta is called "The Marriage Lie", just a summer beach read. Nothing great, but fine for these lazy hazy days of summer. Interesting premise, decent if not fab writing. But these kind of books are all about the story not the prose. Good enough, if you can get over the fact that the main character is a psychologist who manages not to know her husband at all for 7 years. Ha, must suspend belief. She sure made it sound like the belt line path was fab and much used. Maybe it's an old book---got it because it was available from the library, while I wait for the ones on hold I really want to read.

steadyed---your handle certainly seems to suit you. I like that you're pulling back a bit and giving yourself time to both reach your goals and not drive yourself crazy. In fact, you might be surprised at how well you do when you're not so avidly "watching the pot and waiting for it to boil."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good week for me on plan.

My latest (and boy, this thing is always changing isn't it?) is that I've been hungry for food I love. Not happy w/good enough lately. Plus, I have been in a lazy mode and don't feel like making a thing. What to do?

Well, I've been exploring LC take out options, LC Happy Hour options, LC cheap restaurant options.

I found a place where I can get a carry out Greek salad w/gyros meat on top---just DELISH---for $15. It is HUGE. I eat half for lunch and half for dinner. Found two happy hour places to drag pals too that serve EXCELLENT mussels in two different broths, $8. Found another place that serves HH deviled eggs and a yummy Lemon, onion and hearts of palm salad. Each, $8. Found a diner right down the road from us that serves breakfast all day. The biggest and best omelette, $9. Again, I eat half and bring the other half home for later, and it heats up surprisingly well.

No, can't do this forever, but right now I need LC AND super tasty. Sometimes OK LC is OK for me. Not right now. It's winnow and sift, winnow and sift. Every couple of weeks it seems something changes for me.

Today is my first OMAD in almost 2 weeks, where as it seems it was just yesterday that I did it for over a week and it worked so great. Then it didn't.

Just gotta keep bobbing and weaving. Haven't come near the scale, not in the mood. BUT, what I DO feel this week, is more toned from my pool work outs. Haven't been paying much attention to that, just doing it and enjoying all the painless movement. The other day I happened to look at my arms and legs while laying in bed---haha, don't ask---and I was kind of amazed because things have tightened up. SIGH, don't know what I'm going to do when the pool closes, but I'll think about then.
  #2123   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 04:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

hey guys sorry for being MIA

just so much to do before we left

leaving in about an hour

see ya'll in about 8-9 days

bringing laptop so I might check in with you guys but I am going to have a lot of fun on this trip and be busy since it is my last good trip of the year

everyone be good check in later K
  #2124   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 05:44

BF:

SAFE travels TRIG-
Putting down my dot....... Back this evening, running late!

LORI- I MUST hear about that Taco pie!!!!!!- DETAILS!!!!!

HELLO- BLUE/ NIC-

Back in a bit!
  #2125   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 06:49

BF:

Hello! Happy Thursday! I had to look and see what day it was. I didn't have a clue!

Jaz- sorry your tummy has been acting up. Stress can definitely do that- I tend to react that way as well.

I was a little surprised with your comments about the Beltline in Atlanta. I had heard good things about it.. it goes along Piedmont Park and Ponce City market etc. I haven't heard it was unsafe or in a crappy area.

Lori- How was the taco pie? Aaaaand I just saw your edit. Was it one of those things where you have meat and then a cream and cheese type topping over it? I like to make fathead dough and then put taco meat in it like an empanada. Tacos is one of the foods on my son's request list before he goes abroad. I hope you like your air fryer!

Blue- I read The Marriage Lie. There is definitely an excellent time and place for light reading like that. It is, for me, a great counterbalance when I am needing something more chill.. which seems to be frequently these days!

I just finished a book called "The Boy in the Photo" and now I am reading a book of short stories by Curtis Sittenfeld. This is interspersed with watching A Place to Call Home (I'm midway through Season two) and reading Certification books. I am really liking the show but every now and again I wish for one or two episodes where they are just NICE to each other. My DH always laughs at me when I moan about things like that.. he says there would be no story if they were just all hanging out being nice and I know he is right. I just get so bummed out when people don't just get to be HAPPY for a while!

DH is hooked (and about to finish) the short series "Blown Away" on Netflix which is GREAT. I highly recommend. Only about ten episodes, each about a half hour.

I think having LC options and grabbing delicious, inexpensive and satisfying food is a great plan for now or however long. Good for you!

Trig- Have a great trip!

•••••••

Up and showered this morning. Doing a CASA daycare visit in about an hour, then hoping to stop by and see a Bestie who had emergency gallbladder surgery a couple of days ago, if she feels up to it.

Still getting stuff done for DS20- he leaves a week from today.. contacts are ordered, laundry is washed and ready for packing etc. It is really hitting me how long and how far he be gone. It's all good though- he has a wonderful sense of adventure and honestly he picked a great country to go to (Amsterdam) because there is an incredibly high rate of English spoken there. I know he and his GF have planned to go to SO many places while they are there. I will have to get him to share his list with me so I can share it with you all.

DS17 is moseying along in his way. I am trying to stay chill.. his way is not my way, necessarily. I would take one day and knock out all the applications and be done, just to not have it over my head. He considers the fact that he should get started at some point in the near to distant future.. lol As of yet, though, no conflict about it. I want it done before the start of school so that is a couple of weeks yet.

DS20's food list: Tacos, meatloaf and roasted new potatoes, tortellini carbonara. I bought what is needed to make those for him before he goes.

On and off plan.
  #2126   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 09:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Have fun Trig!! Talk soon!

Had a good, tough Yoga session this morning. WOW....talk about working up a sweat! Whew! It always feels so good once it's done. While I'm doing it, I'm questioning my sanity. I heard some creaking & cracking in my bad shoulder toward the end of class....that's a good thing. It is scar tissue/adhesions breaking up.

I'm not doing much today. I came home from Yoga, cleaned the hummingbird feeder & then hit the shower. I was starving, but needed the shower worse than food. I had some of my Taco pie and also some of the "cookie dough" OMG.....so good! I'll list recipes below.

Jaz....not sure if you're able to do heavy cream or not, but the taco pie has it. I know some people with lactose problems are able to do heavy cream...hope that's you!

Nic.....if it weren't for Yoga, I would often not know what day it is! I have to keep track a bit so I know when Tuesdays and Thursdays are!

Blue....how awesome to be scouting out some LC restaurant options. They all sound so, so good! I also love a place that has scallops wrapped in bacon...yum!

Ok....here are the recipes I referenced above. I'm going to write them on permanent recipe cards rather than just a scrap of paper...that's how good they are.

Crustless Taco Pie

Oven ~ 350
Grease pie pan(I used an 8" square glass dish)

1 lb Ground beef, browned and drained(if needed)
1 packet Taco seasoning
3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
1/4 c. salsa(I used fresh, but bottled would be fine)
1 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese
4 Lg. Eggs
2/3 c. Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp. salt

Brown beef and then sprinkle with seasoning packet, set aside

Whisk eggs & heavy cream together, stir in onions, salsa, salt & 3/4 c. of the shredded cheese. Stir in browned beef with seasonings. Pour into greased pan.

Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.

Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, until nicely browned.
-------

Cookie Dough Fat Bomb

8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
8 TB Butter, softened
1/4 c. Erythritol(I used granulated Swerve)
1/2 c. Almond Flour
25 drops liquid Stevia...I think 10-15 drops are enough
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/4 c. Lilly's chocolate chips if desired

Combine Cream Cheese & Butter with mixer, add in all other ingredients(besides chips)Mix well. Stir in chips. Refrigerate for at least one hour.

You can portion it out, but I just have it in a bowl in the fridge and I scoop some out when I want it. Delish! I think it will keep me from going on an ice cream binge!

Later!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Aug-08-19 at 12:51.
  #2127   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 12:38

BF:

Lori, thank you for sharing those recipes. They sound great!
  #2128   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 18:16

BF:

LORI- Those sound SO good! I will try it but sub coconut cream for heavy cream. Did you LOVE IT??????- Sounds really amazing!

How are you feeling these days?!?!?!?- Think of you often about your arm!

NIC-- Ya know my friend I can just see you with one eyebrow up on the youngest!!!!! HAHAHAHAH- it just is....
I have such a funny story. So I had a friend back in the day that was preggo at the same time I was with first baby. We both delivered beautiful boys. We were like besties back in the day....Then we got preggo same time again, I had a girl, she had another boy.
I loved her but she was always one step up from me (so I felt). She was the home school mom, I was the public school. She was fresh faced and free, I worked and raised kids, she was married to a doctor, I was married to a free loader. But hey, we were friends.

Her house was always clean, I dusted before people showed up and flushed the toilet. She had perfect kids, mine were free and loud and fun. She was always telling me how I should be better, discipline more , etc ect, then- fate! She had a third child. Another boy- he was a WILD child and to this day still is! She stopped talking about my kids and that was the end of telling me I just needed more discipline!!!!! - - That 3 kid I have alway seen and heard is the one!!!!!!!!!!-

that being said- they are usually more creative and artsy and the life of a crowd! They do very well as adults. challenging for parents!

The side story is - my friend ended up divorced as well- after giving me a lecture and dumping me when I got divorced. But her husband left her for a young RN at the hospital. HUmmmmmmmmm.....
Fate, Karma, call it what you will.......
I don't know how I got on that tangent- 3nd child I guess! - Hang in there- he will be OK!!!!!

Trig- safe travels!!!!Your already missed

BLue- I loved your post. I hate to think of your pool closing! It was rough for me - but we keep our pools open most of the year except Nov, Dec, Jan Feb, then open - starts getting warm.....

Is your pouch screened in? I really want a screen in patio porch 3 season room. Do you have a work out room?

Hi GREG-
---------------------------------------------------
today was a beautiful day.I had 3 patients on my list and I only saw 2- which was fine because the drive for each was an hour each way.
The ones I saw though were ones I have seen before and they were WAITING for me! With hugs and so glad I was there. I gave my heart a boost!
I also got an unsuspected surprise from my doctor medical director friend who I got an email from who said she thought it got pushed through this time a job just for me!
She said she has been pushing HARD for the last several weeks knowing I am losing and doesn't want to lose me.

She told me again to just wait it out a few weeks and she should have a real answer. ANSWER to prayer!

WOE- I have been doing AMAZING with the real deal. But my fantasy life in my head is off the chain right now.
I have not strayed- not a bit. But for some reason I am struggling so big with the want of,,,,,,,,,,,,, MAC and Cheese - not boxed.THe real deal. I am fantasizing about it. It is absurd! I just can't get it off the brain. It's like the lover who I can't have. Yea
You foodies know what I mean...........

It is a real struggle- yet I know like the forbidden lover. If you indulge it is never as good as the fantasy, and then comes regret and BLOAT- no thank you.
WOW oh wow did I go THERE !!!!!!!???????-

I am actually losing a couple pounds- and that is keeping me off the cheese train!!!!!I will keep it off before I talk about it- you know the bounce house.

I really want to get my body back and get out of this fat suit. I don't belong here.
It welcome- patience grass hopper. !!!!!

Ok- I am going to relax with a pup and Netflix-
Almost done with this one.
SUGGESTIONS????????

Love you all- I so need this group!!!!
  #2129   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-19, 05:11

BF:

Happy Friday TGIF TGIF TGIF- Nic today is FRIDAY!!!!!!! HAHAHA
Well I went to bed early and the craving has past- and another day down and on plan!

I will tell you - I can still get hit with visuals. I do like watching the Food network, but sometimes I do have to turn the channel to HGTV, or god forbid the WEATHER channel!!!! It's safe at the WEATHER channel!!!!! ROFL.
Yea........ they did one entire show on Mac and cheese. I stared at it like a dog watching a bone. The only thing I didn't do was whine and beg. Well in my head I did.
And I survived it!!!!!!
Funny if that same show were to come on right not- I would not think about it at all. Just goes to show when you are tired and slightly hungry is a DANGER ZONE.

I am so not hungry and can tell I am in Ketosis and it feels GREAT physically. I can tell. You body "feels" different. Hard to describe. But I also cheated and peed on a stick. Plus your "pee" has a smell - like a fat burning machine!

Lori- - You ask about how I make my coffee. Well I stick to the REAL DEAL BULLET coffee. As the recipe states. I am going to find some organic beans to grind myself.
But here it is
High quality coffee beans- you grind
MCT oil- I use about a table spoon
pat of Grass-fed Kerry Gold unsalted butter
Splash of coconut milk (I added this)
Put in Blender- Blending breaks apart the oil and whips the butter and breaks up the particles and it goes directly to your liver to stats your body burning fat- then it dips into YOUR fat within 30 minutes.

The secrete is the MCT oil. According to the studies, coffee alone doesn't work as well. Its the oil. It goes directly to the liver and puts one into Ketosis from that first cup until you eat. PLUS it keeps the hungry at bay so one can fast a bit longer. The study shows it works even if you have a few carbs still from the day before. It gives an edge. I will take it!!!! -

At first I didn't want to ADD extra calories to my diet. BUT - I am a week in and I HAVE dropped 4 pounds. I have not done anything different EXPECT add Bullet coffee to my diet. I SWEAR my belly looks flatter.

Now I will tell you I have complained of IBS this week- but it truly is not the coffee- it's work related. I have always internalized stress that way. Other that that little "issue"- I do FEEL really good.

I also thank you for sharing your meat pie recipe - it sounds really good!
OH not done- I CAN'T wait for you to try your air fryer!!!!!!- You Tube recipes!!!!!- You will be excited! People are making all kinds of Keto friendly recipes. I have done Wings (the very best) chicken breast, tuna steak, and meatballs in it, oh and I use it to heat up ribs!!!! I also You Tubed it to get it down!!!!!- have fun and it so SO easy to clean up from! Can't wait to hear what you make.

NIC- speaking of recipes, I know several years ago you were really into making your sugar free ice cream that help you get over your sweet tooth. I haven't heard you have made it recently.

You still have a full house????-
How is your website coming?

Blue- You are a busy lady! How is everything? You stated in your last post you are considering a different way to work your WOE- I am all ears! HAHAAH
BTW- I think you would USE and love an Air fryer! - get on board!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Busy day - hitting the ground running - I won't be done until about 430.Then starts my weekend!!!!!!!- Whew! what a week!

Ok- back later
  #2130   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-19, 07:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....thanks for telling me how you make your bullet proof coffee. I see some people putting like 3 TB of butter in it.....can't imagine that much. Like you, I use about a pat of butter, heavy cream and sometimes MCT oil. I froth it up with a milk frother....very handy and no messing with a blender. Do you have that for breakfast? So, you have that and then no solid food until dinner? Congrats on the 4 lbs down!

My air fryer comes today! I'm replacing my old toaster oven. I'm a bit nervous about how you know how long to do stuff. I don't want to cook ashes! I guess it will be a bit of trial and error and watching videos and reading recipes.

Well, I have to run. Chiro appt at 9:30. My arm is doing much better and the treatments don't hurt as badly as at first.

Be back later!
Closed Thread