Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-09, 20:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 123.6/124/115 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: -5%
Default Walden Farms- Good or Bad?

I am looking for opinions on Walden Farms. Is it causing stalls? Is it knocking you out of ketosis? Just curious. Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-09, 15:34

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

What is it?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-09, 18:05

Stats: 193/143/135 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 86%

They make sugar free products like BBQ sauce, catsup, salad dressings, fruit spreads and syrup. And considering, they are all pretty good. They also get good reviews on Netrition.com (which is where I buy most of my LC products). I use the Walden Farms faux maple syrup sometimes on sausage links or patties. It tastes good, but I cannot advise if it effects weight loss for me.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-09, 20:19

Stats: 123.6/124/115 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: -5%

So far after eating it mixed with peanut butter, I remain in ketosis. It seems to good to be true!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-09, 22:14

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Have you read the ingredient lists on that stuff? It's as fake as engineered food gets. I'd be concerned about the long term health consequences. Nobody knows what the ramifications of eating that stuff is. And because there is such a long list of synthetic ingredients, you increase your risk that much more.

We did not evolve eating those things and our bodies are not adapted for it. Putting it differently, God didn't make that stuff and he didn't design your body to consume it.

Most of us are here because we've developed insulin resistance. I don't want to add to my list of problems.

Just my opinion.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 07:38

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

Only thing from them I like is the syrup - no sugar alcohols. Everything else tastes bland or just gross. Their products never stalled me.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 07:54
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I thought the syrup was ok but only from the standpoint of 'I can't eat maple syrup so anything is better than nothing'. But nowdays grocery stores have sugarfree syrups from regular syrup makers that I think taste better. This is a suuuuuuuuper rare food in our house because it's pure crap. I never stalled while rarely eating it. I've stalled while not eating it. So I guess I've no feedback on that point.

PJ

Last edited by rightnow : Mon, Mar-23-09 at 08:00.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 07:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/215/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

takes some getting use to. I will say that the flavor is offputting. For it to taste that bad there can not be too many bad things in it.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 12:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/253.5/168 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I have to tell ya, the spicy bbq sauce is not bad on pork or used as a dip for steak, It doesnt stall me but I dont use it that much...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 12:34

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

I've tried their raspberry vinegrette salad dressing, 0 carbs. It's no bad, but I prefer the Maple Groves Farms rasp vin. better. Yes, it has 1 gram of carbs, but I'm willing to sacrifice 1 for the better flavor.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 20:17

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

foul stuff....
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-09, 05:54

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%

I've used their chocolate syrup and peanut butter spread. First of all the stuff taste foul by themselves. I mixed the chocolate syrup in my carbquick when making 1 min microwave cake made it moist and I mix the peanutbutter spread in my hc with splenda. That's the only way I can eat them but never noticed any kind of stall. I do not plan on buying them again though.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-09, 08:13

Plan: Low Carb, IF
Stats: 160/141/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%

I also like the syrup and the chocolate dip or sauce mixed with some whipped cream (no funny aftertase when it's mixed) and splenda. Sometimes I find I get a bottle of syrup that has a plastic-y taste to it though...the only reason I like it is no SA which in other products, DISTROY my body.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 12:13
I’m Delicious

Plan: It's a secret..shhh
Stats: 255/193/175 Female 5'7
BF:Beef Flavored?
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Have you read the ingredient lists on that stuff? It's as fake as engineered food gets. I'd be concerned about the long term health consequences. Nobody knows what the ramifications of eating that stuff is. And because there is such a long list of synthetic ingredients, you increase your risk that much more.

We did not evolve eating those things and our bodies are not adapted for it. Putting it differently, God didn't make that stuff and he didn't design your body to consume it.

Most of us are here because we've developed insulin resistance. I don't want to add to my list of problems.

Just my opinion.

Here here!! All A/S give me insulin spikes..which cause carb cravings and bad B/G readings. Eating the foods that we were intended to eat just leads to good health. I don't eat any processed foods.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 07:35

Stats: 240/230/148 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

The ketchup is pretty foul. The ingredient list shows apple cider vinegar, which I don't think I'm supposed to have in Induction, and you can really taste it! I put it on my meatloaf, as a shortcut instead of making the ketchup recipe I found in Dr. Atkins' cookbook, and really regretted it. It didn't cause a stall for me though.