Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1306   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 12:59

Plan: LC/LF + weights & cardio
Stats: 158.0/138.8/135.0 Female 5'7 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

WOW!!!!!

"Shepherd concerns herself with her carefully formulated diet -- 1,700 calories a day, mostly comprised of boiled egg whites, chicken, vegetables and a liquid egg white drink."

(Huh, that's weird- I don't see a lot of cheese, nuts, peanut butter or fat in there)....
Sponsored Links
  #1307   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 14:22

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:

(Huh, that's weird- I don't see a lot of cheese, nuts, peanut butter or fat in there)....

Huh....that is weird.
  #1308   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 14:30

BF:

OMG, I came back in here to delete that, but you already saw it!

I felt bad because I was only teasing you, but it sounded kind of harsh in retrospect...
  #1309   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 14:54

BF:

LOL....no problem. I know you're just trying to help me. I never take what you say any other way.
  #1310   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 15:23
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

WOW!! She is absolutely beautiful... and an amazing woman!!! You would never know she is 73... incredible! This gives me MUCH hope!! Thanks for posting.. I will check out the link!

P.S. you're amazing yourself.. as always!

(in regards to the 73 y/o body builder.. lol)

Cath
  #1311   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-10, 16:42

Plan: Lean protein-veggies
Stats: 150/112.2/115 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 108%

Hi ladies!!!

Just wanted to say hello!!! I am going to take my progress pics now...
  #1312   ^
Old Sat, May-01-10, 05:42

BF:

Thanks Cathy! You are always so kind and encouraging.

Any, can't wait to see your progress pictures. I PLAN to take mine tomorrow.
  #1313   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 14:19

BF:
Default Can't help yourself?

Can’t help yourself?….

Pauline Nordin | Pauline's Ramble... | Thursday, 13 May 2010
Few excuses sting more in my eyes than the common “I can’t help myself”. What do you mean by “you cannot help yourself”, you are some kind of toddler who does not know the hand gets burned when you put it on the hot stove? Did you stop maturing mentally at 3 years old? If the mind is weak then go strengthen it! That’s what we do with our muscles so do it with your power engine inside your skull too. You are nothing without a strong mind. You fall victim for your own lame incapacity of adhering to your own plan of action.

You know why it feels so damn good to be in shape? Because it shows you’ve got it all under control. You are the boss of YOU. Think about it, when it comes to getting buff and cut, the only one stopping you is YOU. So if you never get any results… well, it’s because of YOU.

Setting goals and achieving them one after another becomes PROOF that you are in charge. It’s attractive. It’s what everyone wants. Everyone wants to be attractive and successful.

A lot of people email me and say they would look just like me if they had time to go to the gym two times a day. I can only say “great!” because I know it’s all talk. People forget it’s not just training. It’s a lifestyle where EVERY choice you make with diet and exercise will either generate results or hold you back. So, when you see someone who “has it all”, you are watching someone with a strong mind who consciously chooses the right choices.

People love sabotaging for themselves. You eat clean and exercise and then when you get somewhat close to your so called perfect shape you CHEAT. You blow your diet. So you can start over again. This is a defense mechanism. By never accomplishing your goals you stay comfortably in your comfort zone. It’s pressure up on the top, if you reach your all time super body then you will want to keep it and that takes work.

Self sabotage is what makes you average instead of exceptional. And I don’t know what the love for gaining and losing weight nonstop comes from, I sure never had it. But it’s such a waste of time!!! Why spend all that time on cardio machines and diet like a maniac just to blow it when you are unmotivated? How hungry can you be, right? You are not starving! You get meals daily.

It must be a lack of insight. It must be a lack of understanding that makes you all fail when it comes to reaching your fitness goals. Or maybe it’s a chosen attitude? Maybe you don’t really want to, it’s more a fantasy? What do I know?

But one thing I know is right and it’s the fact you get what you put in.
  #1314   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 12:26

BF:

Oooh, that's a good one, (and it hits the old "nuts & cheese & dressing" nail right on the head, huh?)

Here's what I think: I think that YOU think somewhere in your true heart that you can eat that stuff and still lose weight & reach your goal. I'm not saying it's not possible, maybe it is, but if you don't lose any weight after a few more weeks at the most, I'd say you should probably stop it, right?
  #1315   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 13:40

BF:

Quote:
Here's what I think: I think that YOU think somewhere in your true heart that you can eat that stuff and still lose weight & reach your goal.
You are correct. I'm not sure why I pretend this is possible. But I do. Well...I do know....because I wanna eat it, and I wanna lose body fat and I want all my wishes to come true. I wanna eat the fat and lose it too. *ahem*

Quote:

I'm not saying it's not possible, maybe it is, but if you don't lose any weight after a few more weeks at the most, I'd say you should probably stop it, right?
I'm doing better today. I haven't had ANY dressing. I know I need to go ahead and stop doing it. I'm replacing it with an egg...and cheese right now. I'll see what tomorrow's weight is.

As always, thanks for saying what I try to ignore.
  #1316   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-10, 06:19

BF:

I've gone back to BGB training. Cardio...maybe a couple days a week. Not sure what I'll do about it yet. I'm thinking if I do it at all, I'll just work legs and abs in a circuit style way for 20 mins.

I was going to attempt to do 100 push-ups for my 55th birthday in September. Now I'm shootin' for 77. I've done 70 a couple of times, but this week when I did them, I only got 67, so...even getting 75 is pretty unlikely. I'm going to start working on them twice a week. I'll just put on my 20 lb. weighted vest and do as many as I can each week. Either I'll be successful or not...but I have the kids in a competition with me, so it'll be fun anyway. Especially the "trash talk" part.

I'm trying to get down to 130 by August 1. It's possible.

Today's weight: 135.6
  #1317   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-10, 18:56

Plan: Lean protein-veggies
Stats: 150/112.2/115 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 108%

I loved Pauline's post!!!!
  #1318   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-10, 18:50

BF:
Default Affirmations anyone? :)

Most people during their lifetime will have difficulty losing or maintaining a healthy body weight. Unfortunately, it seems, the more we try losing weight the heavier we become.

Any attempt at losing weight is a multifaceted process and weight control affirmations should most definitely be one of the facets you use to succeed.

Eating less and exercising more is only one part of the solution. Retraining your thoughts and emotions to create new relationships between you, food and exercise is an important part of achieving a healthy weight.

Food has always been a source of stress relief, comfort, reward, joy and a bunch of other great feelings to many folks. So instead of just eating in order to feed the body, we often eat to feed our emotions.

What happens when we do this is a kind of roller coaster ride of eating to feel good and then feeling bad for eating too much or eating the wrong kinds of food.

The consistent use of weight control affirmations can assist your mind in creating new beliefs and new emotional attachments to food. So make the commitment to repeat them to yourself several times a day. State your affirmations in the positive and with conviction and feeling. For example, "It feels soooo goooood to be fit and healthy!"

Use the examples of weight control affirmations below as a starting point for your own, personalized affirmations.

• I am feeling thinner today
  • My body is getting stronger, healthier and slimmer everyday
  • Losing weight is effortless
  • I look and feel slimmer everyday
  • I am losing weight slowly but surely
  • I enjoy being slim and fit
  • I am on the road to great health and a great looking body
  • I am proud of myself for eating the right foods
  • I love how I feel after I exercise
  • I love the feeling of being slim and healthy
  • I am ready to be thin again
  • It feels so good to have a toned body
  • I create an abundance of energy when I work out
  • My health is extremely important to me
  • Taking care of myself gives me great confidence
  • I am committed to doing what it takes to become slim and healthy
  • I deserve to be healthy in body and in mind
  • I will succeed at controlling my weight
  • I enjoy life when I am in good shape
  • Water is refreshing and satisfies my food cravings
  • Every day I notice positive changes in my body
  • I love being an inspiration to others
If some of the above weight control affirmations aren’t believable to you try using some simple modifiers such as:
  • I am becoming fit in body and mind
  • I am in the process of learning to enjoy exercising every day
  • I choose to eat only those foods which will help me to become healthier
These simple modifiers can make your weight control affirmations more believable to you. Believing in what you are saying will help you to create the most positive emotional state you can and that is the key to making affirmations work.

I'm sure you'll be surprised and delighted by how effective using weight control affirmations can be if you are consistent, positive and committed to applying them on a daily basis.

You just may find that they are what you’ve been needing to get your body and mind on the right track to being the best they can be!

#1319   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 05:28

BF:

This morning my weight was 130.6. This is the lowest my weight has been in years and years and years. I know I weighed about 126 in 1991, at the time I remarried. It just went up from there. New life, new state, big city...stress~ FOOD = Fat. Anyway, all that just to say...YAY!! I'm not at goal, but closer than I ever really thought I would be.

And...I did 77 push-ups yesterday. That was my goal for my 55th birthday, so I reached it.
  #1320   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-10, 13:24

BF:

55 years old
129.4 lbs
waist: 26
tummy: 29
hips: 35
thighs 34

Last edited by galatia : Wed, Sep-08-10 at 13:48.