Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:56
Registered Member

Plan: shwarzbein II
Stats: 174/???/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question ThreeLac for Candida??

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything good/bad about ThreeLac to treat Candida?

Thanks in advance everyone

Cristin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 18:25
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cristin:

I'd like to hear about this too. I read that you can take this without having to follow the candida diet. Not sure how true it is.

Wanda
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 05:19
Registered Member

BF:

Hey wanda,

That is what I heard about threeLac as well. Sounds too good to be true -- right??

I was deliberating between ordering the ThreeLac or the Candistroy. I haven't yet decided -- I definetly want to get rid of the Candida right away and it seems as though (according to claims) that Threelac would be the right product.
I'll have to do some more research over the weekend to see what else I can find about Threelac.
I'll let you know if I find anything good/bad.

thanks Wanda,
Cristin
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:35
Registered Member

Plan: BFL
Stats: 120/125/ Female 5'5.5"
BF:

Yes, I'm interested in this product too. ITs hard enough for me to follow TSP, let alone the Candida diet as well.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:47
Registered Member

BF:

bbgirl,

I know, the two diets together are so strict.. at least with SP you get some variety with starches.

I'll let you guys know what I find out...
cristin
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:52

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4966/

This is another way to go - not a strict. Very interesting approach. I did have a friend once ask why I didn't eat an open-faced grilled cheese sandwich - he said the heat killed the mold! Duh. Seems fairly logical, no?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 08:24
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

My wife saw the ThreeLac and decided she wanted to get that, but then we saw some of the web sites recommend a number of other products to go with it. I ended up paying about $400 for all these things so I sure hope they work! Of course, I'm not at all convinced that yeast is the real problem. I wish the medical community was better in these areas, but most don't seem to know hardly anything about it.

Here's one of the web sites I went to:
http://www.gethealthyagain.com/yeastinfections.html
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 10:29
Registered Member

BF:

AZDEAN,
Thanks for the article! Has your wife started the ThreeLac yet? IF so, is she having any results good/bad?

I didn't realize it was SO EXPENSIVE!! I guess if it WORKS it would be worth the money but still, that is a lot of $$$.

thank for the input -- I would LOVE to hear about your wife's results!
Cristin
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:39
Mad Scientist

BF:

Can't you just take the ThreeLac (at $58 US, good for 2 months) without the other products? That doesn't look too unreasonable if it works alone.

Cristin, not all candida diets are alike. My candida diet didn't restrict grains and I did just fine on it. I would guess each person is different. What's most important is assessing how you feel after eating certain foods. I kept a food diary when I was put on my candida diet.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Wed, Jul-30-03 at 06:33.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:28
Mad Scientist

BF:

I just found the ingredients list for ThreeLac.

Ingredients: Spore Forming Lactic Acid Bacteria (Lactobacillus Sporogenes), Lemon Juice Powder, Refined Yeast Powder, Castor Oil, Spore Forming Bacteria (Bacillus Subtills), Lactic Acid Bacteria (Streptococcus Faecalis)

What's up with the refined yeast powder? Does anyone have any research on this stuff? I see references to it, but not the actual studies. I'm a little leary of this pyramid-type marketing.

Wanda
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:56

That's supposedly for the buggers to eat (to keep them alive) until they get to your guts.

That's why I'm leary, too.

Last edited by MsJinx : Wed, Jul-30-03 at 15:57.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 16:10
Mad Scientist

BF:

Thanks Jinxy! It doesn't make sense, huh? If ya don't need to follow a candida diet, then there should be lots of critter food, no? I wish I could find some unbiased information on this stuff.

Wanda
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 16:25
Mad Scientist

BF:

I found this forum that discusses ThreeLac. It doesn't seem as biased as the other info.

http://curezone.org/forums/m.asp?f=41&i=787

--edit--
if you enter "threelac" in their search field, you'll get lots of hits about ThreeLac. I even found out how to get it in Canada.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Wed, Jul-30-03 at 16:37.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 04:42
Registered Member

BF:

Wanda,
Thanks so much for posting that link -- there was so much gREAT info. on Threelac.

I've decided to order it -- can't hurt and it's actually fairly affordable if you only order the Threelac.
The other morning I did the candida saliva test -- and I was thoroughly grossed out.... It seems as though (according to the test) I have a lot of candida in my system. I am VERY eager to get rid of the little beasts......

Thanks for all the information -- it was a HUGE help!!
Cristin
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 08:29

If there are in fact "clinical studies" why wouldn't they be cited? On ANY of the ThreeLac sites?? Just doesn't make any sense. I italicized and bolded for emphasis...

http://www.healthandage.com/PHome/gm=2!gid2=2458

Comment
This review of evidence from clinical studies shows that oropharyngeal candidiasis can be treated quite effectively with oral or systemic azole derivatives, although clotrimazole is less effective than the others (fluconazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, and itraconazole). Of the polyenes, amphotericin B was superior to nystatin when used systemically.
Perhaps more importantly, these drugs can be used to prevent the occurrence of symptomatic candidiasis in patients at high risk. Daily or once-weekly fluconazole were almost equally effective, but itraconazole was less so. Locally, chlorhexidine or nystatin oral rinses may be used.
The review contains little information on drug doses, which should be obtained from prescription manual or the manufacturers' approved labeling. It also contains no reference to alternative therapies (such as ThreeLac, Hydroxygen Plus, and Paracan) that are widely advertised. Apart from a pilot study of melaleuca solution, there are no adequate clinical trials showing efficacy of such substances reported in the medical literature.

Source
* Oropharyngeal candidiasis C.~Pankhurst, Clin Evid, 2002, vol.~7, pp.~1248--1262

I would LOVE for this stuff to work, and if they DIDN'T make claims about clinical studies with no references, I would be more inclined to try it - plenty of things are great and have never been clinically tested. That sort of stuff just makes me mad, though.

If y'all find any of these supposed studies, I will buy the stuff IMMEDIATELY - I'm always for the EASY way out