Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 09:00

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

I just started drinking Ice coffee few months ago.
I started with the creams but Stopped and like it better plain {But with lots of ice.
I started drinking coffee thinking {And it did for while to get off the diet pop.{Well back on diet pop.
But must get off again.

I think the less we use all of the bad stuff we put in stuff ,Only helps heal are bodies.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 10:11

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I bought a cheap french press at Value Village (thrift shop) and cold-brew by filling it with coffee grounds and cold water the night before. If I need more than that will hold, I'll fill a pitcher with the coffee and water, and just put it through the press one fill at a time.

It's easier to drink black than hot coffee, but I usually add heavy cream anyways.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 11:24

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I drink my coffee in any and all temperature variations. From piping hot to lukewarm to cool / cold. Every mug goes through this.

#19   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 19:57

Plan: Primal/IF
Stats: 220/165/176 Female 5'10"
BF:~40%/26.3%/29%
Progress: 125%

Thanks all for the suggestions

I tried the 'cold brew' method and it came out awesome!!

I'll just have to fiddle slightly with it now to get it the exact strength I like.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 21:04
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

On a hot summer day there is nothing better than a nice iced coffee or iced tea.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 20:55

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessAus
Thanks Ms Arielle

Maybe it is the sweetener that is making it taste weird - I might try and get some splenda.

I had to laugh at your cream comment btw - Cows only eat grass here I'm in Western Australia and its brrr cold at the moment.

It's funny trying to work out some of the things mentioned on these boards - What on earth is gravy biscuits and why do you put gravy on them?

LOL biscuits and gravy are very big hereabouts! The gravy is sausage cream gravy - the combination is addictive and super carby. I have made low carb biscuits with coconut flour (delish), but never have made sausage gravy (it usually contains flour). I have seen recipes for LC versions, though...
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 21:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

My Australian friends "translated" gravy and biscuits to "white sauce with sausage over scones" (I think they said scones; anyway, a non sweet scone would probably be the closest approximation to American biscuits). It's a very popular breakfast dish with many Americans; I don't include myself among them :-)
I'm not a coffee drinker, but some of these suggestions for cold brew coffee with cream are making me rethink that :-)
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnMyWay
LOL biscuits and gravy are very big hereabouts! The gravy is sausage cream gravy - the combination is addictive and super carby. I have made low carb biscuits with coconut flour (delish), but never have made sausage gravy (it usually contains flour). I have seen recipes for LC versions, though...

I googled it and I think our 'biscuits' are your 'cookies'? I had a hard time imagining a sugar coated biscuit with chocolate chips with roast beef gravy
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena
My Australian friends "translated" gravy and biscuits to "white sauce with sausage over scones" (I think they said scones; anyway, a non sweet scone would probably be the closest approximation to American biscuits). It's a very popular breakfast dish with many Americans; I don't include myself among them :-)
I'm not a coffee drinker, but some of these suggestions for cold brew coffee with cream are making me rethink that :-)

Haha - Yes the difference in food names and descriptions has had me quite confused reading some posts! I had to look up what 'grits' were too
I'm not a coffee drinker as such either (Only drink iced coffee) The cold brew method with decaffeinated beans came out awesome.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 03:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessAus
I googled it and I think our 'biscuits' are your 'cookies'? I had a hard time imagining a sugar coated biscuit with chocolate chips with roast beef gravy

No worries, most Americans who do not live in The South would need to have sausage gravy and biscuits explained to them also...I never heard of them until I did and still have never eaten one (they look gross to me). But if you want to go the Southern biscuit route, you should be drinking Iced Tea with that, not Iced Coffee.
This forum has some US:UK, AUS, NZ, CN translators, you may need a list of vegetables too like courgette=zucchini, etc.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Jul-06-18 at 04:42.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 18:54

I came across this clip in my research which I thought was quite a laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OEehlggPp0
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 02:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

That is cute, pity any Koreans trying to learn English.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 09:32

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I use the cold brew, too and the sf syrups.

Tip i picked up- take leftover drip coffee and freeze in ice cube tray. That way your ice will never dilute an iced coffee.
Also I love to blend the cubes with almond milk and syrup for a cappuccino type drink.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 08:37

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Real whole whipping cream and sucralose. Better yet, I have a granular sucralose with erythritol that is nearly the taste of actual sugar, I get if from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ge?ie=UTF8&th=1

The granular will not dissolve well in cold liquids, the pure sucralose I use is liquid and will dissolve in anything.

I do not like artificial sweeteners generally and can taste them more than most people, so you can take my suggestion as a very discerning consumer. Sucralose and erythritol are the only artificial sweeteners I can enjoy