Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#451   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-15, 01:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

You'd have to upload it to the gallery (or an off-site photo library like Photobucket and teach yourself a bit of vB code. Click the link at the very bottom of the page under "Posting Rules" that says "IMG code is On". Actually, if you use Photobucket, it generates the code for you.
Sponsored Links
  #452   ^
Old Thu, Oct-01-15, 16:57

Plan: atkins..paleo later
Stats: 182/173/154 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I waded through loads of pages on this thread, wish there was a paleo recipes thread for all these in the kitchen section, so they could be indexed to type, it would be loads easier to find a relevant recipe!
  #453   ^
Old Fri, Oct-02-15, 03:57

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Many recipes are both low carb and Paleo, or easily changed with a few ingredient swaps.
I use Pinterest or Google more if looking for something specifically Paleo. Since those recipes have mainly appeared in the past five years, the writers also tend to be avid users of Pinterest and other social media. Try both a Google and Pinterest search for whatever specific item you want, e.g. Paleo cracker + almond meal, which will eliminate the cracker versions made with flax or coconut. There are so many Paleo recipe websites, yet Pinterest will still introduce me to more everyday as one of my Catagories is Paleo Recipes.

So many beautiful photos and recipes, so little time. There are also many new Paleo recipe books. Our library has them or you can check them out at a book store, and even take a "look inside" right on the Amazon website.
Now I only have to remember if a recipe is in a book, on an app, bookmarked on the computer or "pinned on my board"

Here's a Londoner website found through Pinterest when I saw this lovely plate of Coodles! We call them Zoodles, Coodles in the UK. Not all her recipes are Paleo or even low carb, but some ..a new pumpkin coodle recipe is if you replace the cream with coconut milk. As a long ago Londoner, this site is nice eye candy. http://www.thelondoner.me/2015/02/l...ta-coodles.html

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Oct-02-15 at 06:38.
  #454   ^
Old Fri, Oct-02-15, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I've found that googling either paleo XXX or keto XXX finds me what I'm looking for.
  #455   ^
Old Sun, Oct-04-15, 16:57

BF:

Yes, I do use Google a lot for paleo recipes, plus I have a couple of books, but I like to hear people's experience with recipes. Sometimes things just don't seem to work, or its not beenwritten properly, and here its easy to ask.
  #456   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 20:42

Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Scotch Eggs

Sweet & Spicy Breakfast Hash

Stuffed Acorn Squash and Cauliflower Rice (with beef) Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce or Loaded "fauxtato" Soup Made as alfredo sauce over chicken and veggies, or faux loaded potato soup topped with green onions, cheddar cheese, & bacon crumbles.
  #457   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-17, 11:01

BF:

Ooh they all look good! Never thought of baking scotch eggs, only ever known them to be deep fried, and I won't deep fry anything (following my mum setting a pan on fire when I was little )
Just coming back to JEY100 's post, she says paleo go ogling will eliminate flax & coconut. I've always used coconut flour and ground flax and thought them to be paleo? Certainly included in several paleo recipes I have. Am I wrong?
  #458   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-17, 09:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyth
Ooh they all look good! Never thought of baking scotch eggs, only ever known them to be deep fried, and I won't deep fry anything (following my mum setting a pan on fire when I was little )
Just coming back to JEY100 's post, she says paleo go ogling will eliminate flax & coconut. I've always used coconut flour and ground flax and thought them to be paleo? Certainly included in several paleo recipes I have. Am I wrong?

I avoid flax because of the omega imbalance. Coconut flour is fine, but I try to stick to as minimal SWYPO as possible and eat real food
  #459   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-17, 06:22

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Sorry, not wrong, that was just an example of using search operators to find a recipe with an ingredient you prefer. There is a long list of possible substitutes. Flax is under the ground seed list here: https://www.thepaleomom.com/the-sci...1-paleo-flours/
  #460   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-17, 16:42

BF: