Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 15:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default February Victoria get together

Ok ladies (or any men who happen to want to join us), what's good for people in February?

Glenda said no to the 16th. I am nixing the 14th..... Anyone else have "no go" days?

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 19:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

How about the 15th, a Thursday; would that work for most? We can compare notes and whine (if necessary) about the 14th

#3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 19:47
WannaHaveFun

Plan: protvegfatprotvegfatprotv
Stats: 183/165/155 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 64%

unfortunately i can't do the week of the 12th. how about one day the week of the 5th--I'm not available Tuesday the 6th but the other days--so far, so good.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 22:43
Registered Member

Sooner rather than later, then?

SO FAR, I'm unbooked completely (much to my dismay, actually).

Julie & Anny, believe it or not, the hole is getting so deep, I actually applied for a job in The Prov today, a Project Co-ordinator/Administrator...sigh.

#5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 00:13

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

The week of the 5th sounds good ... actually, any week sounds good as long as it's not a Tuesday (as usual)!

I can see where I'm going to have to have a good look at the Gourmet Warehouse's website before anyone makes their next trip. Last trip over I spent some time browsing through Choices - they have a lot of nice stuff that I've never seen in Victoria. Unfortunately, neither John nor I have a problem with maltitol - I guess that means we have to count all the carbs!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 13:18

BF:

The week of the 5th is good for most of us so it seems.....

I'm out of town on the Wednesday so how about Thursday the 8th?

Jude: sorry to hear you might rejoin the disillusioned civil servants....

I still haven't heard anything from my written test but got unofficial word that my temporary assignment is now permenant after 3 years...

take care all, Julie
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 14:13
WannaHaveFun

BF:

Thursday the 8th is good for me so far.

Way to go, Julie! and good luck, Jude, in all possible ways (getting the job and, if you do get it, etc. etc.)

Glenda I'm close to a Choices if you ever want me to pick something up for you (though the ones in Burnaby aren't as well-stocked as the west side ones, of course ).

cheers, ladies!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 20:43

BF:

Thursday the 8th works well for me too!

Anny, I hope you had a good trip to the mainland and thanks for the offer - I'll probably take you up on it when I run out of things I know they carry.

JULIE -
Quote:
unofficial word that my temporary assignment is now permanent after 3 years...
never having worked for the govt. I don't know if that's good or not - I'm hoping it is!!!

Jude - what can I say? I'm really pulling for you to get the work you want to do and will love doing! I HATE to hear you're getting to the point of settling for just anything but, if it's not what you really want to do, it has to be thought of as make-shift and temporary. We KNOW your REAL position is out there and is just waiting for you to find it!!!

By the way, it seems I'm following you all over the low-carb web!! we should get a list from you of all the sites around (actually, I've only found three - are there many more? Scott123 and kevinpa both seem to be on all of them too!)

If you're sure you don't use or want your jerky gun, I'm a "gadget junky" and I'd love to buy it from you! Ground beef jerky has quickly become a snack of choice around here!!

hugs all, G.....
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 21:58
WannaHaveFun

BF:

I got a few things at Gourmet Warehouse but otherwise struck out: no unsweetened chocolate blocks, no sugar-free vanilla, no Red Square flax cereal--yikes!!! Jude maybe we can talk again about getting one of those big choc. blocks you found, or maybe you can suggest somewhere else I could order.

So are we on for noon ~ the 8th ~ the Spot? I'm still not 100% sure I can make it. Anyone free THIS Thursday?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 01:49
Registered Member

Anny, you should go direct to Red Square, just over the Burnaby line. I had a FIELD day in there, they have a little storefront. I have the address SOMEWHERE, or maybe just marked on the map.

I'm shocked about the Scharffenberger no longer (?) at the GW. Hmmmmm. Maybe Karen Barnaby can provide info on that, or an alternate source. I should put a raincheck on the big block for the time being, I'm still working through my supply (includes some rare stuff, like a floral smelling Denman Island Unsweetened that was briefly available a year or so ago -- I pounced -- I think at Lifestyles; I'm eaking it out, remind me to tell you about the results of my Mom's birthday cake). But we can check out some things first...I'm thinking there's got to be a "local" distributor or supplier I haven't sussed out yet. I'll add it to my project list...

As for sf vanilla, I just use either the Mexican brought back by my brother (is there an emoticon for <evil grin>?) or the Baker's Supply House available locally. It's good stuff, no sugar or synthetics, I'm sure. Some nice organic at Lifestyle, too. Though I have to say, even if there IS a bit of sugar in the extract, how much can it be? It's no big, really.

Glenda, the gadget is yours, of course. And you know, I've never tried googling islandgirl and low carb, but now I'm curious what would come up...yes, I'm all over the place, though it's hard to keep up with a lot of it...
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 10:12

BF:

OK - I'm easy this month so whenever the rest of you agree on should be fine with me. Anny, this Thursday works just as well as next and if it works better for you, that's great! How about the rest of you?

Glenda
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 12:00

BF:

Glenda - yes, a temporary thing that becomes perm. is a good thing... I've been working on this for almost 3 years.... should be announced soon.

This will make a few other people happy as well. Those who have been in govt know all about the domino effect of temp appointments......

Anny - this Thursday is fine for me.

See you all soon, Julie
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 12:16
Registered Member

Congrats, Julie!

Anny, I can do this Thursday, so far. Is that a solid? Can Glenda make it?

#14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 12:19
WannaHaveFun

BF:
Default this Thurs. Feb. 1st ~ noon

It's a LOCK! See you ~ the Spot.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 12:26
WannaHaveFun

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Anny, you should go direct to Red Square, just over the Burnaby line. I had a FIELD day in there, they have a little storefront. I have the address SOMEWHERE, or maybe just marked on the map.

quite right, it's just a long way from GW, about as far as I could get off my Vancouver Food Route .

Quote:
I'm shocked about the Scharffenberger no longer (?) at the GW.

they seem to have switched to Callebaut but were out of that--they'll probably get more in. I'll survive! Sounds like website needs updating.

Quote:
As for sf vanilla, I just use either the Mexican brought back by my brother or the Baker's Supply House available locally.... Though I have to say, even if there IS a bit of sugar in the extract, how much can it be? It's no big, really.

yep, i've got the Baker's Supply stuff now, it's just doesn't have the je ne sais quoi of the Mexican stuff in a pretty bottle with raffia around the neck. again, I'll survive!

see you all THursday!