Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 15:14
Registered Member

Plan: .
Stats: 145/135.8/118 Female .
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Vacation packages, all-iinclusive, NO-carb

Does anyone know of any all-inclusive vacation packages that cater STRICTLY to low-carbers?
Not just buffets with low-carb choices as well as all the whites, but NO-carbs...so as not to tempt.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 15:39
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

The closest I've ever heard to something like this are the Fat Flush Cruises. It's not extremely low carb because the Fat Flush isn't but it's controlled carb- but all the meals are FF. I think they're pretty expensive though

http://www.annlouiseforum.com/

You can check out the FF forum and there's some info on site about the cruises.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

There used to be Atkins' cruises, but I suspect that all stopped when he died...worth searching, though. Check with a travel agent?

ps: there ain't no such thing as NO-carb, not if you're eating your leafy greens and such, as you should...

#4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 22:43
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portail
Does anyone know of any all-inclusive vacation packages that cater STRICTLY to low-carbers?
Not just buffets with low-carb choices as well as all the whites, but NO-carbs...so as not to tempt.

The closest I know are AI by Karisma, exlusive resorts like Azul, Eldorado, etc. They serve food ala carte, and they have at least 7 menus to choose from, and one is low carb menu. Since they serve you food, you won't be tempted.
We went to Azul last year and while it was low carb, I was not impressed with the food and it was very time consuming, it took almost 2 hours for lunch and same for dinner.
OTOH, buffets have so many low carb choices, and you eat different food everyday. I can suggest to sample something you really want right before you leaving (last day), this way you won't have cravings for the entire vacation.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 04:29
Registered Member

Plan: .
Stats: 145/135.8/118 Female .
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Good leafy carbs

IslandGirl has a good point re leafy carbs.
What I should have said is...I'm looking for vacation resorts with buffets where there are NO "wicked-whites"...sugar, rice, potatoes, pasta, breads (flour).
Thank you all for the suggestions. I hope there will be more.