Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What are YOUR results with Oil of Oregano?
Gained Weight 8 6.72%
Nothing - No gain, No loss 68 57.14%
Lost 1-2 lbs 16 13.45%
Lost 3-4 lbs 16 13.45%
Lost 5+ lbs and I think it was the OOO 11 9.24%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 19:16

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 260/238.8/160 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:49%/48%/20%
Progress: 21%
Default Not working for me

I bought the GNC OoO drops. Started it on Monday. Two days later and I am up a pound and a half. I've also noticed that my face has started to break out in a rash (red raised bumps). I am not sure if this is related, but they do itch "a little" and I know some of you have complained about the itching. I am going to take it a few more days and see if it gets worse or better. I am not normally allergic to things, but who knows.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 05:56
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Day 3 for me. My sinus is better than it has been in years from dose 1. I love the wide awake side of it too. Theres the positive so far. Heres my negative........2 lb gain, prolly water,tastes just awful but I can deal with it. AND my children say the kitchen stinks now. LOL
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 20:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%
Question

I just ordered some 150mg gel caps coated in olive oil. Is there a difference from the one that also has 25 mgs of flaxseed oil?
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:34

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I lost 7lbs in my first 2 weeks of taking OoO. I started my 3rd week on Saturday so we will see how it continues. Good luck everyone!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:39

Plan: My Own
Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%

Lost 9 pounds in a week.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:40
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

That is great Fireball and Kish, keep up the great work!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 07:48
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Didn't loose a pound till I went off it. I think the other benefits are wonderful tho. Just love the stuff in soo many ways.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:44

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

Since taking OoO, I have lost 6 lbs. I don't really know if this is due to OoO or not. Since I started taking it, I have tons more energy, so much so, that I increased my workouts. I only walk, but I went from 1/2 mile twice a week, up to 2 1/5 miles four times a week.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 20:39

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 318/180/178 Male 5'11"
BF:?/16/16
Progress: 99%

I gotta try this stuff....I hope GNC has it.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 22:18

Plan: Atkin's plus 1200 calorie
Stats: 260/211/160 Female 5'11"
BF:38%/28%/?
Progress: 49%

I lost 7 pounds after started OoO after having been stalled for well over a month. Seems like the weight just melted off and I was starting my diet all over again! I use the liquid drops - a local chain store brand "Wild Oats". They seem to be doing something, but I read that you should only take them 15 days on and then 15 days off, etc., etc., to keep them effective. I am just waiting to start them again........
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 01:57

Stats: 150/140/126 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:
Progress: 42%

OK,

I have drops of OoO and I am not sure how many or how often to take them.

I did the spit test this morning and I had tendrals in my water and some sank to the bottom, so I guess it might help me.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Judy
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 12:12

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I'm not going to answer the poll yet--see how things go first. But my weight bottomed at 204 on June 26th, then went back up to 205.5 the next day, and I've been playing between 204.5 and 205.5 and last Saturday morning weighed 204.5. I started OoO, just one in the morning after eating breakfast on Saturday and today (just 3 days later) my weight is down to 202.

I really, really wish I'd see the increase in energy everyone else seems to have, but there are underlying issues for the way I feel, and maybe it won't happen for a while, or won't happen at all. At any rate, if it helps to lose weight, I'm keeping it!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 15:04

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Lightbulb

I noticed that the majority of those here voted no gain, no loss...essentially no difference in taking OoO. Others are saying that it's fantastic...and are raving about it. Me? I'm not sure....

I was on OoO when I was doing a candida/yeastie cleanse. I took other things and temporarily modified my diet at that time....and during this time I had the only real steady weight loss while low carbing. At the time I considered this "proof" that I had the "yeasties" and I was finally eliminating them. What I am reading in this thread is leading me to believe that it might not have been the case with me....that maybe the OoO was causing me to lose the weight....and when I ran out and stopped using it...could that have been when I began to "turtle" along to the major stalling I currently experience?

The only way I'm going to find out...is to buy another bottle of the same OoO I took earlier.....use it the same way....but change nothing else in my low carb regimen. I'll start again as soon as I get the stuff....and maybe...just maybe........

PS....I didn't answer the poll yet either.....for obvious reasons......

Last edited by DerBlumers : Sun, Jul-11-04 at 15:06. Reason: add a PS
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 10:33

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Dasanipure, I bought Oregacyn gel 140mg at GNC but just started this morning so cant really tell you how its going..the sales person said its the same as the drops and after reading you brave ppl taking it straight i decided to go softgel..its enough i take pure seasalt straight to get it over with...didnt want to do 2 things a day thats harsh...

I hope im going to say this right and not offend anyone: i notice in all your post that the ones that are really losing on oOo are the ones that are a further to their goal weight...so im just wondering if its not your LC diet or your water intake you do all day and not the oOo...well like i said i started today and will see what gives in by end of this week...will sure keep you posted...

be good
lan
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 11:49

Stats: 223/205/160 Female 171cm
BF:42%/37%/??
Progress: 29%

I am having a lot more energy. DH is very happy as I do all my housework and not just lazyng out infromt of the PC
I have lost 1.5lbs in the 4 days I have been taking it and I normally don't move that quickly so I think it helps but I want to give it at least couple of weeks to make sure. In any acse I will keep on taking it as I am sure this is the source for my increased energy

Vess