Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:03

Plan: my own
Stats: //130
BF:
Progress:
Default hi everyone...new here

hi
Just found this site looking around for more low carb info. I used to do the Scarsdale diet all the time when I was younger with great results. Tried again the beginning of this year and just couldn't follow a diet...guess times change with kids etc.
I tried the Atkins for a week and got totally sick.
I then decided...why not just watch your own carbs. I started that seriously probably in March. In April, I started a exercise program Contours Express.

I don't like to weigh myself...I just don't. But in 6 weeks after starting exercise I lost a total of 10 inches. 4 alone in my waist.

I was wearing 12 jeans last year but by the end of last summer broke down and had to buy 14's!!! Now, I had to buy 10's and actually should go down to an 8 since the 10's are getting pretty baggy.

I feel so much better....and it is just wonderful with all my friends noticing the difference. Even my kids (age 6 and 9) saw a picture of me from 2 years ago...and said "look how fat you were". I really can't tell the difference of the picture. But I guess it must be true if my kids and even my husband said it was a huge difference.

I am a low carb phanatic now....can't remember when I had my last slice of bread and that was always my downfall. The kids go back to school in 2 weeks...so I can start exercising "regularly" again. It has been just too hard in the summer and actually haven't worked out in about 2 weeks....but my clothes keep getting baggier.

Hope to post regularly here.....to get some more ideas etc....
Thanks
Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:28

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Lisa, great to have you joining the forum.

You sound as if things are going well for you and I see that you prefer the tape measure to the scales. Different things work for different people. Great news on the lower size in jeans, you must be well pleased.

Keep up the good work, every success.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 03:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello!

Welcome to the forum! You are doing great!
Keep it up! Also congrats on going down on your pants size!!

Hope to see you post often!