Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 14:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I am going to give the walking tape a try this afternoon

Another thing I am thinking about is a fast to start off New Year..............

I will be posting - more. I need more accountability - in WOE. SERIOUS ABOUT IT-
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 15:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, Ladies!

It's Monday! I had to check on that. I am permanently confused.

Jaz- Exciting for your DD to have plans for going to Disney. It is a wonderful thing for kids to do at least once in their childhoods. I'm a fan. Will they be staying on site?

Glad you had a nice visit with your son! It is wonderful that he was able to come and spend that time with all of you. I do know what you mean about the amount of work it is though. I feel that with my kids coming back around. I love it and am also floundering under it a bit. I also know I will miss it when they all leave. Sort of betwixt and between! It was definitely a shock when I went from two gone full time and one here only a bit per day due to school and work, to having two here full time since March.

Blue- HBO Max! That is a great gift indeed and something you will use frequently. Very creative idea! I figured you would go right to The Flight Attendant bc I know you have talked about Chris Bojalian as an author before. Glad to hear it is so good!

Your bonfires and outside time with friends and family sound so wonderful. The human spirit is so resilient and will find a way! Really smiled as I read about you all dancing away to Xmas music.

Trig- Love how you are fired up about your challenge and getting all your peeps fired up too! I will have to read about it and see what I can come up with.

I wonder if the Richard Simmons videos are up on YouTube? I wouldn't be at all surprised. It has tons of everything including every kind of workout you can imagine.

LOLing over your DD being uncoordinated!

Blue and Trig- I have to laugh over Blue comparing you to the USPS delivery in terms of regularity and quality.. we got a box today from my Dad and SM that was mailed on NOVEMBER 25th!! It took over one month to get here from Texas. How many times could I have driven back and forth to Texas in a month? lololol

Lori- LOVE LOVE LOVE "Leave it"- that is just excellent. I can hear it so clearly in my head. I say it to my dogs!

Good that you are up to the challenge with Trig et al and doing some good workout tapes.
••••••••••••

So let's see... First news of the day is that it is DS19's Birthday today! YUP- he is 19 today and it is the final year of teenagerdom in the Nic household! Color me not-too-sad about that!

He had plans today so we celebrated a day early. He also is a very chill birthday person and doesn't want a big deal to be made out of it, so we did his requested birthday dinner (artichoke pasta) and his requested birthday dessert (angel food cake, cool whip, ice cream, and fruit) which he barely touched! He is not a cake person. But last year when we did no cake, he did not like that one bit. So we do it. Then he had a few gifts and that was that- he went out with the GF after that.

Today DS22 is with the GF for the day, DS19 will be with his bandmates and his GF today, DH is at work. There are men working outside doing some stuff for us, and I have been hanging out. I made some beef vegetable soup to have on hand, and dusted and vacuumed all the upstairs and did a partial cleaning of our master bath. I didn't do the tubs, showers or floors but did the sinks, counter, toilet.

Tomorrow night we are doing a family movie night and watching Soul together. I know DS22's Fi is coming, not sure about DS19's GF. DD and SoIL will be there. Then NYE we will have the crew here again.

Looking ahead and planning ahead for the New Year. First I will decide on whether to kick it off Jan 1 or Jan 4. Then what do I want to do Goals wise, and what do I want my focus to be. More to come in the coming days about that.

Meanwhile, I feel like a cross between a Heffalump and a Weeble. Pulled out the stretch pants. Ugh!!!
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 18:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Nic---Yeah, on that USPS deal. So. I have a pal here in our bldg who has worked for the PO for a long time. According to her, as well as what I've read, current administration's choice of PO General set up a whole bunch of new rules about 6 months ago. One of them was NO overtime, anywhere, anytime for any reason. So what can't be sorted in a day, gets thrown into a huge storage area, where it waits till someone can handle it w/out putting in any overtime. Of course, in the time of the Co-Vid, there have been many times the packages of normal times. Some want the USPS to fail so it can be privatized. Anywho, buttoning my lip now, except to say I cannot wait till Jan. 20, which will truly be a NEW year to me.

Happy, happy B'day to your youngest. My, he has really straightened his wings out and seems flying swell and better than ever. LOL, that he doesn't like cake but needs one on his birthday.

Sounds like you're getting a bit of chill time today with everyone out and about. I totally understand your ambivalence---so great to have the kids home, so great when they leave again, except then you have to miss them. Like my mom always said, "once you cell divide, nothing is ever the same again.

Trig---Yeah, I'm going to check into the Leslie tapes on Youtube. I don't really need the DVDs anymore, I just set my lap top up on my living room library table and it's just fine. Oh Lord, the money I used to spend on video workout tapes! I had an amazing library of them back in the day, got rid of most of them when we moved. OMG, the things I used to pull off doing in my living room. I had the step and the box and all sorts of stuff. LOL, I used to be all over the place, jumping and dancing and stepping and kettle balling and on and on. SIGH. Those days are gone for me, and I will be happy to just get my heart rate up. Frankly I'll be happy with 15 to 20 minutes a day. And like you said, no bouncing all over the place. Just get 'er done, simply at my age, more safely.

Lori---Oh yeah, on the getting into the exercise clothes. I'm like you, a real cozy cat. Once I have my fluffy big socks and comfy around the house baggy clothes on, I have a hard time with transitioning in and out of other clothes, especially in these THING times, wherein my energy level has dipped and is harder to pull up again.

Jaz---Y'know, I didn't make it grand, it just really was grand. A real gift, one that felt to me like my real Xmas---and not that substitute Xmas on Planet Co-vid. LOL, like I said to Trig, you guys are cold wussies, and I'm a heat wussy. Man, it was so gorgeous to me yesterday---the light snow, the fire to offset it, all of us with blankets on our laps and warm spiked drinks. Cozy and joyous as heck to me.

Love hearing your "healthy" goals for the new year. You stated it very well, and made me think. I sure need to get back on that horse myself. Getting ready to talk about my woe here, just not there yet. But am happy to be back and start feeling the inspiration you gals give me tingling away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irritating day here. First of all our cable/Wi-Fi went out for about 3 hours. No sooner was it back up, than our TV picture went black. We googled and futzed with it, but in the end figured we probably needed a new one. It was almost 5 years old and these days, that's about all she wrote unless you've bought a more expensive Sony or whatever. We have smaller TV in our guest room and our bedroom, but we don't get all our fav apps on those, as we refuse to pay for 3 cable boxes.

HAHA Trig, weren't we just talking about this? TV, we love it! And now is no time to try to go without it, not that I would under any circumstances. Said to hubby, let's go. Out to Best Buy we went and got ourself a new one. $199. So cheap, and that's why they don't last like they used to. BUT, then they do so much more than they used to.

We have a big storm/blizzard coming in tomorrow and thru the next day. Yeah, NO, we weren't going to wait on it. LOL, hubby who hates rush hour traffic, beat me to the car to get out on that highway and get a new TV.

So, frustrating day, but all is well now. New TV is set up and ready for us to watch our new HBO goody---"The Undoing." FAB murder mystery w/Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. Off I go to watch and eat dinner. OMG, we love our TV dinners!
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-20, 05:49

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Just a quick check-in. Nothing new going on around here. Awake too early, but I can take a nap after I get my workout in if I need it.

Jaz......anxious to hear about your plan for the new year. I have a couple new books coming to try to give me a mental boost about my eating. One is just about low carb eating by Dr. Eric Westman, and the other is all about different methods of fasting by Becky Gillaspy. Not sure there will be any new info in them for me, but sometimes you just need to read something to give you a boost, you know?

Trig.....how many miles are you doing today? Do you do it every day? I'm sure I'll be lazy and take a day off now and then.

Nic....I had to laugh at you saying you feel like a cross between a Heffalump and a Weeble. That holiday bloat will be gone before you know it.

Blue....what a pain to have to get a new TV. The set up is the worst part. We don't have a smart TV and I dread the time when we are forced to get one. I know it will be great once it's set up, but OY...the stress of it all!

-------

Speaking of TV....I bought a Roku to put on our "dumb" TV, but I'm afraid to try to install it. What if I screw up the satellite part of the TV and then we end up with nothing? ACK!! I may give it a try today as I'll have all day while DH is out hunting to try to figure it out. I signed up for YouTube TV and I'm enjoying watching it on my laptop while DH watches some other crap on Dish. I hate to spend the extra $$, but not quite ready to cut the cord from Dish. When you're used to one thing, it's hard to change to something different, you know? Man...I'm getting old & cranky!

Later!
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-20, 07:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, plug up the Roku...it WILL NOT screw up your incoming cable at all....it is so simple it is crazy, you will love it....there are a few great free tv options on the menu when it loads up and then boom.....you got access to alot more stations for free, plus ya can easily do pay for more if you want like Amazon Prime or something else. I love love love my roku....go for it girl!!

oh yea I will be lazy every now and then.....shooting for everyday tho, but on a day I don't wanna do it, I might keep that easy peasy 20 min. workout as my sluggy day workout. Getting ready to do the 20 min. right now after I sign off

Blue, yea no jumping and more and sure ain't going near no kettle ball for me I don't like the laptop, I want my program on my monster tv in the living room....I like big screens LOL I know so many love youtube and I know I can hook my laptop to the tv to put the youtube on it, but that is way too much work for me.....I still like the old dvd of something in my hand mostly.

big storm coming and the good tv goes out? LOL Darn right I would be right along with ya running out to get a tv and fast!! Hope your storm isn't too darn bad for you guys!

Nicco, ut oh....no weeble'ing around here....you will mojo back up....time to get thru that final holiday feeling and back in the game of it all for all of us

final year of teenagerdom....love it...omg I can't wait either....I am trying to picture my kid doing college stuff in like 3 years and it blows my mind but I am so ready for her to 'live real adult' life....she is so close....but they will always be our babies no matter how old right?

Jaz you don't need to fast. why starve? Just get on your eating plan and DO IT and STAY on it.....that is all you need. Of course if ya wanna, then go for it but remember, your daily eating plan and holding that tight is what does it long term ya know.....heck start eating your chosen plan right now!!! No need to wait til Jan 1, ain't nothing magical about that date ya know HAHA

hey if ya tried a walk tape let me know how you liked it

Hey all
woke up sluggy and a sour tummy. HUH? No clue why. Ain't normal yesterday, water only but woke up 'just off' a tad....not bad by any means, just feel sluggy and icky tummy. Felt great going to bed last night, woke up this way?? who knows......will be interesting to see what I eat today cause food sure isn't upfront on my mind

Taking kid to eye doctor appt at 10......then me and her will hit the super grocery store, Ingles that is near that place and I will do a fast meat sale search. See what seafood options they got.

then home to do nothing mostly...I feel so lazy and truly just sluggy and 'off' a bit.....this too shall pass I am sure.

doing 20 easy fast walk tape when I am done typing this....no more...that is all I can handle right now.

over and out and be good today everyone!
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-20, 11:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Afternoon- It will be by the time I am done typing.
Oh some really good posts from you all!!!!! I enjoyed reading them with my coffee!!!!!

Yup- today is Tue- Last TUE of 2020- let's pause to give the finger!! Where is the ROFL emoji when you need it!

Anyway-
NIC- Birthday wishes to your DS19!!! WOW oh WOW!!! Goodness we have watched your "kids" grow up!!! Birthdays, graduations, Weddings, engagements- truly awesome! Thanks for including 4 "moms" - we love it!!!!!!

I am going to Google Soul. Looking for something to watch. I think I have seen all on Netflix!

I can't wait to hear about your WORD for 2021 is.

TRIG- Yup- why wait until a calendar to start again! I got up feeling like I am ready. I need to do what you do. Put those "horse blinders on" Look not to either side - but straight ahead. Period. No distractions. YUP- need me a pair of those.

Love the idea of a gentle walk. As per the course my ass sat most of yesterday!!!! Cold weather SHUTS me down. I know BLUE is laughing!!!!! Because cold was 50 here yesterday, it is already 57 now and warming up. I am still FREEZING. Anything under 70 is jacket weather.

Are you going anywhere anytime soon? So the kiddo is now learn from home the rest of the year? "They" are doing studies to see what the impact is from all these kids learning from home. The social aspect is pretty critical.

Having steak and shrimp tonight. If ya hurry you can be here when it hits the pan- HAHAHAHAh

Lori- - I will be interested to see what you think regarding those DVD's.
ROKU- LOVE mine. Trust me you can't mess it up. The only thing is you have to change the input to see it. Very simple.
You will LOVE IT!!!!!
Let us know what you think. I take my Roku- everywhere with me!

Blue- I am loving you are here and posting. I CRACKED up over your hubby beating you to the car to get that new TV!
199- what a steal!
They are so cheap right now. I love watching a good show. Something about getting "lost" in a great story!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
gotta run a few errands. It's almost one and I feel the day slipping away.

Grrrrrrrrrhhhhh- back later
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-20, 15:00

BF:

Lazy day here......not feeling well. Just blah and tired. I keep falling asleep for a few minutes at a time. Weird. Not pushing myself, just letting whatever wash over me. Just took my temperature....normal & used my Pulse Ox.....all fine.

Didn't get to the Roku....I did get it out of the box....that's as far as I got. I know about changing the input as I've done that before with stuff, that's what scares me. One time I changed it for something and then I couldn't get the TV back....kept getting an error message. It finally came back and I've been afraid to change input again.

DH will have to fend for himself tonight for dinner. I'm not feeling it. He's been out hunting all day and will be many days for the next few weeks. Ugh. So sick of hearing about it. I just want to be able to go somewhere......anywhere!! Ok...spoiled brat rant over. Have a good night.
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-20, 17:08

BF:

Howdy Ho, Friends!

Hope you are all well today!

Blue- Yeah, I hear you regarding USPS. Just got another thing today, shipped December 2nd. It will be just as good a stocking stuffer for next year as this year!

Yay on the new TV! Is it in any way a "smart TV" or just super basic? What size is it? We have Roku that is built into our TV and it is great. We can use it for YouTubeTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+ and HBO Max. We split some of those with our kids. Pretty much endless TV options! I love that you and your DH enjoy your TV time so much. I can see doing something like that with my DH one day when his schedule is easier. We do watch certain series together from time to time but we always run way behind because of work hours etc.

I *love* that you are coming back around more now!

Lori- It was scary to 'cut the cord' and DH really dragged his feet. Our compromise was to keep our cable while also using YouTubeTV and then once he felt comfortable (we have a long free trial) we canceled cable. Have not missed cable one bit!

All- Exercise: not sure what my commitment to this will be. I have a couple of goals/intentions already planned but don't want the list to get too long.

Trig- Sorry you are feeling a little rough today. Hopefully you are feeling better as the day goes on. We love our Roku too!

Jaz- Hope your day went well and you got your errands done!

•••••••••••

I just have a few minutes before the evening kicks off here. I'm in a cozy new set of jammies (Cuddl Duds I bought for myself-- soft and cute!) DD and SoIL are coming over and bringing pizza dinner for all of us, and we are headed downstairs to have a family movie night to watch "Soul." We are all scared. It is supposed to be good but very thought provoking and a little sad. I have the feeling I will be sobbing but I bet most of us are anyway!

Got a big fat stack of one dollar bills for New Years Eve. One of the things we always play is LCR. This becomes very loud and rather hysterical. This is the first year that all the kids are putting money into the pot officially, so it will be more fun for DH and I if we win.

Not much else to report. Good day today, low key, a couple of errands (I only have half-time access to my car right now with both boys home and two cars between the three of us.)

Later!
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 07:24

BF:

Lori, the roku is truly a very simple installation.....it takes patience which I have none, but in the end, I got it set up way faster than I thought I would have and believe me it opens up a ton of free movies etc. so yea it is worth tackling LOL

sick of hunting talk....omg I so know Lori!! Luckily with my DH not hunting so far he is quiet on it mostly and boy I love that HAHA but I am sad he isn't having his hunt fun. oh well.

and I am SO over cooking and SO over food ya know.....too much food focus in Dec thru holiday and I am sick sick sick of food and its focus. Plus I am super bored just like you are! This cold weather and limited social action for gyms, stores and out and about is truly a PIA of epic proportions.....I feel ya on all of it

Jazz.....wow I am like you.....just said to hubby that anything under about 75 is a joke to me and is damn near jacket weather and hell yea into the 50s suck....lower is worse....even 60s are too darn chilly for me HAHA

Kid is 'just being'....omg I feel for all the young'ins stuck in this horrible situation and even worse for the 'new young adults' wanting to thrive and be part of life now full speed, just so limited etc.....really is a PIA but it is what it is for their time ya know, adapt, bob and weave, we ain't truly got anything else ya know

Nicco.....you got your final holiday fun handled and set up for NY Eve...cool
yea I am better....got the herbs outta me LOL and just back to normal now.

never heard of Soul.

ohh, you nice sharing your ride LOL

Hey Blue, hope all is good

Nothing new doing here.
cold, blah, PIA winter time

eating zc and holding well. got me some cravings but working thru them, mostly be saying oh hell no and walking out of the house into the cold to run from the kitchen LOL

I TRULY NEED THIS FRICKIN' HOLIDAY SEASON OVER......Jan. 2 to me it is ALL over.....the food focus and 'party atmosphere' and in full truth, I need this damn holiday time over and done and gone.

Come on Jan. 2 LOL

but I am functioning ok mostly thru it.....I bought fancy popcorn with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, smores, peppermint flavor and more and darn if this crap wasn't super expensive and kid and hubby powered thru it so fast.....they want more. hubby is like kiddo inhaled most of it, now buy me more of that delish stuff please and I am like.....damn......just shut the hell up about friggin crap! You had some, it is gone, shut the heck up now HAHA

oh well....can ya tell I am heading into a mood, Jan 2 can't come fast enough for me

I did my walk tape yesterday....wee...doing well but now my instep area of both feet are sore, just a little, that achey, so taking today off and hitting a 3 mile tape tomorrow. So far so good, still interested HAHA

local store has NY Strips on low sale and a moderate sale price on snow crab legs. buying alot of steaks today and a few packages of snow crab.

over and out and be good all
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 07:26

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling much better today....thank goodness. I had plans to get to the grocery store around 6:30 this morning, but I didn't wake up until after 6! No worries.....shot-gunned a cup of coffee and was there and back by 7:30. No one else was there.....love it. Back to my sleeping so well.....I started taking 5 mg of Melatonin about 1/2 hour before I'm ready to go to bed. I fall asleep MUCH faster and don't wake up in the middle of the night. I have noticed having more vivid dreams sometimes....nothing scary so far. Loving not laying there tossing around trying to get to sleep.

I'll get a walking video in at some point today. I got my new DVD with the 5 day plan, so I have to see if I want to start that or do one of the YouTube ones I have saved. So glad to be feeling better today! I think I'll also get brave and try the Roku. Just so I have the TV back by the time DH gets home. He is even less Tech savvy than I am. We're a good pair.

DH is getting ready to go hunting....AGAIN!! Sigh......Not sure what we'll do for dinner. I just spent $$$ at the grocery store and am thinking about getting take out....

No plans for New Year's Eve here. We very seldom do anything special. I'll go to bed by 9 just like usual. I got a big pork roast to make on NY's day.....we eat pork & sauerkraut for good luck on NY's day.....Lord knows we need all the luck we can get for the new year!

Be well, my friends.
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 07:53

BF:

Lori you got your dvd already? Mine says delivery is coming around Jan 4.....you did great LOL

yea I wanted to take down all outside xmas stuff and hubby was like, nope, not til after New Years cause of bad juju....omg! I am dying to put that crap away and not see any more decorations at all LOL

I do the same. come home wiht food and kid says what ya got to eat and I say XYZ and she says 'you shopped didn't ya?' and I said yea but you don't eat what I buy and then it is like, take out is so friggin' easy instead of dealing with what to eat or cooking....I so get that!

It is 9....waiting on 12 to do hair cut and then hit store but I am bored out of my mind right now...........OK, brush teeth etc and go to store now cause I am in the mood to move and get it done, so outta the house I go......you got me fired up, you were out and back and I am just sitting here waiting.....heck no, out I go LOL

let ya'll know how my steak and crab foray goes
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 09:22

BF:

saved $83.96! yes I bought that much NY strips and I hit a ton of great meat at a low sale price and scored.

I feel 'safe' in my freezer now LOL

crab legs, Rick my butcher guy who is a friend now made me 3 packs of 'big fat legs' from the cases and he set me up great....still that price, omg too costly but my meat savings covered my legs LOL

I gave Rick 4 giant big old trout, full body frozen and he was in his glory! Yes we trade take care of each other on meats and he takes care of me at the store alot! Rick said he is heading up to Cherokee to trout fish in middle of Jan....said he has to cause his is down to 2 trout left and has plans to eat them soon, he loves the suckers HAHA

oh well, I scored and very happy

making chili for family for later
got a giant roaster chicken in oven for tonight for hubby and kid and then any leftover I will make chicken/mayo and eat it up....won't waste it.

I am in food heaven right now HAHA
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 10:53

BF:

Man, I have energy today! Did the grocery store run, came home and stripped the bed, washing sheets and all other laundry. Did an indoor walk workout on new DVD. Did a 1 mile walk plus ABS. Not difficult, but enough for now. Oh....and i swear I'm going to hook up the Roku today and stop whining about it!

Trig....congrats on great meat score!! Woohoo!! I got my DVD from Amazon and since I have Prime, I get stuff in a day or 2. I like the workouts and will start the Monday thru Friday plan next week. You can create your own workout which is what I did today. Fun!

Dryer is chiming and I must go remake the bed and then hit the shower. Have good days!
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 10:56

BF:

Trig- Great news on stocking up! Smart girl, you are, with the trout for the meat guy. YAAAS QUEEN!!

Lori- Glad you are feeling well- the good night of sleep probably helped as well.

Hey Jaz and Blue!

Not much to report. Feeling sort of bored and aimless. I'm going to go for a walk in a while but I had a bunch of coffee so I won't get far unless I wait!

Other than that.. more of the same. Meh.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 14:28

BF:

As predicted, had a nightmare with the Roku. Stupid Dish is the problem. I got the Roku hooked up no problem, but then could not get back to my Dish Satellite service. On the phone with them for 45 minutes to no avail. Finally somehow got Dish back(have no idea what button or combo of buttons did it). Now it appears that I just have to unplug my DISH receiver from the HDMI port and plug in the Roku when we want to use it. Not a problem, just a bit of a pain. When I press the input button on remote, it does not give me the option of all my HDMI ports.....just weird. Of course the Techs I had on the phone were nearly impossible to understand and wanted me to do everything but stand on my head and try different things.....unplug this, try a different cord etc etc. No......it worked fine 10 minutes ago.....the cord is fine!!! ARGHH!!!! I may cancel our current Dish service and sign up with a local place that will actually come to the house and fix stuff. We have older equipment and they told me that we could get an upgrade.....they would send me all the receivers etc and then I could hook them up. No.....I am not a Tech and should not have to deal with all that mess. I'm too old for this crap!!! Remember the days of service when someone who knew what they were doing would actually come to your house and help you??? I guess those days are gone.

At any rate, I think I have it figured out for now. It's not ideal, but it will do. I had to pop open a beer after all that stress!