Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-01, 13:36

Plan:
Stats: 218/206/170
BF:
Progress:
Wink Caught Me RedHanded Lurking...

But emptyhanded! Smile...Could be worse, I could be toting a delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie full of Carbs!

Hi Guys, Want you to know I love your site, I appreciate you all having this here for us.

I love the q&a's, all the posts, such a great place to be.

So, just wanted to say hello and thanks!

Happy Valentines Day!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-01, 14:56
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

.. Welcome aboard, - glad you found us.

On the subject of chocolate chip cookies, do check out our members' recipe page - in the dessert section, you'll find a yummy lowcarb version, as well as cheesecakes and lowcarb Nanaimo bars too.

You're partway to goal weight I see. Congrats on the lbs. already lost. Which program are you following?? Lots of folks here are doing Atkins, a fair number of Protein Power devotees, and some CAD'ers as well.

Have fun exploring the whole site, there's lots of info. And post often, I hear it's great for the weight loss ..

happy lowcarbing,
Doreen

p.s. - your nickname just begs an explanation!! 'Fess up.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-01, 09:31

Plan:
Stats: 218/206/170
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Doreen

Thanks for the welcoming.

I am an Atkid! I am currently on Day 44, so my loss has been slow...

I gave in a couple times to being bad...too many carbs, due to frustration, but I have been back on the wagon.

I was just disappointed, no sign on the sticks, being very good with the carbs..(even hidden ones)...so I CHEATED!

I read, and reread the articles etc...and my motivation returns....

I am PATIENT *hands on hips*...LOL, I will look good by my birthday in June...! LOL

Now as for the Handle.....I am just spoiled, My own doing of course...WE women deserve it!!

I was deciding whether to use that ~Spoiled~ (handle used elsewhere) or use my TAG....You would of definately asked then what that meant...~I DID NOT~ Laughing...

Have a great day Doreen

#19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-01, 10:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking LOL LOL LOL

My birthday is June too, I thought I could spot another Gem.

I am struggling along with similar things ..... I've re-thought my goal for June ... more realistic..... Thinking more in terms of mini-goals, like a pound a week, or say average 4 to 5 lbs a month, and use something decadent like new lingerie, or new earrings as a reward, rather than a carb-laden blowout.

There are a number of other members are in the same boat ... where are you all? and how are you doing? .... we can all sure use a group "Rah-rah" ..

Take care, we all look forward to reading more posts of your success.

Doreen

[Edited by doreen T on 15-02-01 at 11:28]