Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 09:03

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Here’s What Kim Kardashian Ate To Lose 60 Pounds After Having A Baby

Like the guy who posted this on FB, I don't care a hoot about Kim Kardashian but both she and Self might send more women to Atkins. You can eat Peanut Butter Cups! those magic words and look like her. Also never go more than four hours without food. (IF is now doomed) More to article, she ate Atkins40 since she was breastfeeding.

Quote:
You don’t have to give up all your indulgences to see benefits—Kim K. didn’t.

To soothe sugar cravings, Heimowitz recommends desserts with Splenda or another sugar substitute. Kardashian herself is obsessed with Atkins’s low-carb peanut butter cups and Harvest Trail Bars. And once you’ve reached your goal weight, you can go up to a higher-carb plan. Even 100 grams per day is still great, since Americans typically consume 200-300.

That said, none of this means the diet won’t test your willpower. Losing 60 pounds isn’t smooth-sailing for anyone—not even Kim Kardashian. Her secret? Don’t skip meals or go more than four hours without food, says Heimowitz. “Even if you’re not hungry, eat a little,” she says. “Eat three meals and two snacks a day, and you’re less likely to lose your resolve.”

http://www.self.com/trending/2016/0...r-having-a-baby
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 09:12

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Luckily I don't get my health advice from Self magazine or from Kim Kardashian. Even dietdoctor.com reported on Alyssa Milano eating low carb. Apparently some people are interested in celebrities and what they eat. I am not one of them.

Jean
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 09:36

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I read about her diet too, which included two Atkins bars a day. I thought maybe she was looking for an endorsement deal. She could use some more exposure and moolah.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 19:45

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Well, I will say I have seen this type of story before I started low carb only three weeks ago and was always skeptical. Part of the skepticism was actually about the fake foods, but I was also of course on the high fat is bad for you train. Now that I have been reading and living this, I know how wrong I was. It's a shame the article went into the fake food aspect.

For me, though i have found some low blood sugar episodes as I adjust. In my reading, it's because I had become insulin resistant and it will adjust in time. Meanwhile, I do sometimes need a snack to get blood sugar up. This may not be bad advice for a low carb newbie with very high carb before.

Incidentally, I don't care about celebrities, but love Self Magazine.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 20:10

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Whatever floats her boat...but you can't tell me that all the plastic surgery and suctioning out and injecting in doesn't rearrange things...LOL
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-16, 07:35

Plan: Atkins Diet plan
Stats: 352.9/177/130 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 79%

A lot of magazines and network news are just a rumor

They are warring fat to make low or free , keep low protein and keep high carbs

so will increase the weight ..

but in the fact of superstars they are not eating more and some others use Atkins without telling them secret how to keep as thin or graceful.

My country do diet a high carbs and low fat they are looking to calorie not looking to the net carbs

and if you visit our market or shop you won't see Atkins center as USA or Europeans for any low carbs center and a lot of doctors not use low carbs and not allow to any person fat or diabetics to use Atkins...

but if you visit Kuwait or Bahrain country you'll lesson to Dr. Dashti he follow Atkins diet

greetings,,