Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 09:55

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 167/143/135 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Talking 10 POUNDS in 11 days

I have lost 10 pounds in 11 days. Sorry, on my profile I put 12/3 as my start date, it was actually 11/26. Anyway, I am starting out great. Can I expect the weight loss to maintain this level or will it taper off? I need to be prepared, as I have read so many stall postings. I have been in ketosis (use the strips) for the most part since day 3.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 11:05

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

WTG thin2win Welcome to LC and to lowcarb.ca.

10 lbs in 11 days is great; and yes you can expect it to slow down after Induction is over. We lose a lot of water weight at the beginning of this WOE which is why the first two weeks the losses are higher than the remainder. However, you were also losing body fat. Body fat loss is safest at 2 lbs a week for women and 3 lbs for men. Slowing down is normal and desireable. If you lost all the weight in a month you'd learn nothing and end up right back where you started. Slowing down allows you to develop new tools so that once you lose the weight you'll be able to keep it off permanently. That is what this WOL is about, after all. Permanent fat loss.

Take a peak around the place and be sure to stop by the "Low Carb Tips" section (across the top of every page in orange highlight) of the forum as well as the members' journals area for some menu ideas.

Just a comment on the 'stall postings'. A true stall is defined as 6 weeks of no scale loss and no inches lost; many people will panic if they do not lose anything for one or two weeks. The pauses your body takes while losing fat are normal and quite common; the same thing happened when you gained it. It didnt just pile on one day This is why it's advisable to take measurements with a tape measure when you start out. LCing encourages muscle building and fat loss; replacing fat with muscle will result in a smaller you who weighs the same. Remember, the scales will often not tell the whole story.

Glad to have you with us, keep up the good work,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 11:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Thin!! U are off to a great start. Im sure I lost at least 10 pounds too during induction. I was lucky because I had a steady weight loss after that of usually 2 pounds a week. I had a couple short stalls..lasted maybe 10 days but then the following week I would lose 3 pounds. Everyone is effected differently tho. There are lots lose 20 pounds within 6 weeks but then have a month where the scale wont but BUT they will be losing inches. Make sure to drink lots and lots of water and take some vitamins.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 17:23

Plan: Looking in to Dr. Atkins
Stats: 195/195/150
BF:
Progress:
Default what were your meals like????

Hello,
I hope to follow your path. Tomorrow I will start the Induction Plan, and was wondering what you mainly ate. Any tips?????

Thanks
E&J
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 17:26

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Congrats Thin2Win - you are off to a marvelous start!

The incentive is all in the front end of this WOE, so take a real good look at all the other benefits, they'll help you stick with it on days when the scale doesn't move.

And remember, the longer it takes to come off (and it NEVER takes as long to come off as it took to put on!!!) the more likely it will stay off FOREVER
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 09:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi E&J

I ate and still do alot of eggs...they seem to be my comfort food. Any kind of meat with alot of fat is good. LOL I fried everything. If U get tired of salad...some cooked green beans or brocoli is good too.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 19:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

WOW,
This is so motivating to me to be reading of these great successes, I may have not started yet, but just by reading these messages has motivated me more to start lowcarbing tomorrow. I been debating this for so long and been trying to stick to my low fat diets but can't. I know all about lowcarbing through buying books and researching online but I was just too nervous about starting it and not being successful. But after reading these posts, I am convinced, that I can and will make it to my goal weight.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 15:16

Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default FANTASTIC START!!!

Just don't get discouraged or panic(like I did ) when things slow down. When you least expect it ...... another lb or 2 will come off!!

CONGRATS!! Keep up the good work!!

Ellie
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 08:20

Stats: 167/143/135 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Cool Thanks for the replies!!

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I am not big on the internet (because I am on the computer all day at my job), but this looks like a great support group. Too bad we can't weigh in on-line. Talk about accountability. Anyway, is it okay if I kind of just stay on induction for a while??? I am afraid that if I start adding carbs, I will fall off the wagon and start stuffing bread and potatoes in my face.....