Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-20, 09:16

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Post New Again? Re-Introduction

When I logged in today, the forum said the last time I logged in was April 2016!

So I thought I should re-introduce myself, and talk a bit about what I am dealing with now.

In January 2012 I weighed my max weight at 246.8 and decided to start the LCHF diet. I began posting on the forum and found it a wonderful help and support.

It took me about 2 years, but I lost 92 lbs! My lowest weight was 154.8 lbs. Yay! You can read my success story here - https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...11&page=1&pp=15

However, I suck at diet maintenance, plus dealing with a two-year-long bout of shortness of breath from walking more than a few steps, and severe arthritis in my shoulder, making it difficult to sleep - and yes, feeling very sorry for myself, sadly I put it all back on. I maxed out at 245.8 again...

So I got the shortness of breath in control, and my shoulder replaced, and I have been trying very hard to get back to my LCHF diet. I lost 20 lbs. Then I had Covid-19 for 12 weeks, and that really knocked me off my feet!

I know I can do it, I have done it before, despite having a ton of allergies, that made many of the low-carb foods off-limits for me. But I created my own list of foods I COULD eat - and I stuck to it.

So now we add a new wrinkle... My gallbladder is acting up, and I cannot eat hardly any fat - or I get severe diarrhea. Plus I am now allergic to the eggs that were a staple of my diet the first time around.

So did that mean I had to give up the LCHF diet? Nothing other than low carb will help me lose weight.

I did some research online and found several sites saying YES, you CAN do Keto and low fat - so I figure I just have to work out what works for me.

Right now my goal is 50g fat and 50 grams of net carbs a day - although right now, I am at 30g fat and still experiencing symptoms.

I am not going to go as low carb as I did last time (10-12g net carbs), and yet it does seem to be working so far. I have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks.

However, if anyone has experience with gallbladder and low carbs and knows more, I welcome any and all advice.

Last edited by CWatt : Mon, Jun-15-20 at 10:01. Reason: weight change
Sponsored Links