Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 20:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/162/145 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 60%
Smile Greetings All

Greetings fellow LCC (Low Carb Canadians)
I am a second time Aktins follower-I fell off the wagon last fall when the days became shorter, nights longer and a Tim Horton's double chocolate donut could cure all. My energy decreased and my weight increased. It is now time to recalibrate my carb cravings!
I am looking for Canadian resources as many stores are no longer with us as well as the wise words from you to stay on the chosen low carb path!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 16:32

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Hi Vidya777 and welcome, from the Island! I'm not much help for low-carb resources - most of what I use is found on the perimeter of the grocery store with a side-trip into the bulk bins for things like ground almonds. They tell me that the Low Carb Grocery in Ontario is good and tries to keep shipping costs to a minimum, but I don't use wraps or pastas - just some DaVinci syrups as a special treat once in a while in my (decaf) coffee.

If you're ever planning a trip to Victoria, please let us know - we have a small low-carb group who meet for lunch or dinner every month and we love to welcome visitors!

Glenda
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 16:50
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Welcome LC agent 777!

So true about the long dark days. It's hard to get motivated when the sun's down before 7:00.

Did I hear someone say Tim Horton's...sorry got side tracked. I love that strong canadian coffee eh!

Welcome to the forum! Have a fun journey. Look forward to your posts.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 20:38

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Welcome Vidya - glad you found the Canadian forum.... I'm sorry to tell you that there are very few LC products available in BC any more - not that they are all that good for you in the first place.

I echo Glenda's invite if you are ever over this side of the pond.

Julie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-21-08, 06:57

Stats: 188/162/145 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 60%
Smile Thank-U!

Thank-you thank-you all for the warm welcomes ( and invite to visit the other side of the pond -I was just in good old Vic over spring break-had a very lovely time!). I love all your quotes AND enthusiasm! Looking forward to LC conversations!