Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 18:03

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 173/173/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New need buddy

Hi my name is Jan. I have done LC diets on and off but never been able to stick with it for very long, love those carbs! I know LC diets work and am desperate to fit back into my clothes again and feel better about myself.

I am sure having a buddy would help. I am 5.9 and 173 pounds. I would like to get down to about 145. I am on my first day....again )

Thanks,
Jan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 07:21
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default i would love to be a buudy

I would love to be a buddy I have benn LC since 7-22-02 and sucessfully got to goal before getting pregnant and nursing my little girl. If you want to find out more about me check out my jounal and you should start one too. It helps kepp you more honest/accountable of sorts thopugh really only to yourself

Lokk forward to talking with you Hang in there you can do it

Rebecca
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 09:53

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

janmk66
Hard to keep LC-ing walking those Jersey board walks in
Seaside and Pt. Pleasant
I started really LC-ing the end of July also. I spent the beginning of that month weaning myself from my favorite carbs and the transfusion of sugars I always started my day with
Oh how I wish I were 5'9...i'm only 5'4 so I can't afford much
baggage
Good luck on this, your first day You can do it! We're all
here for you
greentea
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 10:59

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 173/173/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks for replies.....

Thanks for replying Rebecca and Greentea. I started a diary on Fitday.com which I think is great except that I can't get onto the site alot of the time.

I have been doing pretty well except for a slip last week in which I ate 170g of carbs in one day!! I guess it's kinda easy to do that though if you have rice etc. I'm limiting my carbs to below 30g a day and following the Protein Power diet.

I also bought a beginners Pilates tape, so i am trying to excercise also. Scared to weight myself at this early point.

How are you doing?

Jan
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 19:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/182/135
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi, this is great that everyone is so friendly and willing to help. I too am new at this whole thing. I've had some great results so far. I'm in my first week. I live in NJ and work full time. I eat when I'm stressed (maybe living in NJ doesn't help). Chocolate is a comfort thing for me. Totally addicted but have managed to stay away from it for a few days now.

Good luck and hope to here from you.

Lisa