Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 19:33
Registered Member

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 199/172.6/175 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 110%
Default So i weighed myself today...

and i am one pound away from my goal weight! I'm happy to have (almost) made it but i feel that i could lose some more, perhaps down to 170lbs.

Has anyone here achieved their goal weight and then revised it down after getting to that weight? Once i get to 170 i would like to focus on getting a lower bodyfat percentage but stay at 170.
I've been doing bodyweight exercises and walking/jogging for fitness right now. My biggest achievement regarding fitness is that i can now do three chinups, not a lot but a month ago i could not do one.
kAndre
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 19:54

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

My original goal was 180 pounds. I thought that seemed reasonable considering my height and I had been there in the past and I seemed ok. Of course once I got there even though I was alright with myself my doctor thought it was fine to go lower to about 165 because apparently I have a very thin frame. I got down to 167 which I then maintained at for a considerable amount of time. For a variety of reasons I ended up having some issues that made my weight drop far to low to 146 (i am six foot three! not good)...so then I made a considerable efford to actually gain back a little. Have maintained at 155 now for a couple of months and feel ok, though I am quite thin still.

Anyway my point was its you that knows your body best, so if you think you can lose a little bit more then go ahead, just make sure you are actually looking at the bigger picture of your health and not get obsessive with it.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 22:23

Plan: Maintenance since 6/08
Stats: 250/189/195 Male 70 inches
BF:Not so much.
Progress: 111%

My goal was 200 pounds, what I weighed when I was 30. I was in excellent shape, and seemed like the ideal weight. Turns out that I am now 37, and that weight is too high. I average around 181 to 185, but still have some fat to lose.

Have started working out again, but am not really sure what I will have to do to stay at this weight. I would really prefer not to get into the 170s. People that knew me at my heaviest say that I am starting to look like a concentration camp survivor. I am not, btw, but they see the huge difference and think that I am taking it too far.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-08, 13:11
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 198/168/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 79%

hey y'all!
I think most people try to set realistic goals to start with. I know i did. Then when i actually DID make it to my goal, i knew i could see if any adjustments needed to be made.

I plan to lose another 10 lbs myself, or at least fit into the next pants size down....so i am flexible on the loss.

Once i reach that pants size, that is where i will try and maintain it at... so, it's not a strange thing to readjust a goal weight at all.

I'm just ecstatic that i made it all this way!!!!! A lot of times if we havent seen that size in a long time, we are not sure what weight we should be! and it could be that if [like me] when you are older, you may weigh differently because of muscle mass....or lack thereof! LOL