Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 07:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Talking Somebody stop me!

No I'm not eating...I'm buying CLOTHES!

Having absolutely nothing to wear this summer, I got online at JC Penney and just went nutty in the Online Outlet department! $10 pants and tshirts! Jackets for $15!

Well, ladies, you know what I mean. I'm expecting my third and FINAL shipment today, and I swear....that's it!

For a while.

It's so exciting, though. Thank you, Dr. Atkins, and also everyone here on this board who have been so generous and supportive. It was a great thing for me to find all of you and share this journey.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:41

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

I won't try to stop you until you want to buy those low-slung jeans where you get a little butt cleavage. (So very tired of seeing young ladies' behinds).
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:53

Stats: 303/270/220 Male 6'2"
BF:yummy
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia52
I won't try to stop you until you want to buy those low-slung jeans where you get a little butt cleavage. (So very tired of seeing young ladies' behinds).

I'm not
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:14

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

LOL well what about the bellies hanging out over the front????
LOL

I know my boys 16 & 20 think it is gross!

Not about to stop you $$$$ Pam you go girl you deserve it!!!

Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:24

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

the best thing i find now is to be able to not only shop in the regular size clothes dept. - woo hoo!

now i actually like to try on clothes. i detested trying on clothes when i was heavy with a passion.

after losing a bunch of weight - the first thing i did was go shopping and it was an adventure - i first went to the plus size section and realized they were way too big anymore - then i had to go to each section to determine where i belonged now. i must have looked like a crazy woman screaming with glee as i left each larger sized section to go to the smaller sized clothes.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:43

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Ahhh, ladies, I had the ultimate dress buying challenge recently (Okay, the penultimate...)

You can read about it in my journal:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...3037post2133037
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:45
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

I want to shop so bad. I bought myself nice pants for mother's day today, size 18. WOO HOO.

Put they had such beautiful summer dresses too. I wanted them so bad but still having some weight to lose I'm gonna wait till I hit goal and go all out with a shopping spree. I want to buy lots of summerie clothes. Dresses, shorts, sandals. OH gosh I can't wait.

I'll be doing JCPenny's too. I love that store. I'll have to shop online since they don't have one in England. Oh well!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:27

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I love being able to wear size 4 and 2. Trouble is that its sometimes hard to find them. When I was a size 12 four years ago, it seemed I never found my size! Everything seem to be size 4. Very strange. I can get in teeny, tiny skirts and low, low slung pants, and the most daring bathing suits. I keep forgetting I'm not a teenager!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 17:43
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I love shopping too. AF, you are right to wait until goal. I bought stuff that I can't even wear now that I love but looks ridiculous on me. I gave away most of it. My favourite jeans, my goal jeans are now too big for me but I still wear them even though they are clearly too big. It's gonna be hard to give them up. I had 4 goal skirts, 4 goal jeans and 1 goal dress taken in on so I didn't have to get rid of them. Even my t-shirts tops are too big. So don't buy anything unless you have too. Because even at goal you will be shrinking.

I love trying on clothes now too. For those of us who are short, don't buy capris they make u look shorter. I tried on some this weekend..ick! I looked so short.

red
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:26

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Red, LOL I agree with the capris -- don't buy them if you are short and/or have muscular legs. I look absolutely frightening in them!

Serre