Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 06:53

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 170/167/128 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hiya!

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself (hence putting this in the introduction forum). I am just starting Atkins today; however, this is not my first attempt at dieting. I have been around the block a number of times.

I have finally taken control over my eating disorder. I had anorexia in high school and then binge eating disorder for the past year and a half. Well, I have been binge free for several months now and feel that I am finally ready to get rid of the excess weight I put on.

Anways, I have been reading this forum for the past week or two and think it is amazing. I'm really looking forward to reading more and getting advice/support from such a wonderful group of people.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 06:55

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Kate and welcome!!! Good luck to you!!!

Tanya
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 08:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome.

Eating low carb has been extremely important to me for escaping EDs. It was a matter of controlling the hypoglycemia and overall poor nutrition that started it all. It sure silenced my brain! I didn't know what to do with it at first.

Best of luck.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 10:51

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi, Kate. You look mighty cute. Welcome to a good forum.

LC (Atkins) has given me a feeling of control, while enabling me to establish a livable way of eating. I'm at maintenance, committed to a low-carb lifestyle, and totally enjoying myself. That's a lot for a former yo-yo to claim.

Best wishes.
Barbara
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 12:32

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 170/167/128 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks so much everyone! The support here is going to be a huge part of my success I am sure!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 17:49

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Hi Kate! I can relate a bit, though not to the same extent. I began developing an eating disorder and then actually talked to my therapist about it and realized that I was definitely developing a problem and needed to do something about it. I would suggest that you MAKE SURE to keep in mind that you must eat if you are hungry. It sounds a bit crazy, but if you are hungry, eat. Eat until you're not hungry and stop. A lot of people are used to low-fat diets where you are hungry all the time and are limiting your intake of food and calories and have a hard time adjusting to a plan that doesn't require that of them.

You will STILL lose weight if you eat. My first go-round I ate like a pig and still lost like crazy. And it is completely possible that in adjusting to the diet you are going to be more hungry in your second or third week than you think you should be. That's perfectly fine and normal. EAT. Just stay under 20 carbs on induction.

I say all this because anyone with a history of eating disorders.. when they diet it is possible to fall back into that pattern without realizing it. Please take care and keep all of this information in consideration and you'll do wonderfully!

Congratulations on joining and I look forward to talking with you more around the forums!