Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-22, 08:13

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

DH just called me to say he got a deer. Hallelujah! No more early mornings to see him off with his hot chocolate. I don't want the meat, but I'm tired of the whole hunting thing!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-22, 14:16

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm in a total sh!t storm. No movers for tomorrow maybe. They are not returning my call and they insisted I pay them upfront.

EDIT: THEY ARE COMING!!!!!!! Who waits until 5 pm to call to confirm?!?!?!?!? Scare the crap out of me! I am just so thankful they are coming

PS- Go me lamb kabobs for dinner - last night here and there is an authentic place Greek that is amazing. Got to go.

Tomorrow will be busy- will be posting late- after it all - check back in later for my post/updates

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Dec-02-22 at 16:11.
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-22, 16:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey peeps!

Darn Jaz when you said you paid them upfront and then hadn't heard from them I was freaking out for you! So glad you did hear!

I love lamb kabobs! Yum! Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and I hope you are able to get some degree of sleep tonight!

Lori- Yay for Dh and having bagged a deer!

Oh Trig, I am so so sorry to hear about Bolt. We have been through the loss of three dogs with our kids. It is hard on them, yes, but also that part of the life cycle which you are all so familiar with, being on a farm. Hopefully Bolt will be okay through the holidays but if not, ultimately she and you all will be fine. I hope this isn't coming off as cold, Lord knows I know about the sadness. I just mean, hopefully he will but if not, Nicole will be okay. She loves him and won't want him to suffer. You know? Anyway.. I probably just totally messed up what I was trying to say, but BIG HUGS.

•••••

It has been a good day here today. I got nearly all the gifts wrapped that I had brought to wrap while here, plus two good dog walks, some reading etc. Just an all around good day. I also took my neighbor to pick up her car from the mechanic, and it was nice to do something nice for someone else.

Food etc all good. One month in and going strong. Feeling good, no idea what I weigh, don't care. Just doing the thing, one day at a time.

My back is still tight but improving. Hopefully fully resolved in the next couple of days.
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-22, 16:54

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, damn you had me on pins and needles LOL
great ya got your movers, big day tomorrow....take a deep breath, ya got this. Let us know later what goes down of course but hope all goes well.

Lori....bagged one! Bet your DH is happy about that. Hunters want that prize for all their work But like ya said, OVER now and it puts 'that insane hunting' saga away for another year.

Nicco....oh yea you said it fine I know how it is gonna have to happen and how it goes down and she will be fine. I just hate she has to be sad at Xmas time ya know. I actually thought about you and your kids and pets passing and thought, you had to deal with more emotions than I will have to But in the end it is life and we all live it for sure!!!

-----------------SO VET just called. Super duper bad bad bad. His value numbers from bloodwork are off the charts horrifying. She suggested we bring him in Monday and put him down.
OMG and kid is off with her friend at the mall. When she gets home I gotta explain this. Bolt went zombie real fast. Saw it coming but now it is 'a real deal' change in him.

Let ya know the crazy of it all once I chat up with kiddo....I don't even wanna have to do this ugh
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-22, 05:49

BF:

first to post. up early as usual

so kiddo has to get 3 french assignments done for submit today deadline. I will make sure she does that work first and then sit her down and explain on Bolt. Probably take him in Tues since me and hubby have to go to DMV monday and gets those vehicles changed over. I already activated auto ins. on them etc. Of course will 'monitor' Bolt close, if he goes super bad in the next few days Monday might be an option ya know. We are playing it day by day. Pancreatic cancer. He got a toughie that this has to be final call for the lil' guy.

Still don't wanna tell kid but they are resilient. Just sad thru it all ya know.

ok my day is this and that. bleck
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-22, 05:57

BF:

Morning- Moving day!

I was SO freking out when the movers did not return any of my calls until after 5 pm. I was thinking I was going to have to get a truck and load it up myself. I have a bad back and 3 herniated disks- it would not have been pretty.
THANK GOODNESS they finally called!

Trig- You know how I feel about your pup. I am heartbroken for you and the kiddo. I know you will get through it as we all do. But DAM it just does not get easier! HUGS- I am so sorry. But Like Nic said- we also do the right thing by our pets too when the need comes up. We don't want them to suffer.

Hiya Nic/ Lori-
-----------------------------------------------
Back after the move is over. I am coming back here. I have my computer, and small TV tray I use for my laptop. Are they called TV trays anymore?
I am also going to use my blow up bed for tonight and head out at first light tomorrow.

NO I DID NOT SLEEP. I got up to pee at 3:30 and could not get back to sleep with all this going down today. 2nd night in a row of this. Lori- I thought of you! This SUCKS! Not sleeping!

The lamb kabobs were awesome going in......... something on them though bothered me. I am such a simpler eater anymore.

Ok- back after this mess is cleared out!
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-22, 08:03

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig......Biggest hugs A rough time for the little guy and all of you too. One of the top 10 "damn hard" things we go through in this human life.

Nic.....Hope your back is feeling better today. Takes time. How long are you staying in DE? Anything fun going on in the neighborhood this weekend?

Jaz....You have a big day ahead! Are you driving all the way there with the movers and then driving back? That's a lot of road time! Are your things being moved to a storage unit or to your new place? I don't remember if the place you've rented is furnished or not? Hope all goes smoothly.

---------

I got to stay in bed until 7AM....was awesome! It took me a bit to get back to sleep after letting Gabby out at 3:30. My mind was whirling about nothing. Sigh...

I'm happy to just be able to stay in today. It's chilly & wet outside. Since DH is not hunting, he will go get Betty situated this morning. Get her OJ & toast for breakfast, refresh her soda & water for the day and make sure she has what she needs. I've been doing it every day while he's been hunting. It's not a big deal, but some days I would rather not go out in the cold at 7:30AM, you know?

I'll get a workout in at some point and that's it for the day. I need to figure out what we're going to eat next week and get a plan in place. I need to start planning each day so I don't wake up every morning and wonder what in the he!! I'll make tonight! We eat simply, but I still have to make sure I have what I need. First world problems.

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Dec-03-22 at 08:10.
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-22, 15:47

BF:

Hey Ladies!

Lori- I 100% get not wanting to go out every morning at 7:30. I would feel that way too!

Jaz- eagerly awaiting your re-check in but you may be too tired when it is all said and done. I don't even know how long the drive is! About five hours, maybe?

Trig- you already know my mind and heart are with you all. Poor sweet Bolt. We gave Sophie a nice steak dinner, maybe DD can help give him something super special. Huge hugs.

••••••••

All is well here. Drove back to MD today and will be here until Tuesday or possibly Wednesday, then heading back for activities and things over there. I am so used to the drive now and kind of enjoy it. I line up a few podcasts, stop midway to use the bathroom and Bella has become a dream traveler in her little car seat. Just super easy.

Got here and unloaded a few things ( I did a lot of xmas wrapping while there) then took Bella for a walk. She has crashed hard now! DH is playing in a poker tourney but not doing very well so will likely not be continuing into tomorrow.

Ravens game is on tmrw and I will address Xmas cards during.

Leftover pot roast soup for dinner tonight. Just hanging out with some hot chai (no sweetener or anything added, just hot tea.)
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-22, 16:17

BF:

Well- and wow what a day.

The movers were 2 hours late, then it started raining. Awesome.
IT is done and over with. I am happy though my storage unite is big enough with a tad extra space that we didn't have to SHOVE and push stuff in like the last time. I went up a space. ROUGH day though to say the least.

After 5 hours loading and driving to storage unit and unloading to the 2nd floor I am more than tire. This is my 2nd day of ZERO sleep. I feel like the walking dead.

I have internet, blow up bed, clothes for tomorrow, and my coffee pot ready to brew for tomorrow.

I have jammies on and will roll outta bed and put the last few items in the trunk and hit the road. I have the car 98% packed. Just what I am using tonight and in the morning. READY YO ROLL AGAIN!!!!!
Honestly this has happened so fast, and with all the hoops I have had to do it has been task filled days. On an emotional level I know I have not processed it all yet. It will hit me as I bounce into Charleston and wonder what I have gotten myself into.

lololol -

Tired ladies............ Personals when I recover just a bit. Tomorrow is a 6 hour travel day. No promises other than a hi I am here.

Trig- I am thinking about you and the kiddo and Bolt right now. Hoping for a gentle and easy transition for your little guy. He has been a great and good boy for you. You are honoring him by giving him dignity in his passing. HUGS and MORE hugs. We all want that dignity when our time goes ya know! Just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you and the fam.

Time to chill and watch something on my laptop.
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-22, 05:55

BF:

Thanks all about Bolt

Lori, same. I hate my early morning grocery shop. I set the car up on on high heat and hit my remote key to turn it on, toasty when I do get in it, but after that, I freeze that early making my runs. brrrr

I think you can plan up your food pretty good with an easy situation. I think you guys like us are eating a tad lighter and easier ya know. No big monster recipes Hey what about all that food delivery services? You thinking of buying some favs you guys liked and sticking in freezer....that would have ya covered

Nicco....doggie in car seat and a dream traveler. Oh yea!!
Your drive is 'just short enough' to be enjoyable...I love that!

So get the big ol' steak for your girl too When I put my QH down, Willy, I fed him a 10lb. bag of apples before. He was in apple slobber heaven and damn it is hard seeing that memory again... but in the end, we did them right on the way out is how I have to see it!

Where's my Xmas card? Huh? HAHA I stopped them long ago. Only card I would get each year was to the parents. After that no one got one LOL Fingers crossed for DH!

Jazz, girl I swear I just read a report from ya like, hmmm, long ago that same move, lol. All the crazy that accompanies it but you been there, done that. You will be ok for sure!!!

What day ya settin' out for your new digs?

-----------------told kiddo about doggie. OMG the tears. So we kept chatting thru the day on it and she is slowly accepting fate but damn ya know. We shall see how it all progresses.

cold. brrr. again, you know what I am gonna say. hate it
early spring come on

got steak and burger for today. we are just 'doing whatever' around here. kinda in that dead end funky type time going down. So today is what goes down does, move slow and whatever

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Dec-04-22 at 06:54.
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-22, 08:15

BF:

Good Morning!

I didn't crawl out of bed until 8AM! As usual, I had been up around 3:30 with the furry alarm clock and then dove back under the blankets. It sure makes my fasting easier when I stay in bed through most of it! Weight staying stable...all good. I bought a gallon of PB ice cream and have been having a dish of that every day. I'm lucky the scale is staying in range! OY!

---------

Jaz.....Woke up thinking about you today. Hope you have a good trip to your new digs. Glad you have some time before the job starts, but I know you said you have certifications or something to work on? One at a time.

Trig...Glad you got the talk over with with DD. It takes a bit to come to terms with it, I'm sure.

Nic.....How is your back doing? Hope that has resolved itself by now.

---------

I plan on doing nothing today. DH will get leftover lasagna for dinner and I'll find something easy for me. Done and done.

Be well!
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-22, 16:09

BF:

I"M HERE! 1.5 miles from Folly beach! OMG the location!
Work will be a 25-30 minute drive- over a bridge that overlooks the Marina- beautiful.

It was a 5.5 drive, after an hour finish loading the car. Then I got here was like hummmmn, there were tires, and trash and old rusty crap laying everywhere near the back door. No green space for the dog and I was like- OH HECK no!!!!!! Complete trailer trash.......I had the WRONG ADDRESS

So- the digs, spacious, LOCATION LOCATIONLOCATION. Whis it would be a bit lighter out for a bit longer so I could visit the beach! The kitchen could use a face lift, but very workable. All new super size TV's in the living room and both bedrooms. Good space for walking pooch. It is a large townhouse. They have put some money in it. I think the kitchen is the last thing to update. New washer and dryer coming Tue. Again LOCATION!

2 blocks down is a place I CAN'T wait to try. Martins BBQ- it looks amazing. Authentic BBQ- yes please. There is a Harris Teeter and Publix within a mile, Chick Fliet, Star Bucks and All the usual places including a PetSmart.

Sun going down- 5pm now. Need to finish unloading car and organize tonight. Yup- My moves are so the same. I am just going to copy and paste it for the next one! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thinking about you ladies, and how many moves I have included you on!!!!

You would be proud! After an hour of fussing around to get internet up and working, will a packed car and driving, I still went to the grocery and bought some hamburger and cooked. Bought eggs, butter, coconut milk, and a ribeye for tomorrow.

Priority for tomorrow- see the beach!

Personals tomorrow- sorry was a selfish post. I get a travel /move pass! HAHAHAH

Later! - Can't wait to tell you all about the island tomorrow!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....Thanks for taking time to check-in. Glad you made it safely and found the right address! How long did it take you to realize that you were at the wrong place? Are you taking Ruger to the beach today? I have a friend living down there and she posted on FB about a place she went that I think is near you. It looks awesome and I wanted to let you know about it. It is called "Nights of a Thousand Lights" at Brookgreen Gardens, Murrels Inlet. I'm not sure how far you are from that, but it looks beautiful in her pictures.

Trig......Hugs to you as I know you have a rough week ahead. Glad you and DD had time to talk about what's happening with Bolt and come to terms with it. Hope your stuff at the DMV goes smoothly.

Nic....I'm anxious to hear about the activities in DE. I'm sure there's lots going on with the Holidays etc. Sure sounds like a perfect neighborhood & area. Safe travels. How is your back doing?

---------

Nothing much going on here this week. Care giving duties today and then back home to my nest. I am such a hibernator! I haven't been out of the house since Friday! It's actually supposed to be quite warm this week for December. 40's & 50's! Yes, please. It's cold this morning.....right around 20 degrees.

I need to start accumulating cash for Xmas gifts this week. Easy. I bought DD a beautiful sweater and a pair of flannel sleep pants, but the Grandson's are getting cash....their favorite! DD & her family are in the Dominican Republic right now for some baseball event. Her boys are big into baseball. A lot of big name players from the Pros are there. I think they're flying home on Tuesday. She's been sending us pictures all weekend. They rented an AirB&B and it looks awesome.

Ok....time for another cuppa. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-05-22 at 05:07.
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 08:14

BF:

Hey y'all,

Apparently I didn't post yesterday. No idea why!

Jaz glad you got there safely. I am applauding you wildly for having the wherewithal to be able to then go get some food and cook for yourself! Huge kudos to you! Enjoy your explorations over the next week- I think that must be the most fun part!

Lori I can be a big hibernator too. Love it! Yesterday I only left the house to take a walk. I can often go 2-3 days without getting in my car at all. It helps that I am not big into shopping.

Trig I know there has been a lot of emotion and processing and grief going on in your home the past couple of days. You all have been prominent in my thoughts. Big hugs.

Everything is good here. Addressed xmas cards yesterday and today I will jot down the letter for DH to make copies. I'm going to do my computer time, then take a walk. I'm going with DD for a medical procedure today so I'll pick her up around 1. That's the big plan of the day.

On plan and grooving along. No scale, no weighing, just doing my thing.
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 16:13

BF:

Checking in from Beach.........

Lori- I am going to check out where you mentioned! I don't think it is far either!
Hey when I was working from home there were SO many days I didn't even bother to get dressed. I would shower up and put on a new pair of jammies and call it a day! The BEST right?!?!?!?!?

Nic- I know you are so holiday ready! You are so good with all thoe little details.

Hey you have always been great with "doing your thing" and getting it right! No worries. You do what you need to do for sure!
So I take it you are back in MD. I have lost a few days.
When do you go back to DE?!?!?!

Trig- I don't even want to ask......... Just know I am with you in heart. Whatever happened today you did with mercy and grace. I think of all the years you had him. I also know that to give a peaceful, non suffering passing is dignitiy. What we all as creatures want. Big hugs my friend. You have not checked in so I am wondering........ I know he has been on borrowed time for a red hot minute.

No other words- than thinking about you and fam. Hugssssssssssss
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am just tickled to pieces I was able to hit up the beach and get in a huge walk before the rains came this afternoon. I found some AMAZING shells and a starfish. I sent a pic but not sure if you got it. Star fish are abundant here. First time to see one. It had died or I would have tossed it back to the sea.

I walked Ruger this morning, then stopped to watch a flock of white sea gulls flying overhead and a true-Blue Bird sitting on a magnolia tree. Just amazing and beautiful here. Took me 7 min to get to the beach as I had 3 stop lights to wait on.

There is a place called Martins BBQ that came with good reviews. They also do live music on the weekend.
The beach was OMG- I was like "DANG I AM HOME". Granted not St. Simon- but so stunning just the same!
I look out over the ocean and there is some sorta pull. The sand- the waves, salt air- I am going to retired and live the beach life until end of days.

Condo- nice, older, spacious, lots of space. Again a bit older needs a face lift but very clean and furnishings are wonderful.
HUGE I mean HUGE wall TV's with all the cable I could want!
So workable. Location Location

Found Ruger a daycare the lady who owns the only one on the island happens to be my next-door neighbor! Can you believe that????? She worked in Ruger and bypassed a 6 month waiting list.

All is falling into place...... knocking on wood and thanking the man upstairs with thanks!

Now next hurddle- the actual job............. but hey I have a few recoup and chill days until!

WOE- went to store and stocked up on chicken, steak, hamburger, hot dogs, and coffee. I am good for a minute. I am just in disbelief- I am really here and this is really happening.

Ruger on the other hand seems a bit needy and lost. He did love the beach this morning and went right back to when I got him and took him to the beach. He was running, digging, splashing. I thought to myself- what a muddy mess he is- good for him, and thank goodness for seat covers!

Time to chill and watch something good! Had hamburger from leftover, orginized the kitchen, and feeling way more settled! I mean, I am in Charleston!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Dec-05-22 at 16:19.
Closed Thread