Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-22, 04:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

wow Jazz on that possible hospital job on an island...super cool opportunity for sure. kinda like it might just fall into your lap

Nicco....yea yea I should buy a new 'puter but I have this underlying challenge. HOW LONG can I keep this old Dell going? Kinda like a pet project of mine. Key is Microsoft Edge opens but won't show any of my favs or connect me to sites? not sure on that one LOL but I can open in Chrome but none of my stuff is there ya know.....had to reset up this forum and other junk. PIA. Not sur what move I will make. Might call my VP Computer Company bro Rich and ask what happened to my Edge? I mean one second working, next nope? WTH? ugh

but yea sooner than later I am gonna have to get a new one but darn, I love this one. Plus the battery is gone on this. lasts like 20 mins. tops and shuts down so I have to stay plugged.

Yes, soon, one day, new 'puter will have to happen

Lori, hope all going well.

---------------fast check in. hubby to Chiro first thing this morn. Kid school. Then hubby home to take stuff to nursing home for his mom that she requires. He got some pants and other from her house which I washed last night and got all fresh. Then he is gonna go to her heart Dr appt with her so he will be gone good part of the day thru all this. Me, chores. bleck.

too cold. just too DARN COLD...ugh

oh Nicco on meat loaf it is just the shape I guess one can say. I do meat. Eggs. Done. Salt after. Nothing else.....so just burger with egg but hey I get to call it a meatloaf it I make that shape HAHA
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-22, 04:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic.....Good luck with your procedure today. Hope all goes well.

Trig....So DD is ready to decorate, huh? Oh man....I just can't be bothered, or as the British say, I can't be arsed. I watch some British YouTubers and I get a kick out of some of their sayings.

Jaz.....Just keep thinking about that island and the beach. It would be so awesome if you could get a position at the new facility on Kiawah! Are you going to be a floor nurse in Charleston, or discharge planning? Just wondering what your duties will be......maybe you don't know until you get there? You'll roll with it, I know.

---------

Freakin' 21 degrees this morning. How am I going to make it thru the Winter? Then there is DH who loves this cold weather. I think he's mentally ill. Rifle deer season is coming up on Saturday for 2 weeks and he's hoping for cold, cold weather. WTH is wrong with the man?

Meeting "M" at Betty's at 10 and then I'll be back home. I haven't done a workout in 3 days, so I have to get that done today. I think I'll come home from Betty's, do my workout, get a hot shower and some lunch and then I'll dive back under my fuzzy blanket for the afternoon. This will be my life for the next few months. Sigh......

That's it from here. Me complaining about the cold. You'll be hearing a lot of that.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Nov-21-22 at 05:03.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-22, 05:51

BF:

didn't need call to computer expert bro.
back to say kiddo fixed it in a nano-second.
back on, full speed, oh hell yea my ancient laptop is the bomb HAHA

you and me both Lori about the cold....Jazz too, Nicco, hmm, she does have some cold adapting bones in her body somewhat more than the 3 of us

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Nov-21-22 at 08:19.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-22, 10:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Great news on the computer, Trig! DD earned her keep!
LOL on the meatloaf.

Lori- I'm sitting here under a heated blanket with cold feet, so I get it!

Jaz, the location sounds absolutely gorgeous so I am really hoping this all comes through for you. When does DS arrive? I know you said two days for him. You have a lot to do!

You will get everything packed up. You are just one person and have moved enough that I can't imagine you have a crazy amount of stuff accumulated.

I'm back home and all went well. Cozied up under a heated blanket. I'll let you know more in an email when I know more myself.

Down 1.2 this week but slooooow as molasses. Lost a pound from tu-we last week and then it took the whole rest of the week to budge that .2 but it is what it is. Feeling slimmer and energy and such is good, and that counts for a lot!

DS24 and wife coming in Wednesday. They will be at our house Wed night and then her house for Th night, then I think they head back to NYC. DS20 still hasn't told us when to expect him or how long. I expect Dd and SoIL to be in and out as they are local.

Rest today and then we'll see how things are feeling tomorrow. On plan for the day. Hugs!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-22, 16:08

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hiya!

Add me in to the "NO THANK YOU COLD WEATHER"! Waiting on Spring!
I was slamming today, more stuff to do. Just when I cross off something, another thing "appears on my TO DO LIST.
More on that in a second!

Nic-
I have totally missed what you had done other than "something that wanted you to take in sugar- I tried to back read and missed it. Email- I am curious. Anyway- I have all is well,,,,,,,,,,,
Glad you are home and snuggled.

Whoot on 1.5 down. I swear sometimes it takes a nano second to put it all on and a light year to take it off! OMG yes on that.

Wow how did it feel to write DS and WIFE!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha
Ya I expect your DD and SIL to be in an out. Funny that the "boy" has not firmed up plans. He is really shining this year!
I am lost as to where you are having Thanksgiving. I feel it is all I can do to know what time it is, what day it is, where do I need to be situations. HAHAAHA

Lori- Girl cold is cold!!!!!!!!! Love my warm and fuzzies.
I find it funny you are wondering how someone could venture out in the cold to find their passion sport!!!! HAHAHAHA Golf anyone!!! LOl

How did your pie turn out? Beef and noodles!? Yum. I am a shocked how much Betty loves that. Can see why though! I will be a pizza girl to the very end!

I am sure you will find your groove with those work outs!

Trig-
- WHOOT on Dd coming along pressing a button and keep on rolling. I was in stitches!

What are you making for the holiday- for petes sake get you some crab legs girl!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Got 5 things off the LIST crossed off.

However, I have been back and forth with this gal over the apt/ condo and more and more stuff is sending red flags. She did not tell me the condo was third floor, or that she adjusted the contract twice- both wrong. I just feel like I am not going to deal with her. If I have to "correct money" twice, and she wanted me to JUST SIGN THE CONTRACT.......... no thank you. Taking a pass.
SO........ back to looking again. Not into it. I feel something Right is going to present itself!

I do feel though that this time around has had more stress than any other move, assignment, just issues front to back. Stressed out. I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come with my assignment.
I have NO idea where they are sticking me or what I will be doing. How is that for I just have NOT a clue. It's basically- here go here and check in.

It will work - I have faith. At least I will try it.

Ok- going to prop up feet.

Packed one box today. hahahahahah

4/5 down from rails- and doing well.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Nov-21-22 at 19:01.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-22, 06:02

BF:

Jazz, keep on truckin'....you are the type that falls into a pile of manure and comes up smellin' like roses a good luck trait to own if ya ask me HAHA

Nicco...sounds like you got a revolving door of what ifs and how long family is staying you of course will handle it all well.

congrats on 'feeling' better....that is key. scale means squat in full truth, daily well being is the bomb when one 'feels' it ya know....more power to you.

Yes....my hubby has been irked at me on tons of purchases. He is like buy new computer, buy a new metal detector ya want, buy new friggin' shoes, buy new this and that and in full truth I don't wanna. I got no use for stuff anymore. Gonna be the 'weirdo person' who uses their crap to the bitter end. Don't get me wrong tho, when it is over for stuff it is over and into the garbage it goes and a new one bought....til then nope. I know it pisses him off to no avail HAHA Yes. I accept it. I am 'that person' and others around me don't get me one bit HAHA

Lori what's doing? Did your hubby love your pie?
hubby same. Cold weather for hunting for sure. He hates deer stands where the skeeters eat him alive

-------simple day here.
declutter time coming. kid buying clothes and not getting rid of enough. over fill time and it is driving me insane. hubby the same way. they both have like 3 times the clothes I have. and I 'feel I got enough' easily but they are crazy.

next days hefty big garbage bags coming out and momma is walking this house and if it ain't nailed down or 'they' did not put their crap away....gonzo. Yup. ANY CLUTTER I start to 'see and feel' is dealt with in strict punishment, simple as that. I can't have this crap around me. I need clean, open, empty lines around me. And that is what I will regain.

after New Year I am ordering a small cubic debris truck to be parked and I am throwing out the world. I can't take it anymore, crap has to go HAHA

It is their stuff. They buy and buy and then dump it for me to move it around the house or put it up....well I am over that now.

ok bit manic I am sure reading that but I got a mission. Nothing stops me from my missions

over and out be good all
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-22, 07:27

BF:

Good Morning!

I got up at 5 and let Gabby out and then went back to bed until 7:30! It was heaven. Not much doing today as I don't have wheels. We dropped my car off at the mechanic last night....getting inspected today. They'll call me sometime this afternoon and we'll go pick it up.

We have a guy putting a liner in our chimney and he came yesterday afternoon with a helper and got the liner put in, but it was after dark until he left. He'll be back today to do some finish work. Good-bye $2000. What are you gonna do? It needed to be done for a long time and I'm glad we finally did it. The guy that cleans our furnace said we really needed to do it as when he cleans there was a lot of debris and old mortar falling down. I guess you can't expect more out of a 170 year old chimney!

-----------

Trig....Yay for decluttering! When I get in that "zone" I make stuff fly! I got rid of SO much stuff last winter when I thought we were going to have to move. I love having room in my kitchen drawers and cupboards! Yes....the pie was a big hit! So creamy and delish. I actually had 2 pie crusts defrosted, so made a 2nd one on Sunday. BIL enjoyed having a slice when he was here on Saturday too.

Nic....Hope you're feeling good today after your procedure yesterday.

Jaz.....I'm sorry your housing in Charleston fell through. Best to go with your gut and if it doesn't feel right.....back out and look for something else. I hope that something else falls into your lap today.

-----------

That's it from here. Just snuggled under a blanket. I'll crawl out at some point and do my exercise video of the day and get a shower.

Sunny & 25 degrees here.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-22, 07:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- OMG you have a way with words that keeps me in stitches. Funny thing is I can "HEAR" all of you talk in your posts! That Charleston was priceless in that way as well!
Backing up the truck and having a dump fest? LOLOLOLOL Vicious cycle I tell ya.
I am the same way though. I am so over "stuff". Being a mover and living a gypsy life for the last few years, it is amazing to me just how little one needs to feel they are living the "good" life. Pillows and good shoes rank up there. High end coffee and food and I am good to go!

I keep stuff until it falls apart, then I might still keep it. Case in point my FAVORITE shirt is worn with a few holes on the edges. To look at me this morning one would think I am homeless. I got this shirt 7 years on my very first trip to Charleston after I moved to the south. It was scorching hot, and I only brought POLYESTER with me. I ran into a Walmart and grabbed 3 of the lightest weighted tee shirts of cotton I could find. They are baggy, and you can read a newspaper though them. I wear them under my sweatshirts as an extra layer they are so soft. I get it, holes and all!

Funny you got a spender, and you are the "tightwad". You just keep it that way and you will be in fine shape down the road!

Lori- Hey there lady. You are quiet lately! I know you are missing your game. I am missing it for you!

How did your pie turn out? I bet amazing!
Did BIL leave and all was good? I am sorta out of the loop the last few days here!

Nic- How are you feeling? I still am not sure what you had "done". But whatever IT was, I hate to have things DONE to me!
Glad you are home and doing well and prepping for the "kids". They will always be the "kids" won't they. Then kids have kids, and they are just ALL KIDS! HAHAHAHAHAH

What are you making food wise?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Today: I have my list!
1. Housing still an issue
2.) go online and request DC utilities, services, internet ect....
3.) 2 tests to go - competencies. Another Pharmacology- WTH?!
I passed the first one???? Oh well....... stupid hoops to jump through
4.) PACK and PACK and PACK - as much as I can.
5.) my son comes tomorrow....... another foot under me.... But I might put him to work. I won't see him again until Spring......
6.) I need to get an emissions test (GA money grab) next week to get my tags before I leave. They are good for 90 days and my tags are due Jan. Needs to be done in GA! Always a hand out for something!
7.) TAKE DOWN MY TREE and Stockings........... Oh well next year.

Then I have to figure out what I am going to put in my fridge - as it is empty, and I forgot that the stores will be closed Thursday. You get how thrilled I am by all this!

WOE- on target 100%

Later gators time to get this party started!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-22, 10:05

BF:

Hey gals!

Jaz- Bummer about being back to up in the air over housing. I hope you are able to find something satisfactory and quickly. I 100% agree that you need to put your son to work doing some packing and stuff. It isn't a great time to come but if he is, then he can be useful while he chats your ear off. You guys make me laugh about how you two can talk. I would DIE. lol

Trig- yeah I totally get it on hanging on to stuff - we still have original fridge in house (over 22 years old) and garage (older than that!) and kept using our kitchen oven for 4 years with the door falling open. lol But I tell ya, for all the joy and enjoyment I get out of my computer, after a handful of years that suckers gets replaced. I use it daily, hours per day, and it brings me joy. But we all have to take measure of those things for ourselves!

Lori- at least with you all putting $$ into your house you know it is yours and will forever stay in your family! Maybe that makes it a bit more palatable. YAY for getting some longer sleep!

What happened with the Dr and the house? Is he locked in on it yet?

•••••••••••••

Thanksgiving for me is ALWAYS at my SIL's house. That being said we are running them out of space as a group and so the time will eventually come when we will all be parting ways I guess. It makes me sad to even think about it! I think we will be 24 this year. I always bring hot artichoke dip and fruit. I get off easy!

Feeling pretty good today. No major pain, just some minor discomfort. Scale bumped up 2 pounds which is probably expected after anesthesia etc. I am so proud of myself that I did not comfort myself yesterday with junky food. I also didn't use it as an excuse to F-it going into the holiday. Go me! Taking one day at a time.

Pretty laid back day today, by design. I have done a couple of loads of laundry and will run the small light vac in the kitchen/hall etc today. I'll have DH run the heavier vac for me tonight. I'll wipe down the bathrooms too- nothing major or hard core. Not putting a lot of worry into the home- it stays pretty neat and that is good enough.

Update on Bella the dog, just because: she has become more people oriented with Sophie not around anymore. She is sweeter. Listens better (overall.) Still not a cuddly girl but that is just not her nature. I guess we all just appreciate each other more. We think about another dog from time to time but it sure is easy going back and forth with just the one.

Edited to add- DS24 called last night and he has been accepted to Univ of FL law school. I think it is ranked somewhere in the early 20s. Not sure what money they are giving him yet- that info comes later. So far he has been accepted at two safeties- AZ and FL. They could end up anywhere though!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-22, 18:29

BF:

Back for updates!

OMG NIC your toe nails would curl if you how much and what me and the son talk about. It is amazing what we say- I mean, wow when I think about it. Both of us are single, so that comes up a bit. Granted we are on different spectrums, but some issues are similar!
He calls me to just chat multiple times a day to just chat about his day. I actually do too I guess. We just chat. Sometimes I actually forget he is still my KID! You know though he has never been a "kid". I always called him an old man in a young body. Always wise and smart beyond his years. I actually find myself asking his thoughts on things. He is pretty frekin smart.

Now my DD on the other hand will be eternally young regardless of age. Funny that way. I am def a "mom" to her.

Anyway- Congrats on your "Kid" getting an offer to yet another collage! WHOOT! I know you must be beaming.

NICE on the SIL's house for Thanksgiving. You know when it get's to big...... there are options to keep it. You know there could be a "kids table", or put another card table close, always options. But totally cool while ya can. Ya, maybe at some point everyone will go their way. I never thought about it until my DD got married, and then families move, and live a new life.

Glad you are feeling better!!!!!
AND YES YES YES- YAY YOU! not giving in to wanting comfort carbs because you felt a bit off! So easy to do. Keep it up!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Update- I have a 2 bed/2 bath townhouse in James Island. Minutes from Folly beach, and downtown Charleston. A better location even that the one before and 300 bucks cheaper! Seriously. Add it is not on 3nd floor and even has a private fences small patio out the back for Ruger at night. I could not be more thrilled. It's cuter too!!!!! And bigger!!!!!!

Thank you up above...... things are falling into place, and I am feeling good about it all as much as I can. Do not know where in the hospital they will place me.

For fun Google map Charleston. I will be off Folly Rd on James Island, near the Earth Fair grocery. It is so located!!!!!!!! I'm at the top part near the bridge to get to the Main peninsula Charleston. The bridge then dumps you into the hospital parking lot after you get off the bridge. Ton to explore. I will be truly CENTER to everything and all beaches.

Ok ladies- pouring a lite Breeze (well deserved) and propping up feet, in my cozy blankets and watching mindless TV.
Son will be here tomorrow evening through Sun. morning. Thank goodness he is a low carb eater! No big meal planned- chicken strips for him and roasted veggies done. He will eat on that for a day or two. Not sure what I want- easy will be it. Thinking of rotisserie chicken, or a small ham. I dunno- not into heavy salt. Might just keep it steak!

Later Gaters- Party for today is OVER! Closing it down. lolol
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-22, 04:44

BF:

Lori, oh yea even stressed to declutter fast with your home issue, I bet it feels good to have that stuff gonzo!! I also have 2 junk drawers in the kitchen and boy I hate those LOL but need them to hold 'well, junk' HA It is nice having room. I can't wait til I declutter the pots and pans. I got lids that go with no pots under there. Time to tackle that stupid too

new chimney liner. necessary evil but darn, some things have to be in good shape to use, like fire

Your little pie was quite the hit!!

Nicco....super great your DS is getting acceptances. AZ or FL or ?? who knows I am sure he will pick the best that suits him and have a great time in his college adventure!!

Super glad you are feeling ok!!!!

Yea my dishwasher is original to home purchase which makes it 30 yrs old now. Works fine. Rarely use it tho. I don't know, I am just tired of spending, tired of buying, just tired of 'stuff' ya know. Like I don't even wanna think this stuff, means nothing to me anymore in a way. I am getting a big kinda hippy dippy change in attitude of just leave me alone, let me do my thing I wanna do at all times and no one annoy me regarding anything.....yea crazy but that is more me now.

Jazz, wow on the new digs ya scored. Super nice to have ANY fenced in area for Ruger and you to sit you and him to be loose and safe. cool
Super easy when your DS is low carb like that. I know you mentioned feeding him is quite easy, believe me that helps us alot right

------------------today is take kid for driver test first thing. will be first in line hopefully since we are leaving earlier. fingers crossed.

hubby said we gotta finally get the 2 vehicles changed over to us as owners from his mom. the farm truck and the Buick Encore that she gave to Nicole. Real nice first vehicle for kiddo. Now that is DMV for us and insurance changes again....see, this is the kinda stuff I don't wanna do anymore but gotta bleck

So get this....2 in the morning the nursing home calls. Who died right? Attendent called to get permission for a prescription to be filled from her heart Dr. What the hell? 2 am? come on. I said to hubby why call you but he is set up in power of attorney as her health care person and he has to be informed of all prescrips for her at all times. ok but 2 AM to get that answer? come on....lol....and this is why I hate 'stupid stuff' in life ya know!

then at 1 later kid has teeth cleaning so off we go for that.

other than DMV and dentist appt for her I ain't doing squat today mostly....well vacuum kitchen cause it needs it but taking life easy.

got burger and chicken and shrimp to chow on when wanted. all going well....just doing
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-22, 07:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic.....Great news on your son's acceptance to law school. Great to have options for sure. Hope you continue to feel well today. You asked about the Dr. and Betty's house.....things are still a go. The final agreement should be signed soon. He's been having contractors come in to look at the project and give him estimates. 2M minimum for renovations. Can you imagine?

Trig....DMV & Dentist....what a fun day! NOT! Just stuff that has to be done, right?

Jaz....Your townhouse sounds awesome! Will you be able to stay there as long as you want? I know you said the other place was only available for 2 of the months. Things work out for a reason, you know?

---------

Chimney liner and some other repairs all finished. My poor cat was terrorized with everything going on.

I went to the grocery store at 7AM. I don't want to be anywhere near that place this afternoon. It'll be chaos, I'm sure. Meeting "M" at 10 and then back home to do my workout, take a shower and that's about it for the day.

I think we're going to get subs for dinner tonight. DH is going for his "C" booster at 5 and then he'll pick up dinner. Works for me.

Sunny and supposed to get up to 50 degrees today. I'll take it!
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-22, 09:21

BF:

Good morning!

Lori- I was at the grocery at 730 this morning too. YAY on some sunshine. It does make a difference, doesn't it?!?!?

I knew your pie would be a huge hit! It is amazing how Betty is hanging on. It must be your beef and noodles. LOLOLOL

Wow on that booster! Hope DH doesn't have any issues. I had such a bad reaction I will not get a booster. Subs sounds good! Easy peasy!

Trig- Wheeeeeee I am fingers crossed for your new driver!!!!!!
Dentists are working today. I would think they would not be.

Hey I so get low key. That is what we are doing here too! We might not get out of pj's.
It does help my kid is a keto eater!

Nic- you should be in full form about now! Updates girl when you can!!!!!! I just love your get togethers!
----------------------------------------------------------------

All-
I literally rolled out of bed, poured a cup of coffee and headed to Sprouts. They do their mark downs between 730-800. I have gotten "friendly" with the meat manager. She actually came to found me in line as I was checking out to say she had a roast, and 2 filet migon steaks cut 2 inches thick she was going to mark down as they are closed tomorrow....... did I want them? I got straight out of line and got all those, AND 3 packs of 1 pound ground chuck for 1.99 and a small turkey breast for 4.00. I also scored some chicken breast the family pack 3 pounds organic free range for 5.00.
I am set until I move! SCORE! None of it is expired either! Most of it hit the freezer. It was a huge blessing. I am going to miss that!
I will need to get friendly with the next meat monger! LOLOLOL

I am on track for getting stuff done. It is coming together- but at the end of the day I am tired. It is all the little stuff that seems to be the time suck.

Movers check
Storage unit check
Place to stay: check
End of lease here: check

TO DO: start packing
misc paper work for agency.......

Looking at private insurance, taking a second look at that. It makes sense for me to get my own, because I do not qualify for theirs until NEXT assignment, yet they would take 500.00 a month out- NO THANKS. They have a 90-wait period. Yeah- no.
Again- a time suck- but I am going to go that route until I can't.

Oh...... at some point I need to get my Classes done sometime in December for renewing my licenses. Never a dull moment.

Also my BFF is coming to stay with me the last week of Dec. through Jan. She might be there a week, or two. I told her fine- but I will be working. HAHAHAHAH- Sweet though I have a full two bed/2 bath. She and I are very compatible. I could live with her if I had to. She is so laid back and just a nothing ruffles her.

WOE- 100%- oh yeah and feeling amazing again. All the bloat dropped off and back at low.

Well- ladies, time to get TODAY's Party started! Rock on!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-22, 15:44

BF:

Hey folks!

Well the holidays are kicking off for sure now! Youngest got home last night, and DD will be over in about ten minutes for us to leave to pick up DS24 and DIL from the bus in Baltimore. It will be a full house then!

Trig, you know yourself through and through. One of the things I like about you! We don't use our DW at the DE house although we do continue to use it here. Not sure why we do it differently, I guess in this house we have a lot more dishes, cups etc so they are fine to sit in the DW until it is full, while in DE we have less and use less.

Jaz, sounds like you extended your son's visit a bit if he is coming Wednesday to Sunday! That must mean you are feeling a bit more settled, which is a good thing. Hopefully he will be not only a good companion but a good help with packing as well!

Where is your BFF from? Very cool that you like her enough to have her stay for such a long time!

Great meat haul for you!

Lori- Glad you got your shopping and such done so early! Take out for dinner is always a good option too.

I was at the store today as well but went to one that is less frequented and had no issues. Got in and out pretty quickly with no line at self checkout. WIN! I got a bunch of ground beef marked down which I will put into vac seal bags and also bought a chuck roast for myself to make as a pot roast for later on in the week. I love pot roast soup!

Tonight I will be doing a big build your own salad bar, along with meatloaf and roasted potatoes and garlic bread. I will focus on salad and some meatloaf. I don't need to eat a lot - it is just another meal, you know? No need to make it more than it is. The most important part is the people that are there!

Ok finishing this up real quick- it's nearing 5 and I am taking a mini break before dinner. Ds24 and DIL have been picked up. They hadn't eaten so we went to Qdoba. I held to my day's food plan and just drank some water.

Anyway DS shared some excellent news. He found out this morning that he has been accepted to University of Michigan law school. That is a huge feat- it is an EXCELLENT law school. He still has a good number of law schools to hear from but so far he is 3/3 so that is really quite an accomplishment!

Anyway, heading down to start on dinner shortly. I did get a walk in, about an hour and a half. DS24 asked to come with, which was nice although I was also going to take that time to collect myself but I didn't have the heart to say no, ya know? So taking this few minutes now. All good!

Dd and SoIL will be here in about an hour (she went with me to get the others etc so just left about half an hour ago) and Ds20 has been napping bc he stayed up all night with his Bestie.

So yeah, lots of family time, all good but going to try to be mindful about carving out a few minutes for myself here and there over the next couple of days to help keep me on track.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-22, 07:19

BF:

Nicco I do know me very well. Key being I also see a biggie with me more and more....becoming very very inflexible on what I want in my day and how I am going about my day. Hmmm....me best watch that a bit LOL but nah, in the end, I don't care HA

Love reading how well your kids are doing and have done thru college and how they wanna roll. Makes me smile reading it all!

Enjoy your day ALL.....HAPPY TDAY TO LORI, NICCO AND JAZZ

------------fast post. kinda got no chat in me lol

oh but kiddo did pass permit. she drove home then drove me to grocery store and is fab driver, no issues there thank heavens....but she says I want a turkey. WTH? we all don't like turkey anyway HAHA but she is craving that Tday meal holiday thing I guess. So we check out chickens since no fresh turkey and can't defrost a biggie in a day and only thing was a 'scrawny skinny no meat' little ol' sad azz chicken....and we bought it.....and she dubbed it the 'Tiny Tim Tday Chicken'....omg. truly sad but funny as heck. So we got sides of cranberry for her she only likes, got sweet taters they like and some stuff to make a bit of stuffing for them.

So today for me is chicken and burger for backup but I also got a Tbone steak I am eating before I deal with Tiny Tim Chicken and no other meat for me other than fry a burger. Steak me baby HA

She wants a turkey for Xmas. Again I said none of us like it really!!! So I say how about a big mess of crab legs and filet mignon and she took the delish bait. MY XMAS DINNER cost is gonna be thru the roof but I think kiddo just wants that little time since it is moving away now and she sees it ya know.
hey I am cool with it. I am super frugal but when I got a cause to dump cash I dump it

OK be good all today and have a fine holiday!!
Closed Thread