Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 08:34

Plan: Susanne Somers
Stats: 198/195/120 Female 5foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Any Somersizers out there?

Hi
I've just started Sommersizing. Is there anyone else out there doing this? It seems pretty good, but I'm only on week 2. I debated doing Atkins, but I'm nursing so it was a little too extreme.

Laural
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 18:40

Plan: modified carb control
Stats: 156.5/144.5/128 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hey there,

I tried Somersizing awhile back and bought two of the books. The recipes really are good, but I was hesitant to do the desserts since most of them include Splenda or Equal and I don't like either one. Anyway, I think there are some sound ideas in the plan; however, I personally had a tough time with the whole food combining thing and found it too limiting. I would rather space out my carbs during the day and have, for example, some lc bread with a tuna sandwich, than a veggie sandwich or just tuna. By the way I did not lose on the Somercize plan (I only did it for about 2 weeks) but I also didn't gain anything and I ate a lot! Good luck to you! I think there is a Sommercize board on their website that might be a good place to check out.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 08:42

Plan: somersize
Stats: 217/171/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hello! I have been Somersizing since Jan 03 - I lost 38 lbs in a little over 2 months - then a total of 50 lbs and have successfully kept it off.

I found this the only way I could "diet" - the others were too complicated, you had to count things, or were too restricting.

I find the message boards on the suzanne somers website very helpful.

Wiredfoxterror
losing - losing - gone!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 23:54

Stats: 197/184/165 Female 5/7
BF:
Progress: 41%

I'm somersizing and I love it, I have lost weight pretty fast and this is the only diet i could actually follow, I hope you have the luck I have.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (60 carbs)
Stats: 150/150/000 Male ?? (12, above-avg male)
BF:
Progress: 0%

my mom is trying too
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 23:14
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

I was not aware of the somersizing program.. turned on hsn and she is advertising a deep fryer..and is quite nifty looking..and so I thought I would come check this out here.. I will be going on a trip for 2 weeks, and when I return, I want to start with something that may give me the jumpstart that will kick me towards my dec 25 goal...

I have not a clue what it's about..so off to sleuth........

Dawn
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 07:27

BF:
Default Just starting? Some tips!!!!

I found Suzanne Somers website to be a lifesaver www.suzannesomers.com. Go to community and Somersizers have posted recipes, reviews, tips, ideas, you name it!!!!! Suzanne's books are perfect to get you started with all the "rules", but the community boards on the website are what keep you going, keep you legal, keep you sane!

Wiredfoxterror
losing, losing, gone!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 19:18
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

THANKS Fox!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 110/110/&;100 Female 152 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi,

I had her recipe books and they are so high in fat and calories. They look yummy though but i am too scared to try them out. Do u have to count calorie when u follow her plan? Any idea how much calorie u consume per day?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 15:48

Stats: 197/184/165 Female 5/7
BF:
Progress: 41%

You don't count calories or carbs, you just eat the right times and combinations of food. I love it, it's so easy
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 06:37

BF:
Default Somersizing is so easy - and it tastes so good!

You do not count calories, you do not watch fat! You cut out the sugars - you cut out refined carbs - you eat like a piglet!

Make sure you eat your 3 meals and your snacks. Watch your food combinations (believe me it is so easy) proteins can combine with fats and vegetables but no carbs - carbs can combine with vegetables but no proteins or fats.

I make most things from scratch. Do not trust those products that say they are low carb - read the labels for the ingredients!!!!!!

When I started, I almost totally eliminated carbs. After losing weight, I started eating a carbo meal for breakfast 3 times a week. I eat dessert almost every night and I eat sugar free chocolates.

Wiredfoxterror
Losing - losing - gone!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 12:54

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 140/122/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 180%

Hi Chuta
What I love about Somersizing, is that all food groups are included. The high starch, high sugar foods are eliminated. It is recommended that wholegrains be eaten at least 4 times per week. A lot of people are doing fruit and cereal in the morning and making the rest of the day protein/fat/veggies. The recipes in the books may be high in fat, but there are plenty of recipes on her discussion boards that are not.
I'm also quite happy that her products are now available for purchase in Canada.
Have a great day
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%

glad to see that other Somersizers are here.
I love the program too! It is the eaiest lc way for me to eat. I try to eat a carb meal only 2 or 3 times a week for now. But what I love best about it fruit! I eat a bit almost daily. As a veg fruit is almost essential for me. I try to stick to lower glycemic ones.
Food combining does wonders for my digestion. My only occassional cheats are 1/2 an advantage bar and some peanut butter...
hopin to lose BIG!
I have someraized lots befoe but I think I overdid the non sugar sweetener and ate WAY too much.
Any thoughts?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 15:43

Plan: general low carb no plan
Stats: 160/150/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I SS-ed after my daughter was born, 8/29/03, and ended up losing 10 lbs in a couple months. In the beginning the combining was hard to remember but after a week, I had it down pat. I'm not sure why I stopped but who knows, I may go back.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: A True Miracle, Rosedale
Stats: 185/185/132 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I tried Somersize about 18 mo ago. I lost 21 lbs fast. And then it stalled out and I didn't lose another ounce. Plus the products were expensive by the time you paid shipping and I started substituting ingredients (like the sweetener). Then things either started tasting funny (with Stevia) or were the wrong kind of sweetener. Finally I gave up and gained the 21 lbs back. However, for once, I didn't go on to gain another 10.

I've been on Schwartzbein since the first of the year. But no weight loss yet.
Donna