Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 05:48
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'm late... This is a note for yesterday's workout..

--------------------------

I did Chest, Back, and 45 minutes of eliptical.

Once again, I used the NO-Xplode and was pleased with it. There was very little if any dizziness today. I've also kinda put the pricetag for No-Xplode in perspective or if you prefer rationalized it. -- I commonly grab a Ripped To The Max at the gym prior to my workouts.. I don't expect em' to burn any fat -just give me some energy. However, they're 3 bucks a piece out of the cooler. 40 servings of that then would be $120 bucks. I can get 40 servings of NO-Xplode for about $36.00 and it's a stronger stimulant.

When I think about it that way it kinda takes the sting out...

Today is a High Calorie Day AND a leg day....

Here come dem' squats..

Last edited by J.K. : Wed, Aug-03-05 at 08:03. Reason: poor math skills - lol
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 06:13

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:

Today is a High Calorie Day AND a leg day....

Here come dem' squats..

Woo-hoo.....Have fun big guy!
  #198   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 21:09
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Thanks, Galatia..

I'm finished with my squats now...
-------------------------------------

Okay, it wasn't all that bad. lol... I had a regular leg day doing calves first, quads next, hams after that, and then finishing off with leg extensions. As with my previous workout, things were heavily weighted on squats and straight leg dead lifts. I think I did em pretty good too. My legs were shaking like a leaf by the time I got to inclined leg press..

60 minutes Stairmaster tomorrow..
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 18:41
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Note to Self:

Getting up at 2 AM to do empty stomach cardio doesn't work for me very well..

...but at least I tried..

---------------------------

When opening the gym my regular time for work is 4:30, which is okay I guess but it leaves me too drained to do cardio in the afternoon much less lift weights too. As a result, last night I got the bright idea of getting up at 2 o'clock, letting myself in the gym early, showering there, and then starting the day at my normal time. - I made it up too! - However, after awaking I just sat there drinking coffee and staring at my computer screen until it really was time to go into werk..

Net Effect - Zero Workout Today

I'll be hitting Shoulders, Tri's and Bi's tomorrow then finishing off with 45 minutes of Stairmaster. Needless to say, it will be at a much more reasonable time..

Cheers!
  #200   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 18:56
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Here we go...

Shoulders, Tri's and Bi's followed by 45 minutes of Stairmaster. And once again, I did my workout after taking a dose of NO-Xplode.

I have to say I really like this stuff. Everybody I know who is using at the gym seems to like it too. It gives you killer pumps and the increased energy during the workout is markedly noticeable. I plan to keep using it. At least until they ban it like they did ephedra..

In other news, I ordered some Glutamine powder, some L-Lucine, and some Tribulus from iHerb the other day. I also picked up a a bottle of Vitamin C (1000) and a bottle of Vitamin E (1000) from Walmart. From now on my post workout shake will be...

Post Workout Shake
Whey Protien
L-Leucine
Glutamine
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Plus some high glycemic carb

That's the suggested "perfect" after workout shake a'la the book Nutrient Timing ... Just FYI, the Leucine is in there because it aids in insulin response and is a known trigger for protien synthesis. The extra vitamins are there for their antioxident benefits (i.e. kill free radicals produced during your workout. For anyone who's interested in reading the book the above link goes to Amazon, however, I found my copy on sale at GNC for only a buck!

Tomorrow I'll be shooting for 60 minutes of Eliptical - no weights.

Good luck to everyone on their program. And cheers!
  #201   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-05, 17:57
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

60 Minutes of Eliptical..

Smmoooookin..
  #202   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 20:44
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Today's workout....

Nuttin..
  #203   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 05:54

BF:

Hiya'. Thanks for the visit. Yes it's hard for newbies to realize how slowly muscle grows, and how important their diet is. The encouraging part is the first 6 months is really a time when they can see a lot of change and that keeps them motivated. You really have to love bodybuilding not to become frustrated with it, especially if you're a woman. But the payoff is really good if you can be patient. Guys can work 2 months for what it takes 12 for a woman. And with a whole lot less effort. Hormones! I'm on my way to morning cardio, soon as the caffeine is doing it's magic. Have a great day.
  #204   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 20:31
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey Debbie..

As always, good to see ya. Today I'm logging a Chest and Back workout, plus Stairmaster. As usual, I think I'll skip the sets and reps part of it and just talk about it. In total I spent about 50 minutes on those two body parts.

I have to admit I'm having a hard time working my back. The reason is because during the three months I was recovering from the tendon injury in my left elbow I rarely ever used that arm. As a result, I've lost a quite a bit of strength in my left bicep and it's giving out on me waaay before I even come close to exhausting my back. The bicep gets pumpped, then sore, and then it aches trying to keep up. I'm guessing this will be taken care of with a little more time.

Also, my Stairmaster workout was cut short to 30 minutes today. The cardio room was hotter than normal. I was dripping with sweat by 20 minutes and by 30 I just felt like I'd completed what I needed to do.

Tomorrow I'll be doing legs - no cardio - and once again I'm looking forward to it. I also continue to find that rather odd... lol - I've never really looked forward to leg day, but now with a little over a year of lifting under my belt it's become my favorite day of the week.

Once again, I'm gonna blast em with squats and straight leg dead lifts..
  #205   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 21:29
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Squats today.. Lots of dead lifts.. Lots of grunts.. lol

My whole body was shaking by the time I finished my workout..

Shooting for 60 minutes of cardio tomorrow..
  #206   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 17:13
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

I made a mistake. - This wasn't a cardio only day. It was a lifting and cardio day. As a result, I did Shoulders, Tri's, and Biceps just as I had scheduled.

From there I got on the Stairmaster, but wound up cutting it very short. I ate right before my workout and a little more than usual. Despite that the weight training was pretty intense, and by the time I got to cardio I was feeling a little nauseus. I don't know if any of you have ever been in that spot, but it's NOT the way ya want to feel when doing cardio. lol

I'll pick it up again tomorrow.
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 20:33
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

60 minutes Stairmaster..

p.s. Melon Gatorade mixed with Banana Whey Protien Powder tastes and looks just like one of those orange push-ups you used to eat as a kid.. lol
  #208   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 03:40

BF:

Quote:

p.s. Melon Gatorade mixed with Banana Whey Protien Powder tastes and looks just like one of those orange push-ups you used to eat as a kid.. lol

YUM!
I wish there was one that tasted just like Pizza Hut Barbque pan pizza!
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 21:05
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

I loooove barbeque pizza...

I also haven't had any in about 2 years..

----------------------

Chest and Back today a little more than normal but I skipped the cardio. A fella who visits the club told me he was getting his 20 year chip tonight (AA) and asked if I'd like to come. Since that's a pretty big deal and I'd not been to an AA meeting in eons I decided to go. Perhaps I can work a little extra cardio in tomorrow to make up for it.

60 minutes Stairmaster scheduled for tomorrow. If I do that 'little extra' and make it 75 yall can just mop me up off the floor.. lol
  #210   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-05, 11:36
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Now I'm officially slackin..

I just got off work, and had planned to do cardio right after. However, there's only a 30% chance of rain today - my truck needs washing - and my motorcycle is begging for a riding.

I think I'll stay busy pulling that together..