Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-10, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/161/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Day 9 Mark 2
Walk 30 minutes
Level 5/20, Random setting, Speed 5.5 - 6.5

Lots of numbers today . I did my walking on the treadmill and took my pedometer. I did 3421 steps in half an hour, which for my stride is 2.8 km.

After cooldown I had walked 3.1 and climbed 45 meters.

Then came the weights!

Peck Deck

3 x 12, weight 3

Leg Press
3 x 12, weight 5

Lat Pull Down
3 x 12, weight 4

My arms really feel it now, even though I didn't do a lot. I suppose I will get used to it...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-10, 00:28
Registered Member

BF:

Day 10 Mark 2
Walk/Run 30 minutes
Level 5/20, Random setting, Speed 5.5 - 9.0

I seem to be breathing a bit better. I can run without forgetting to breathe and it is feeling easier. I don't smoke but hard exercise has always caused breathing trouble with me - my legs can usually take it (I can walk forever) and my head can take it (stubborn as a mule if I have to do something) but if it makes me out of breath I give up sooner rather than later.

Also, I'm not very competitive. So I do my bursts of running, start huffing and puffing, and stop and KNOW that I could run longer but don't like that panting feeling. It doesn't hurt, it just makes me feel anxious or something, and as I'm not being pursued by a tiger, there is no need for me to continue!

Anyway, the breathing seem to be getting better. I wonder if it is something to do with speed as I tried running faster today?

Despite the speed I didn't go much further than Monday though with 3.25 at the 30 minute mark. Perhaps I compensated on the walking bits...

After cooldown:

...and I climbed 48 meters:
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 04:51
Registered Member

BF:

Day11 Mark 2
Rest

Had to swap today's walk for tomorrow's rest as I ran out of time, plus my upper body aches A LOT from Tuesday's weights.

Good news - it's weigh day and I'm down another half pound

Why is it when you are waiting for a goal (I want to get out of the 160s) that it is excruciatingly slow!!! ARGH!!! I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, maybe that will help
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 05:08

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I hope you don't mind my posting here. I just read over your gym log and wanted to say how well you are doing. You are also so cheerful...I like that.
I am a weight trainer not a runner. Just wanted to cheer you on.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-10, 21:47
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatia
I hope you don't mind my posting here. I just read over your gym log and wanted to say how well you are doing. You are also so cheerful...I like that.
I am a weight trainer not a runner. Just wanted to cheer you on.

oooh thank you for dropping by!

And thanks for your comments, they have spurred me on, especially as I don't have a gym buddy - my only incentive to keep going is this blog and the thought of new clothes when I hit my target!

#21   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-10, 21:57
Registered Member

BF:

Day 12 Mark 2
Walk 30 minutes

Well according to http://www.walkjogrun.net/ I walked just under 2 and a half miles today. I also have started to use the stairs rather than take a lift whenever I can and don't get as puffed as I used to. This is exciting! It is amazing how quickly you can start to get conditioned and how quickly getting up and going to the gym can become a habit.

(Note for anyone wanting to use http://www.walkjogrun.net/ and having problems. I found that just putting in my UK postcode doesn't always work (maybe my browser) so I type in 'London' and then zoom in.)
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-10, 22:15
Registered Member

BF:

Day 13 Mark 2
Rest/Walk

Again had to swap a couple of days around as I've had my hair done for a big night out and refuse to pay all that money only to get all sweaty and need to wash it lol!

This means I will have 2 days consecutive run/walking to keep on track but I don't think it will be too bad (famous last words ).

Another 2 and a half miles today but very much a stroll rather than a route march.

Last edited by bondstreet : Mon, Jun-28-10 at 00:28.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-10, 00:34
Registered Member

BF:

Day 14 Mark 2
Walk/Run 3.5 miles (5.6 km)
Speed 5.5 - 9.0

Well this time I wrote 5.6 on my hand so I wouldn't forget how far I had to go like I did last week!

AND I STILL GOT IT WRONG!!!

By the time I had got the the 5k mark the numbers had sweated off and I was convinced it was 5.4! Why oh why can't thery put miles on the machine as well, I can remember miles!

Luckily, I reached the required distance with the extra 5 minute cooldown. Phew! I didn't fancy doing week 2 for the third time! I was running for a quarter of the time in one minute bursts and this time did it on the flat. This is a lot easier than my Level 5 random hills and if I hadn't had my first night out in ages this weekend, I think I would have been quicker.

After cooldown:

Last edited by bondstreet : Mon, Jun-28-10 at 02:37.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-10, 00:39
Registered Member

BF:

Day 15
Walk/Run 30 minutes
Level 5/20, Random setting, Speed 5.5 - 9.0

A little stiff from Day 14, I felt it in my legs a bit, and today I started running for a third (rather than a quarter) of the time.

Did 3.23 k in the 30 minutes and after cooldown...

#25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-10, 06:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
if I hadn't had my first night out in ages this weekend
Did you have fun? Hope so.

How often do you weight train?
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 10:04
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Did you have fun? Hope so.

Had a good time thanks. I was a bit worried about getting cravings but didn't... well only for another Vodka and that is easily ignored as I hate hangovers!

Quote:
How often do you weight train?

I don't really. The plan is to do a few reps on the machines when it's a walk day in the gym. Earlier in the year I did some free weights work (copied an exercise video I found on youtube ) and within 6 weeks my arms were amazing - I can't find the video now though! When I have time I'll find another.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 10:17
Registered Member

BF:

Day 16
Walk 30 minutes

Walked on the treadmill today and took my pedometer. I did 3632 steps in half an hour, which for my stride is 2.99 km...ooh so close to 3K!

After the 5 minutes cooldown I had walked 3.32 and climbed 65 meters.

Peck Deck
3 x 10, weight 3

Leg Press

3 x 10, weight 5

Lat Pull Down
3 x 10, weight 4

Last edited by bondstreet : Thu, Jul-01-10 at 10:26.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 10:21
Registered Member

BF:

Day 17
Rest

No time today so have swapped today's walk/run for Friday's rest.

For the first time in weeks I have had NO WEIGHT LOSS this week

Was this because I went out? Had my first alcohol all year? Because I didn't exercise today? Because I repeated Week 2 last week?

No matter, I didn't gain any either so
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 10:27
Registered Member

BF:

Day 18
Walk 30 minutes

Forgot my pedometer today, never mind. Did the usual "nearly 3k" on my walk and after cooldown had done 3.24km and climbed 53 meters.

I took all the weights down a notch because my arms ached too much last time. I'll put them up again (not that I do much lol!) next week when I get into the rhythm of it.

Peck Deck
3 x 10, weight 2

Leg Press
3 x 10, weight 4

Lat Pull Down
3 x 10, weight 3
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 04:24
Registered Member

BF:

Day 19
Walk/Run 30 minutes
Level 4/20, Random setting, Speed 5.0 - 7.0

Well today was a bit of a revelation. It was so hot in the gym (one of the aircons wasn't working) that I knew today would not be pleasant - hills and heat don't go together even if I am running for just a third of the 30 mins...

So I dropped the random hills down to 4 and, having noticed the other day that I seem to run at a faster speed then others, I dropped my running speed to 7 - a slow jog.

I could not believe the difference! Obviously I didn't cover as much distance but it was incredibly easy! Maybe I should have been running at a slower speed in the early stages? I might not go as far but at this pace I could go for longer, so it all works out!

Did 2.92 k in the 30 minutes and after cooldown...