Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 14:06

Plan: vegetarian
Stats: 170/170/100 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Default New to the group with questions

First of all i want to say hi. I am new to the group and vegetarian. Ive decided i wanted to try the lowcarbing that everyone is talking about. IS there a vegetarian plan and if so could you tell me what it is. Also could someone please break lowcarbing down to me. Im not undering standing it all the way. Please explain.
thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 15:39

Plan: PP-Vegetarian; now SB veg
Stats: 143/130/115 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 46%

You need to get a book - South Beach is probably best for vegetarians. I'm doing Protein Power, but its hard to follow that plan being a vegetarian.
Until you've read a book & decided what you want to do, you could start by cutting out all sugar & refined flour, then cut out grains, then fruits, then beans (or all at once). Replace these items with eggs (if you eat them), soy products (if you use those), vegetables nuts & cheese.
Once you've picked a plan, then you will be able to pick the foods you can eat.
I would recommend reading the posts in this & other forums, to get familiar with low carbing & the various plans.
Good luck !
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 00:46
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I second getting a book and picking a plan. You can get an overview of the various plans here:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

There are also some good recipe sites that have plenty of veggie low carb recipes-you can look around this forum for those.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-05, 02:19

Plan: vegetarian-mod atkins
Stats: 238/225/145 Female 58
BF:
Progress: 14%

i went to the gym and got a consultation with some guy. He put me on a bunch of "weight metabolising" pills and a powder protein shake mix that is actually pretty awesome (but not cheap) to make sure I get a lot of protein.
But on a good day when I follow 100%, I have low carb kellogs bran flakes with low fat soy milk for breakfast, a protein bar or shake for snack, a salad with low fat french dressing and salad and a veggie burger patty or 2 for lunch, and a large salad, eggs, and veggie burger for dinner. I cheat a lot, but I've lost 17 lbs already (even though I haven't updated my weight on this thing).