Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Dec-26-20, 09:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Post Christmas- ONWARD - 2021 can no come soon enough!!!!

Oh ya'll are making me super jelly here, KEY WEST are you are putting that in my brain now!
I am thinking MAYBE - not this birthday upcoming but next. When Covid is well behind and I am in a better place and have a doggie sitter. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Love me some water.

That is ok- thought Because I will be DAILY POSTING of my Sun and Sand in 4 weeks complete with PICS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup- Trig- you are right about picking a word for 2021! It is Tradition now!!!!!!
I think my would was Thrive- for 2020. I dunno. There are parts of 2020 that I have been able the Thrive and grow. In a way 2020 has pushed us all in ways I think none of us could even fathom!!!

This is a "quickie"- hahah- as my DS is hovering for my attention.

Trig
- Your Christmas Eve sounds miserable! I hate wonky guts because you just know "whats coming"........... Glad you are doing better.
Your short ribs sounded mouth watering!!!!!!!
Glad you are going to see your mom.

Was the kiddo happy with her stuff?!?!?!?!?!

Lori- - nothing wrong with another day- I worked last Christmas. It was just another day. We all have those years. It just sums up 2020 doesn't it!!!!!!?????
OMG rain then 20 inches of snow. I really feel for those that had to leave their home and had potential damage! No words. I am glad you and DD tucked in and safe!!!!!!

Tell Miss Betty there are some gals wishing her Merry Christmas!!!!

Nic- you are killing me here with another trip- around the corner!!!! OMG you talked the hubby into Key West!!!???- Good for you! So on the Bucket list! I will get there trust me on that!!!
Wow- April is around the corner!!!
I think EVERYONE on so stir crazy these days!!!!!! The place to invest is travel destinations! You know Disney stock went up 20%. My DD told my yesterday they are running a 30% off special- plus 2 days free
- limited time- check it out!
So how long to you have a house full??????

Blue- Updates please! I hope you had wonderful day yesterday. Were you able to at least Zoom your son? Hope you are well....
--------------------------------------------------------
I will at some point go back and pull our "WORD" we came up with last year.
Although I know Trig you did that over the Sommer. I think at this point it is a moot point. 2020- Will be the year we all forget!!!!

I would like to go into 2021 on a positive note.
The winner hands down is Trig- for an astonishing WOE year!!!!!
Through it all- you have by far held it together in that manner.
The rest of us- (speaking for self) need to get this show back on true form.
My GOAL- for MYSELF is to be at a healthy weight this time next year.
I am not even going to put a number on it. But I am not sitting at a healthy number.

My kids took a few pics of my yesterday I seriously wanted t cry (but didn't). I am not even curvy- I am fat. Ya I said it and own it.
It has crept on.

DONE DONE DONE- I just have to get back to counting every carb/and calorie if I want to lost. It really is that simple. I have been "eye balling". But a little here and there. Add that to late night eating, even foods on the list is not working for me.
ADD that to Yoga pants and not going anywhere............ GOOD BYE 2020
I am not complaining - just stating some goals I will be changing up.

I want healthy and feeling good body back. I would even take a higher weight if I felt good and it was a healthy number.
So thinking about all of this ya know.

I am with ya Trig- I am thinking about a WORD. It is going to be a kind one, and achievable.

The kid is leaving tomorrow morning. He wants PIZZA tonight- OMG....... But seriously I will get it- scrap off the top and maybe have a hamburger pattie too. Or maybe I will just get one form. I have not had daily now a month and my gut is thinking me. I don't want a wonky gut. Urghhhhhhhhh

Ok- back tomorrow.
I am helping him with some housing issues- and all he is going though. Poor kid I feel for him. This too she pass I talk him last night as he was sitting on my bed at 12:30.
Once a mom - always a mom!!!!!

Have a wonderful day
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Dec-26-20, 13:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Merry Xmas ladies! (a day late, but still heartfelt.)

Lori---OMG the bats! I am terrified of their big swooping selves. Lived on the third floor of an old house on the lake in college. Attic was infested with bats. We had regular visitations. Once I put my arm in my bathrobe arm and felt something fuzzy around the elbow. Yep. Bat curled in the elbow of the inside of my robe. and YEP, freaked way the hell out. Silver linings---we used to call the guys at the fire department that was just a block away to come give them the bat for us (as in baseball bat) when they were flying around, stun them and take them out. And if they weren't on a call, they'd come. LOL, those were the days! They were often VERY CUTE. We all flirted our butts off with them, and they gave back as good as they got.

Trig---I LOVED Key West. We went there on our honeymoon, stayed almost 2 weeks. Our room at the time was $150 a night. Looked it up a year or so ago thinking we might want to go back there---$450 a night, and that was for the smaller rooms. So yeah, I think you got a great deal on the campsite, plus the amenities sound fun.

Lots of funky fun shops and FANTASTIC restaurants. You'll be able to get great shrimp 10 ways from Sunday. Another fun thing---the sunset toast. Everyone goes down to the town pier and toasts down the sun. Jugglers, mimes, art booths---very fun and festive. Key West just has its own out there vibe. Once I was sitting in a street cafe and this crazily dressed woman road by me on her bike that bore a big sign reading "No Toto, we ain't in Kansas anymore." That kind of sums it up.

Jaz---Glad the Atlanta thing is behind you. Hugs and cheers. You are free of the hurt and frustration.

Hope you had a nice Xmas w/your son. Was so happy to see he was coming. What a treat to have your whole family w/you for Xmas, as you said it had been a minute since that happened. Plus, Xmas is never more fun than when there are kids around.

In my crystal ball I see---hmmmm---oh yeah, I see Jaz on her island writing in the sand. Soon. That was so your happy place. Bet it's going to raise your energy level like crazy. You were always doing something there, I remember form the pix.

Nic---I so enjoyed your Xmas agenda. Your fam really does it up right. Fun traditions and plenty of them, and good food. My fave part is the new jammies, although I'm pretty sure I'd love the light festival as much.

Good on you for hauling yourself back on the wagon. I know what you mean about "that point" and I wish I'd get there!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a different but nice Xmas. Lots of zooming, which is better than nothing but when it comes to our son, a very poor second. SIGH. But glad to have had it. We opened our gifts together on zoom, and since son was using his phone it was mostly visions of ceilings, his hands, up his nose, and his feet. Still, we had some laughs. I just really itched to have him here and put some mama love hugs on him.

He gave us a great gift. 6 months of HBO MAX. We're too cheap to pay for it, so it's a real treat. Tons of stuff I've wanted to watch on HBO and Lord knows, lots of nights at home to do it. We were thrilled and he was tickled to have hit it so right on w/his gift.

Hubby cooked great Xmas Eve dinner---that's our big and most sparkly holiday time. I set a pretty table for just the two of us in our dining room, where we never eat, unless we're entertaining, like in the old days, ha. Candle light, flowers, special. Told him we weren't going to schlub around in front of the TV w/our meals like we usually do. Then Xmas day we went right back to schlubing in front of the tv with our late afternoon dinner. Macaroni and cheese and a homemade Caesar salad. I know, so naughty, but so nice.

We watched Flight Attendant on HBO, our fave holiday gift. Whoa Nellie, everyone's been talking about it and I can see why. If it were a book it's what you'd call a rip roaring page turner. It is actually from a book by Chris Bohjalian. Have any of you read his books? He's a very fun author. But wow, they sure added to the thrills and chills the way sometimes only a "movie/TV can do.

Off to my bestie's house for a bonfire outside. Just hubby, she and I---he and she are great pals too, which is so fun and nice. We'll exchange gifts and drink something warm but spiked I'm sure. Then we have another bonfire party at my brother's tomorrow afternoon.

We had a blizzard a couple days before Xmas, but since then the weather has been mild and lovely---beautiful winter days, so with a fire, (and bro has those outdoor gas heaters), Blankets on our lap is we need, we'll be toasty and happy to be together.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Dec-26-20 at 18:07.
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Dec-26-20, 17:47

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Just home from bonfire w/bestie. OMG, it was SO FAB. We had great treats and wine or cocoa and kaluha. She made a big fire in her stand up bonfire pit. We were toasty and warm, and now we smell like summer camp.

She spent the first Xmas in her life alone, unable to be w/her extended family so she was so happy to see us roll up her driveway, and I was so happy to see her so happy. We exchanged gifts, and chatted away.

It was SO VERY GOOD to get out of the house, to sit in the crisp but not too cold winter air, bundled up, safe and cozy, in the company of two of my fave people and I do mean REAL company. What a treasure. For me, it felt like the real Xmas, where these last two days felt like...hmmm, Xmas on a different planet? Interesting but not sure I want to visit there again. LOL.

Tomorrow as I said in my post above, we go for another bonfire at my brother's.
Who knew? Xmas bonfires. Might become a thing. I sure loved it. Came home with rosy cheeks, feeling invigorated by the fresh air, and here's the best part---actually happy to be home!
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 05:57

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue......Oh my....you describing the fun you had at the bonfire was wonderful. What a lovely way to get together safely. I'm glad the weather cooperated and that you have another to look forward to tonight. Enjoy!

Jaz.....you'll be ready for some down time this coming week. Hope your last evening with your son was a good one. I know he has a long drive ahead of him today.

I'm right there with you on having to get back on track. I've been very wishy-washy for a LONG time. I've told myself that I won't weigh until January 1. D-day as it were. I wish I could get myself into a home exercise routine...don't know why I'm so resistant to doing that.

Nic.....All the times I've been to KW, we've never gone to Blue Heaven, but our kids have. They usually go for brunch and say it is fabulous. No shortage of good food in KW. I hope it all works out for you to go in April.

Trig....hope you had a nice day with Mom and that she was feeling well enough to get out for a bit. Good for you for trying to control the carbs for your DH & DD. They will thank you in the end. Any small cut backs you do will be a benefit to them. Every little bit helps.

---------

Another Ho-hum day around here. We'll watch football and I think dinner is going to be warm ups from Christmas day. I have a Tri-tip roast in the fridge thawing to make tomorrow. I looked up a marinade online and I'm going to give it a go. I got it from the place where I order the grassfed meats....everything has been very yummy so far.

Ok gang.....have a good day....be kind to yourself....and smile!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Dec-27-20 at 06:04.
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 06:45

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, good times for you happening! Glad you are having a nice holiday!

hey ditch that pizza scraping.....girl the dairy will nail ya LOL I know it is evil you having this dairy situation, but if I was you, you need to truly understand about how dairy sabotages and 'gets ya' and you gotta put on some big girl panties and start thinking real true elimination of dairy ya know......but of course that is for you to decide in the end You know at this stage I eat very little dairy at all. Only dairy I now have is very occasional alfredo sauce I use, which has kinda seemed to be more bother to make than I like it now LOL and just always put a tiny bit of grated cheddar over my hamburgers. I can do plain burgers but I so prefer cheeseburgers, but I also don't eat cheeseburgers all that much anymore like I used to.....so yea, I have to say my dairy is way down. Oh well...ok....enough about freaking dairy HAHA

I agree with you....the number on that scale means nothing but how ya feel in your own skin is truly key. I so get what you are saying....even if a goal is say, I wanna lose 50 lbs. and a person loses only 35....YOU KNOW they feel a heck of alot better than when that 35 was on them.....so yea good way of thinking about it for sure!!!

Can't wait to see the word you pick We all need great attitudes heading into the new year!!

Blue, your zooming sounds cool and I bet millions did zoom christmas for sure!

I like that, HBO as a present! I mean right now with cold winter and all TV is like my best darn friend HAHA So yea, enough that big time!

Your bonfires sound great and just a new fun way to work around the crazy out there. I like you guys are so imaginative!

Ohhh, $450 on a smaller room, hey I am happy to hear my $170 a night is a reasonable cost then LOL I wish I were made of money some days ya know HAHA but I will easily let go of thinking my campsite is overpriced When my normal beach trips are like $40-60 a night this one gave me sticker shock, but now that I truly think about it, nah, I got away lucky on costs on this. Thanks also for the comparison factor on it, cause now I am settled that cost is not insane ya know, I feel better about that

Lori, your Tri tip sounds delish!
I know I need a beef infusion in my freezer. I been eating but not restocking!

I feel ya on the indoor exercise routine. I need it also. Badly. I am so freaking cold going out won't be happening. I can't hike or even walk the dog in this kind of weather, I can't stand it....I am going to go thru my DVDs and pick some and probably make that a goal for next year, at least thru winter time.....a short goal LOL....I got the old Richard Simmons tapes, my Eccentric Classical Stretch tapes and my old loves, my Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I gotta get in some kind of mojo form and move also.....We gotta find ways to move more thru this cold season, I am so with you on that!!

Maybe we can challenge each other in a way? Like you think what little you want to do and I will pick something to do and we can then 'do check in' to say we did it in our posts....a little accountability maybe? And any and all can join in if they want kinda thing? Might force me to move more ya know....well just think on it

Nicco, waiting on your check in but I know you guys are having a great blast with your holiday season!!!

Hey all
Just doing steak and chicken today.

I have got to hit the store and restock steaks. Pork. Burger.
I am low and that makes me nervous for sure. Only when I am super surrounded by meat in my freezer do I feel 'secure' ya know LOL

Bestie Barb and me are gonna hit Sams Club next week, she needs some stuff...I am gonna see if they got any big whole filet mignon there, if so might grab up 2 for my freezer.

Nothing much doing. Cold. Hate it.
Not moving much. I am hoping we can get some kinda small exercise challenge going ya know....all of us 'a little something to move' in our day and we can account for it on the thread....but only if any one wants to do it, no pressure LOL

Hubby watching tv, kid sleeping and me doing whatever thru the day....easy peasy sunday here All good.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 08:00

BF:

Trig.......OK....let's do it! Let's figure out an accountability exercise challenge starting January 1. We just need to come up with details...like a minimum of so many minutes, and then do we come here and post that we've done it? Hope everyone joins in! I sure need a kick in the back side!

I have to come up with a word of the year. I've been using a phrase for the past couple months to keep peace in the house. Whenever DH does something that would usually make me say something snarky or whatever, I just say to myself "Leave it", and I keep my mouth shut. Like a few minutes ago he was getting his muzzleloader stuff ready for hunting......on my kitchen table!! Normally I would have harped about putting down newspaper, being careful not to spill gun powder or whatever, but I just said "Leave it" to myself and said nothing. Like his leaving "stuff" lying around......again....."Leave it". It has been working beautifully to keep peace and tranquility.

Anyway.....have to think on my word of the year.
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 09:40

BF:

heck yea Lori lets go for it.....decide your PIA of choice HAHA and I will decide mine and everyone who wants in, come on in!!

I got mojo this morning.
I did a 30 min. fast walk with Leslie and I did fine thru it....gonna have to go longer, push like a 5 mile walk with her instead of a 3 mile program.

So yea, I moved this morning LOL

OK I am in....I must must must move. I have to cause I got the energy and I have to release it instead of 'being in the brain' and having moods thru winter, best to move and release.

I ordered her '5 day ultimate program' challenge tape from walmart....be here in a week or so. 5 days, 2 mile day, 3 mile, 1 mile, 5 mile and 4 mile day with bonus moves of strength one day, legs one day, arms one day, core one day and focus on overall body stretch one day..........seems 'complete' ya know, a 'plan for me to follow' so I got it and will see.......

and darn, I can't find my Rich Simmons tapes??? wth? still off trying to find those LOL who knows where I moved them since I wasn't using them but I know I didn't throw, cause I wouldn't if I never wanted to buy them again ya know.....oh me and moving things around HA

Smart Lori....leave it be, let it go, don't look, don't comment and just let life flow a bit cause in the end, that bit of control we need is just a pain in the azz 'moment' for more people ya know, I have been keeping my thoughts more to me on junk like that, I so get ya LOL !!!! Love it!!
  #113   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 11:16

BF:

Trig!!!!!!! You started already and here I am procrastinating until January 1st! I looked up that 5 day ultimate DVD and like the look of it. I like that it has walking and a bit of other types of workout each day...but not enough to kill ya! I may just order it too.

Yeah.....using the "Leave it" phrase has kept things a lot more pleasant around here. Sometimes I have to go upstairs and talk to myself a bit, but it has kept me from pi$$ing off DH.

Maybe I'll do one of my Amazon Prime walking videos I have saved tomorrow. I'm going to quickly fall behind you if I don't get moving! Go girl!

EDITED TO ADD: Checked the weather forecast and it looks like it'll be pretty decent for an outdoor walk tomorrow.....I'll let you know.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Dec-27-20 at 15:56.
  #114   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 18:28

BF:
Progress:

Lori and Trig --- I'm going to join the "exercise" challenge too, but I'll probably be the wussy in the group. Not going to start till Jan. 2. And then my personal thing is going to start with stretching videos, probably experimenting with those on YouTube. I started this a couple months ago and didn't follow thru, but felt better for the little I did. I'm so freaking out of shape, gotta start with the basics.

Lori---LOL on the "leave it." Yeah, I hear you. Hubby and I have NEVER spent so much time together in the 35 years of our relationship. My bestie here who is divorced says sometimes she envies those w/mates in these times, and sometimes she really DOES NOT. LOL.

When hubby and I get into a little kerfuffle, I tell him "honey, it's not us, it's the THING." Which is mostly true. Of course we tussled now and then pre Co-VID, but not as often as we do now. I think it's particularly hard for him to be so penned up, and harder for him to talk about it, like most men. We have always both been very independent in our relationship in some ways, and hubby was always out and about doing so many things, more than me. SIGH. So, we try our best not take "us" too seriously right now.

Trig---And another yeah, TV is king in our house these days, mostly in the evenings, which are now long, dark and cold. We smile politely at these folks who keep telling us to "cut the cord." Haha, NO WAY. Right now our TV is our temple, LOL. Thankfully lots of good things to watch.

I'm glad you share now and then that there are STILL temptations and hard days for you on the woe. Otherwise sister, I'd have to give you a halo and NEVER share what a mess up I am these days. Still girl, you DO IT. You stick to it, despite the occasional bouts of pain. Agree w/Jaz---you are our Woe hero. LOL, you're like the United States Post Office of the Woe---"in rain or snow or sleet, etc. etc."

Jaz---I'm sorry you think of yourself as "fat" because you are so much more than that, and in every pix you share, I think what a foxy looking lady you are. And, your spirit pokes thru every pix and always seems to say "I'm up for some fun!" THAT is beautiful no matter our weight. I said in a former post that I think when you get back to St. Simon, much is going to change in your mojo for everything, from your woe to the job hunt. That was such a happy place for you, and I'm hoping it will be again. Sometimes we just have to get to our "happy place" either physically or mentally to get going on our goals, all kinds of goals. In the meantime, I think you're such an attractive woman, in so many ways. I don't see you as "fat." I see so much more.

Nic---How did I miss that you too are going to Key West?! I swear my memory has taken a hit in this thing, and I call it the Co-Vid fuzz---because it's either that or I'm aging at warp speed. When are you going?

And hey missy, gads, when I read what you did for these holidays, I feel tired too.
Man, like I said, you are our Xmas energizer bunny, and if at a point it makes you feel like crying, who could blame you. I mean you can only take so much of that two handed drum beat of things to do in your ear.

Love the thermal cup gift from hubby. What could be better than getting something like that you will use every single day and that makes every single day just a little bit nicer and easier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back from bonfire at my brother's. SO beautiful and fun! Snowing ever so lightly, but very mild temps, no wind. Big fire pit fire, blankets on all our laps, 4 dogs running around and one darlin' little 9 month old girl all bundled up, my great niece. At one point I said to my fam, "with the right music behind us, we could be a TV ad of happy Xmas people now." At which point my brother, who had forgotten, ran in and turned on his outdoor speakers, starting with Mariah Carey's "All I want for Xmas is you," which brought us all to our feet dancing our butts off and singing along. Oh my. It was a really, really beautiful moment that the THING could not steal. Nope, we got right around it, and had ourselves a very merry.

In fact we're thinking this might become a part of our tradition on Xmas. A bonfire, if the weather is willing, which it certainly was today. What will be nice is to enjoy it for a bit, and then head inside. And yes, this too shall pass, and won't it just be so fab when it does? We'll all be appreciating the things we used to take for granted so much more!

That's all for me tonight folks. Off to have some dinner and watch something on our fave Xmas gift.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Dec-27-20 at 18:36.
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-20, 18:34

BF:

DOT- Kid was here until almost 1. - Place is a wreck. Laundry spinning, dishes to be done. I took a nap and still need to make up the beds.

Long post tomorrow. Hope you last few days wonderful! Will personals tomorrow!!!!!!!

SO not hopping on scales until Jan. 1 either!!!!!!

Will be up and ready for new day tomorrow. Just tired - ya know. The holiday letdown.

Nite ladies- till tomorrow
  #116   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 05:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Monday again! Each day is really like the next around here. I have to stop and think what day it is quite often. The last week of 2020......not sorry to see the end of it and hoping for a much better 2021.

Blue......another great bonfire story. I was telling DH about the fun you had and he liked the sound of it. Our son is having a big patio area installed next year with fire pit etc. Hoping we'll get an invitation or two. So glad you're joining the "move it" challenge. It's an individual challenge that we're doing together, so anyone can start when the time is right. Oh man....I had to use "Leave It" a lot yesterday! He was getting ready for another couple weeks of hunting and driving me nuts. I'm telling you....."Leave It" works like a charm!

Trig....I ordered that walking workout DVD. Thanks for telling us about it. I love that it's a different workout each day. Today I'm going to get outside for some fresh air and walk for at least 30 minutes. If I can play golf when it's in the 40's, I can go out for a walk! I'll probably wait till early afternoon as that's when it'll be the warmest. See.....I'm trying to wimp out already!

Jaz....I knew you'd be pooped after the dust settled. Having a house guest and all the kid fun wears you down, doesn't it? Hope you can just have a nice quiet week. How long does it take DS to drive from Ohio? That's a long way!

Nic.....hope you've had some time to decompress. It is a let down after all the holiday excitement.
---------

I'm going to put my Tri-tip roast in a marinade this morning and then roast it this afternoon. I'm going to make it early and then I can just reheat some for DH whenever he gets home. I like to eat earlier and he doesn't mind me warming things up for him.

My only goal for today is to get some movement in. The hardest part is taking off my snuggly warm clothes to get going. I get far too comfortable in my Alpaca socks and fuzzy sweatshirt.

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-28-20 at 05:43.
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 07:07

BF:

Lori, very cool ya ordered one of those Ultimate 5 day DVD from her.....yea that is what I liked....one DVD left in the machine, just turn on and get a different program each time LOL Yes I am that sad, I hate even changing out dvds, even that seems like work to me HAHA

very cool!!

You do have more strength than me with bundling up a bit and walking outside etc. I tell ya I won't do it. I just shut down in cold, my living room is gonna have to be my outdoors for a while now

I truly am not a leftover fan mostly, but like your hubby, mine is very fine with leftovers warming. I love that him, he eats up the remainder of stuff in the house so I don't have to throw it and waste money

hubby has no deer hunting in the works, he said a fast 'something' about it the other day in passing and hell I didn't catch most of what he said but it was how bonkers he is going without a hunt spot. ugh.....he is feeling it for sure. oh well....tis what it tis ya know....hope your hubby gets a nice deer!

Jazz, yea the holiday tired, you got it now.....cleaning up, straightening up the house again, and the OH SO tired feeling after, take a day or 2 for sure I tell ya I am so glad all that is over LOL I am ready for the new year and got the holiday in the rear view and forward we go!!

Nicco....waiting on a check in

Blue, yea that HBO Max, heck I would want a subscription for sure! You got all new good stuff to watch, love it! Yea those who don't 'rely on tv', I don't know how they do it LOL I even like tv on in the background when cleaning, like someone is in the house with me when everyone is gone.

oh yea girl, don't ever think me perfect or so strong on my eating plan.....I got mojo and am in my zone but damn if I don't have freaking meltdowns....I sure as heck do. I fight alot more than you guys might think cause I don't post about every darn day I am craving.....hey giving up an old eating life is hard for all of us for sure!!! Thing that flipped for me now is I just can't go back. If I go back and gain back AGAIN 30-40 lbs. I lost AGAIN....it would be over. I absolutely know I can't do this again......I ain't got it in me. Years of battling change ya know.....so that is what keeps me holding plan tight. Knowing if I go off I am lost, a goner, and I know it ya know.....I know how and what I can go backwards so darn fast it is scary. I could put on 30-40 lbs. in a freaking flash and my brain is more locked in on NOT doing that now than giving into the cravings ya know.....I flipped a bit somehow, I just keep holding on my holding plan best I can. But yea, not easy for any of us, none of us should ever kid ourselves on that one

Your bonfire sounds wonderful....plus music! That song is my kiddos fav with Mariah....love it. Girl I give you credit. When I was at the lake campground and it was 'chilly' we had a fire and it doesn't keep me warm enough LOL I couldn't do a bonfire in winter tradition at all, I would be first one opting out and into a warm house HAHA

yea join in with our exercise, we can shame our butts into accountability we will all keep it up to just say we did it and keep the little exercise group going cool

HI everyone
all good here. cold. too cold. can't stand it cold. omg guys it is like I am a frozen popsicle.

when I finish typing I will do the 20 min. exercise with leslie...the easiest one cause hell I don't even wanna do that one HAHA but I said I am all in so I am gonna just do it. Now....before I say oh hell no to it all LOL

then off to grocery for some meats. I need a freezer restock but worse thing is there are no good sales. tomorrow me and Barb will hit Sams and hoping they got a whole tenderloin, but they might be out, hope not, but be nice to have those steaks in the freezer for me.

today is grocery fast and little this and that. I got a new show on Netflix. Bridgerton. Victorian? scandal type....gonna watch that and take the day easy. Not in the mood to do much at all. I got into a very very lazy mode here and while not good, heck I am enjoying being very very lazy kinda

got a ribeye steak for later. chicken. might cook up some bacon....got a hankering for bacon but it is a pain to fry, so will see if I eat that today or put it off....sad huh, frying bacon is too much like work? ugh HAHA

be good everyone

back and edited to say I talked kiddo into doing the 20 min easy walk....omg I thought I was uncoordinated, she is worse HAHA but she said each morning she will do it with me....but of course that has to be seen to be true LOL

ok, got my 20 min. exercise done...WEEeeee

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Dec-28-20 at 07:44.
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 07:58

BF:

Trig.....exercise done already?? And you have a workout buddy? Not fair! I think I'll be doing an indoor session too.....looks cloudy and ugly outside.

The only thing I've done so far is get my Tri-tip in the marinade. Oil, vinegar and some spices. Hope we like it. Oh well....it is what it is at this point.

DH is getting ready to leave and I'm going to go get on my leggings and walk away the pounds! Woohoo.....I'm excited.

EDITED: Back to report that I did my first Leslie Sansone walking video! It was a 30 minute one that I found on YouTube. I loved it! The one I did was supposed to be about 3 miles, I think. I really liked the arm movements and steps/kicks etc. The time flew by and I worked up a sweat. My hamstring barked the first time I did a front kick, but then it loosened up. The upper body movements were good for my shoulder too as it was getting a bit stiff.

Thanks Trig!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-28-20 at 10:03.
  #119   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 11:51

BF:

OK LADIES - Fully back and engaged.
Laundry done, STUFF put back into place, STUFF tossed out, Beds made, bathrooms cleaned.

Hey I want in on the Work Out challenge too! I truly need an accountability group.
Ya, I do think of myself as fat right now. Not because I am self shaming, but because I FEEL unhealthy at this weight.
I don't like huffing and puffing up a hill on a walk with kids. I feel very outta shape. Even walking long stretches I huff and puff. Not like me. I FEEL heavier. Hard to explain. You just MOVE differently in a lighter body!!!!
I have noticed, I move a tad slower. So ya- not a body thing, and need to get my crap together and feel better body! I know I am HOT at any body weight - ROFL ROFL - HAHAHAHAHA-

So count me in ladies!!!!!!!!

So let me catch up with you all Chatter bugs!!!!!!

Lori- You crack me up on "Leave it" Phrase- to keep from getting snarky with HUBS!!!!!- Ya- men.......... that's all I got on that one!!!!!
You know my son was here 3 days- THREE DAYS. It took me all day yesterday to clean up after. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh Oh well. It was worth it!!!!!!
Yum on a roast!

Trig- Look at you miss motivator! Hey I want to start 2021- in high spirits. Regardless of what is going on in the world- we can control our homes and our bodies and feed ourselves inside and out good stuff.
All stocked up on the beef huh!!!- I wish I liked chicken. I just don't. DE killed it for me.
I hear you loud and clear on the craving and all. I am there with you on losing, gaining, and having to los it AGAIN!!!!!- Once my weight comes off- NEVER AGAIN!!!!- I am like you. I want it off for the LAST time!
I AM in the process of losing the weight I had ALREADY lost......it will happen.

I am truly thinking of a POSITIVE word. I love this tradition.

Blue- So wonderful to not just get one but 2 posts to catch up on!!!! Leave it to you to take a situation and make it grand! I love the bonfire story!!!!! I can just see you chatting away- and let it be cold. I can sure SEE YOU dancing around the fire pit!!!!!!

Wow- on the HBO- I know you are in heaven. Such a thoughtful gift from your son!!!!!!!!
I don't have HBO, and not going to get it either. Netflix and Prime are enough.

You will have to update us on good finds.

Nic- I bet you are doing what I did yesterday. Regrouping yourself and getting your house in order!!!! Not to mention some down time!!!!!!!
Can't wait to hear all your details!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
Let a gal take a day off and tons to read- I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Oh TRIG- I am so with you on the cold. IT is FREEZING HERE and I just don't want to move.
I am chilled- I have on 2 layers and STILL cold!!!! I am on the countdown now to packing up and heading MORE SOUTH!!!!!! It is 15 degrees warmer than here.

I am so looking forward to 2021 being better. I think Jan. /Feb- maybe a bit into March might be rough for our country. We need to have the Presidential transition go smooth, and with Covid Vaccines coming it will still takes a few months. But I am hopeful. I just think the Jan/Feb. could be a bit unnerving.

All that being said- WE can be positive and have fresh beginning. I plan too.
I want in on the work out
I am thinking of my word

My goal - is TRULY for this to be the year I hit my healthiest point ever.
No clothing size, no numbers to shoot for- just HEALTHY. I will know when I hit it.
Clean food, clean water, good sleep, fresh air- healthy friendships.

I am going to go back to tracking both cal/and carbs
tracking my exercise. I used an app before and it was pretty good. I know there are tons out there now.
So I will be exploring those.

I had a GREAT time with the kids!!!!!!!!! I really did. It was just wonderful!!!!
Son is going to spend a week with my in St. Simon at some point.
My DD ask if I wanted to go with them to Disney in April. -
I will be taking a pass on that, to rich for my blood! She can send pic's.

Steak thawing for tomorrow. Left over LC chili for today.
Chilling- Literally- Not venturing out, to cold!!!!!!

Going to check out the walking you tube with Leslie, and Bridgerton from TRIG!!!!

Have a good one
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-20, 12:43

BF:

Lori, oh super cool....yea the 30 min on is a 3 mile way so happy you found one on youtube and went for it.

that is what I like about her, arm movements and even the walking, kicking, and side stepping is very contained ya know, no insanity high intensity anything.......very very simple routines and nice thing is you do work up a sweat and you do increase heart rate and more if you keep her beat as it goes faster.

I do love the low impact of it all, but for sure, your body knows you are working out by the end of it all......wait til we do the 5 mile one LOL we will feel it probably

Very cool you got one down and are happy with it!! I think we are gonna love our new DVDs we got coming!

Jazz, yea check out leslie on youtube, you might like her enough to buy a few dvds or something and do the same exercise I am gonna do.....I can't 'do alot' or 'jump around' a ton....that is not me at all, I can't do complicated steps or any over the top jumping moves and all, ain't gonna do it LOL but her workouts just 'suit me' ya know.....like you said, move move move anyway ya can and I know I need more endurance built up and freer movements in the old body

so glad all is cleaned and ya had a blast with the family!!

I understand what you are saying, I feel the extra weight also and when I bloat up also, omg it is like lugging around a few babies in each arm....that huff and puff and truth be told, there ain't a darn one of us that damn old to be huffing and puffing.....so yea, I hear you on that. Healthy. Fit. Vibrant. without the 'ohhh, is that gonna tax me too much?' or 'I am too stoved up to do that and stiff' and all that crazy cause hell guys, while getting older, we sure ain't that darn bad....not one of us!!! All of us got it in us to be more flexible, and gain endurance, so heck yea, lets do it. Love it.