Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1036   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-21, 11:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all! Happy Friday!

Jaz- Oh my word, poor Ruger. I'm glad you stood up for him and he will be on the mend.

Trig- aw, Mom is coming for a visit! Very nice! Your DD is so lucky to get to spend time with her like she does.

Lori- Yay for feeling better today! Great news.
I hope your DH has a good trip and that all goes well with Betty while you are in charge!

••••••••••••

Sitting in the FR right now listening to DS22 in a meeting. Last day of sharing this space with him and listening to him in meetings right next to me!

Yup, DS22 is actually moving out, for real. He is off to his new life in NYC. He signed a one year lease on an apartment in Midtown East (Manhattan) with two roommates. After the lease is up, he will be married and he and his new bride will get a place of their own. So yeah, the second birdie is officially flying the nest this weekend and we will be down to only one. Very mixed feelings and bittersweet. I am so glad I can go with him this weekend (we leave tomorrow and I come back on Monday) and spend time with him in his new city, get him settled and give him lots of hugs!

I need to go upstairs and get dressed and ready to go. My CASA Littles have adoption court today and that case will officially end. I am ready. I have not been a very good CASA after the pandemic hit. I knew they were in a good placement and honestly sort of let that ball drop.

Tonight we are going to the dinner theater. That is always fun and likely the last one for DS22, unless we can score one for Xmas and he is able to come home. First time to consider we might not have one come home. So weird! And not in a good way but I guess that is the way life is.

Ok, gotta go get dressed. Brand new courthouse, just opened up this week so that will be exciting to see.
Sponsored Links
  #1037   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-21, 15:18

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Late afternoon report:

The plumber came this morning around 9 and I have a new faucet & handles. How sad is it that I'm excited about that? I did my laundry and saw DH et al off at Noon. I went to the grocery store around 4 so I don't have to do that early tomorrow morning before golf. Betty called me while I was at the store and told me that she is all tucked in for the night and her friend who was visiting brought her dinner and locked her big front door when she left. She wanted me to know that I didn't have to come to see her tonight. I'll pop in in the morning and check on her before golf and then late tomorrow afternoon I'll stop in to get her dinner.

Nic.....have a fabulous time in NYC!

Bye for now!
  #1038   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 03:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Me again! I'm up way too early with nothing to do, so here I am. I got up at 3 to go to the loo and really didn't get back to sleep when I went back to bed. Finally gave up and got up at a bit after 4. I don't have to start getting ready for golf till 7:30, so have lots of hours to kill.

DH & the boys will be out on the water by now up on Lake Ontario. They had to be at the boat by 5AM. I hope they all remembered to take their sea sickness pills! It'll be a miserable day if they forgot.

Well, I'm starving this morning so have to find something to eat. Another cup of coffee sounds pretty good too.

Have good days!
  #1039   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 05:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning! I am up early too!!!!!!!

Yesterday was busy- then after work I sat on the patio and and my phone was ringing non-stop and I was in bed by 10:00!!!! Whoot big time party animal here!!!!

NIC- your post was sorta sad. It is a milestone to watch the kids fly the nest. When DD left for college she didn't come back. My son actually choose to live at home and go to a local collage. He has always been more of a homebody. He would do so well with a wife!

Enjoy your trip and safe travels!!!!!! TAKE PICTURES!

YAY on the continued wt. drop.

TRIG- your post was sad too........ giving up a part of what makes you happy. I wouldn't say that if I thought you abused alcohol. But I think it is fun to have a fun little drink and be pool side as well. But gosh if it isn't working drop it! I know you aren't into the sparkling waters. I totally love them! No sweetness in them either! I love them with a squirt of lime. Just thinking- plus they keep ya hydrated.

Yum on that collection of meat- bring them right on down! I will help ya with those ribs!
Finding a local butcher here is on my list!

Going to be a beautiful day! Enjoy it!

Lori- Bummer on getting up at 3!!!!! I have so done the same thing. I think it's worse when ya lay there and then FINALLY fall asleep only to have that alarm ring and time for work!

Yup- I love new things added to the house! I spend a ton on little stuff for the dollhouse. Which BTW- is valued at 250's right now! UNREAL. For a home the size of my apt.
Location , location, location.

Have a great game today- enjoy or after game beer and day!
---------------------------------------------------------
So last night was SUCH a pretty evening. I took the Ruggles for a nice long walk and we ended up at the "doggie play area" here at the apt. Where dogs can be off leash officially- because it's a fenced area.
Anyway- long story. But when I first moved here the first week I was still so devastated over Bella not being here. (still am). But I was walking and saw a gal with a TINY puppy 6 weeks old and I busted into tears. Anyway she came over and I was telling her my Bella saga and she started crying.
Then she told me about her dog loss. Then she let me play with her new puppy.

So too fast forward the story she and the puppy who is 3 weeks older than Ruger were at the doggie park. her puppy and my puppy played and played and played last night. They just hit it off and did so well. Tumbled and dog played. Neither dog was too rough. It was fabulous. she said she takes her pooch there several times a day! I will be back.

She is a super sweet gal. Young- 30's but very sweet. She and her husband also have an older 1.5y/o German Shepard that was eyeing my puppy fiercely. He was a too big for Ruger just yet. But he wanted to play too and didn't.

Yesterday I had a hankering for crab cakes again so I made some. A LITTLE I mean LITTLE container of lump crab is 15.99 for 8 oz. Crazy but I figured if I went out to eat- bought some crab cakes they would be loaded with filler, and small. Then the sides would be slaw and fries, add 2 glasses of wine and a tip- 50+ bucks. For CRAP FOOD.
So I paid the 16 bucks and had pure lump cakes and MY slaw on my patio and that was that!

I AM GETTING OUT today.
It is beautiful and I need a road trip. Day trip. thinking St. Simon or Jeykel. It's only 7:55 right now and I am 2 cups in with coffee. I figure if I can hit the road by 8:45. I could be on the beach by 10- 10:15. Spend several hours there and then bum around the island a bit. I am going to put down blankets in the back for Ruger, he is coming. I want to get him used to the water and people.

Ok- I am off to put my feet in the sand. This is why I live here!
  #1040   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 07:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, reading about your DS22 it really put it into perspective that he is leaving and doing his own adult life thing for permanent ya know....wow...another flies the nest You are of course gonna be on permanent speed dial for him when he needs something LOL

enjoy your dinner theater!!

Lori, glad your plumber got there!!
sorry ya didn't sleep great, neither did I!
ugh, it is a friggin long day already HA
I feel ya on that but hope your golf goes good.
sounds like you are over your shot!

Jazz....tell me what flavored waters you drink...I might have to adapt myself to those vs. the crap I use for my rum drink LOL

Sounds like fun with the doggie park plus it gets him very used to other dogs....good move to get him aquainted with it all.

yea take him to the beach, he is a pup, he should love it and when he gets tired and you are tired just come on home....nothing wrong with a day out and about with your new pooch!

sunny and hot here so I know you are boiling too

--------mom here, all good
put a big chuck roast in the crockpot, with taters carrots and all.
for them, I got a rack of ribs

didn't sleep good. hubby SNORED OMG and I got like no winks and he was up at 5 am for work so I got up....I am super dragging this morning truly. ugh.

I see a monster nap this afternoon like to the tune of 2-3 hrs LOL

taking day slow
whatever day here, got no get up and go cause it gone up and went HA

be good all
  #1041   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 18:04

BF:

awesome day- tired- night
  #1042   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 04:08

BF:

Good Morning!

It's going to be a long day. We decided to not play golf today as we had even more rain yesterday afternoon/evening. The course was partially under water yesterday, so will only be worse today. Ugh. We had a doozy of a storm last night. Thunder & lightning and high winds with pouring rain. It lasted a couple hours. Not a fan. All is calm this morning.

DH & the gang are on their way home from NY. Fishing canceled for today due to bad weather. They caught a bunch yesterday, so they're not too disappointed. They should be home before Noon.

I'll pop back in later.
  #1043   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 05:04

BF:

bet you are super tired Jazz you and the poochie!

Lori, yea a super soggy water logged golf course won't be fun LOL
not a fan, oh my I love big Tstorms at night with the big booms and lightening, but only for a short bit

Super glad you DH did get in some good fishing and at least got some of that trip in good form!

Nicco, waiting on a checkin and wondering if the dinner theater went well

----------mother in law called last night, can't breathe, labored etc.....hubby took her to ER and testing etc. and she got admitted. probably heart with fluid again, she has gone in for this before a few times so maybe that is it, but I chatted with her and she said she is more comfortable and set for the night and we will get all the info. today from tests etc.

my mom is here doing wonderful and eating up like a hound dog LOL

having rack of ribs for me later and leftover beef stew for family and putting a big ol' roaster chicken on the grill. meat all around for everyone

over and out
  #1044   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 08:01

BF:

Hey folks! Checking in.

So the dinner theater went well on Friday night. Rob wasn't feeling great with a cold, so he left at the midpoint, but DS22 and Dd and I stayed. I did well with the buffet and stayed on plan even with the sweets on offer PLUS DH's birthday special treats as well.

DS22 and I got on the road to NYC a little before 10 and got here at about 2:30 or so- we hit a bit of traffic and construction along the way. It rained off and on the whole day and we spend a fair amount of time getting soaked while carrying stuff. There was some degree of stress going on with figuring out how to do all this and where to put the car etc. For the move in, we used a parking garage across the street and then carried stuff into his apt back and forth from the parking garage, in the pouring rain! lol

Then we went and got food- I was STARVING out of control hungry. I had had about 1 oz salami and 1 oz cheese- Half of one of those little tiny protein packs- and coffee. It was now almost five PM and I was so freaking hungry. I had an 8 oz filet, shared some thin cut fries and a glass of Sauvignon blanc and then I was good to go. That was it for me for the day and overnight. Just picked up some coffee with cream from Dunkin until lunchtime.

SO, after dinner I told DS I just wanted to go HARD and do everything we needed the car for in one feel swoop, because after that I wanted to use SpotHero to park it in a garage until I leave on Tuesday. So then I drove us to Brooklyn and we hit up the IKEA for two and a half hours. They close at 9, we left there after 9:30 PM and we were SO TIRED. OMG. We had a crap ton of stuff in two carts. I got him outfitted with basics: bath mat, 2 towel, various kitchen supplies like a can opener, colander etc, trash can, desk light, etc plus we got him a desk, desk chair, mattress, bed frame, dresser, side table, shoe rack. I mean it was a LOT. Ikea is such a freaking deal though- we got ALL of that for 960$. He will have his work cut out for him with assembly though!! Today we will work on some of that and also walk over to Target and get him a few other basics AND an electric drill!

Taking him with me tonight to Brooklyn (via subway this time!) to meet a friend of mine and her husband for dinner. They don't know him (although of course she knows of him- this is my 8th grade friend that I came here to be with a couple of weeks ago) and so that should be a nice time.

Poor DS also needs to figure out how to get the window AC unit in. His apartment has no AC and it was just brutally hot in there. His room must have been approaching 90 degrees!

He stayed with me in the hotel last night and will likely be here tonight as well. I'm coming back home on Tuesday and then Thursday Dh and I leave for the beach.

BTW we are on the 5th floor of a hotel in midtown east. I am glad I use a sound machine bc when the subway goes by UNDERGROUND it rumbles in my room! I upgraded to a suite bc I'm special like that! Glad I did so DS can have a bed.

ALSO Dh played in a poker tourney yesterday. He paid 150 to play, stayed in it for FOURTEEN HOURS (this sounds like a nightmare to me, BTW) and left having won $1500. How about that? He can put that money into his poker playing account. He is happier now when I travel on weekends bc he plays poker!
  #1045   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 08:04

BF:

Lori- sorry for the heavy rain, both for you and your DH. Bummer about his cancellation but I'm glad he got some good catches in before he had to cancel.

Trig- if you don't like the waters like LaCroix, you could also look into something like Sparkling Ice. IMO they are very sweet but they have (obvs) more flavor than something like LaCroix. Those are really hit and miss with people- I am not a fan but my brother's family loves them. To me it tastes like you had a sip of someone's drink after they finished it and the ice melted. Just a hint/essence only.

Enjoy your Mom!

Jaz- Looking forward to hearing about your day! Glad you went to the dog park and Ruger made a friend!
  #1046   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 08:16

BF:

God Morning!

TRIG- So sorry about your MIL! IS your hubby worried? Does she have a scale?4 pounds in on week is sorta the benchmark for fluid retention. I bet they up her lasix. they have some really good medication out now for CHF.

Glad your mom is doing well and eating you out of house and home How long is she staying????- The only way I like chicken is grilled. Yum on doing a spatchcock chicken.

You ask about Lacroix..I like the lemon cello and the key lime. I also splurge on Pellegrino sometimes. LOVE IT

NIC- Oh updates- I am dying to know who NYC and all is going! HE got an apt in Manhattan?!?!?!?!? Seriously the hub of the world! Did your hubby go with you? Are you going to stay an extra day to explore?!?!?!?!? Can't wait to hear!

Lori- Nothing worse than a soggy mess! Yup take a day to two and let it air out! plus the bugs- urghhhhhhhhhhh

I know your hubby will be glad to get home! then comes all that laundry!
Enjoy your day!
-------------------------------------------------
Hot Hot Hot and HUMID here. Sweat dripping hot/humid.

Yesterday was so wonderful. Took the pup to the beach. All in all he didn't do bad. He was not a fan- he munched a lick full of sand and decided it sucked! Then he got a mouthful of ocean water and I was waiting for him to heave but he never did.

He did follow me RELUCTANTLY into the water. He was totally wet and then rolled in sand. We were both covered in sand and mud and needed a bath when we got him. Truly first time out I would call it successful. HOWEVER, I need some sort of shade.
I need an umbrella or something to pop up to keep some shade for both of us. I will be going more and more, and staying longer and longer.
I want a beach boy! HAHAHAHAH

Today is doggie training and OMG have I been WAITING for this! Class is at 1:00pm for an hour. I will be asking a thousand questions. I will say though everyday he is less and less fearful. Not sure what happened to him in the shelter- I am thinking he has been hit at sometime.
So the fact he is now voluntary snuggling up to me on the couch is a milestone!
He still has moments- but hey he is puppy! He is going to be one FINE DOG!!!!!! He is a winner!

I am up a pound........... not worried. I am doing fine with WOE.
IF is really still working for me as well. My sweet eating time is 3-4.
When I am working sometimes it gets a tad later.

My son is staying on Jekyll. He will be here at least one day. not sure as we are playing it by ear. I am open to him coming anytime. I have to time off though and that sorta sucks.
It is an act of god to get away from the desk and ball and chain.
Seriously I was 4 minutes late getting back from a break and got a hand slap. So over it. It is what is is for right not I will stop whining.

Need to run to the grocery after puppy class. I will bring him back here and crate him and then run to the store for a few days of supplies.
Then might hit up the pool!!!!! GREAT pool day.

Beautiful day! Enjoy it!
  #1047   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 09:06

BF:

DH is home and I have the washer spinning and all his unpacking done. He didn't really take a lot, so not a big job. He is asleep in his recliner and will be most of the day. Two nights away in a strange bed and getting up super early had all of the fishermen looking dragged out. BIL headed for home as soon as they got here. He has another 2 hour drive to his place. He's been having cardiac issues and really looks rough. He has aged 15 years in the past 2. He is only 71 years old, but his health is not good and he's on 5 or 6 meds. It's a shame.

So....I'm watching golf on TV while DH naps. I may just nap too!

--------

Jaz......Glad you and Ruger had a good beach day. I can't imagine getting sand out of dog fur. ACK!!

Trig...Sorry about MIL's health issues. I hope she responds to treatment and can go home soon.

Nic....You have been a busy girl this weekend! I would be a basket case trying to navigate around NYC. When do your son's roommates arrive? Hopefully they can all help each other with assembly of furniture etc. and getting everything settled.

-------

Well, washer is chiming. One more load to go.

Have good days!
  #1048   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-21, 09:51

BF:

wow everyone is shakin' and jumpin', movin' out or needing a giant friggin' nap

Nicco....holy moly....just reading your trip and parking and moving in stuff and from IKEA and all this is insanity.....I bet you are in 'that zone' of not knowing if you are coming or going??? But you are like me, you stick it out, ALL IN, and then you just 'do what ya gotta' til that changeover time, when you head out and SIGH BIG and say OMG THAT IS ALL OVER!

very cool on DH and his poker fund...love it! I would do something like that, I love poker

loved reading your post, you are a mover and doer!

Jazz, puppy class. so cool. here he learns some manners, all pets need them

he will be your beach pal Plus you should shop 'all kinds of beach shade' cause there is a crap ton more available now than just a cumbersome umbrella to carry and put up....tons of options. So think and research what kinda shake cover you want before ya buy just anything......so many cool things out there truly and easier than an umbrella but in the end if that is best then they got so many kinds to choose LOL I do alot of shade research for beach alot....not sure on my next buy....waiting for my little umbrella with the built-in table with cup holders to die, but damn the thing is like 15 yrs old and darn thing won't die HAHA Can't buy new til this is gonzo.....frugal me HA

Lori....glad you DH is resting....not a darn thing wrong with that!
golf on tv too...wow you are a master fan!

Yea when someone ages so fast when you last saw them....and then you see them and think, OH MY, that darn medical issues can truly age someone so fast and that to me is not a great thing....tough stuff and hope he starts to recover and gain back more strength and better health! All any of us can hope for.

----------back from grocery store.
mom wanted a few things but she walked into the store, did 2 aisles and that was it....she parked herself and the cart at a checkout and I ran around the store getting the rest. Mom's power is going lower and lower but she is still hoppin' for being 93 LOL

MIL....got report. fluid around heart. So they said 2 days to release, they are gonna med correct, make sure fine and discharge....maybe tomorrow but probably early Tues. Her heart Doc is seeing her tomorrow in hospital. She recovers fast thru treatment so? hope it is that way this time.

SO SINCE she has this before and this 'is a thing' with her I went ahead and booked 4 days away at Sadlers Creek State Park in SC. Waterfront site. bring kayaks and fish rods but I can cancel by Thurs and lose only a tiny bit on cancel fee but I also realized I need to book trips and 'maybe do them' but can't just wait around on wondering if someone is gonna be sick longer or shorter LOL Believe me this med stuff goes down all the time for her in a way ya know.....but just living my life around it all.

thanks for info on sparkling waters and more....have to hit store and really see what is out there. I know I tried so many and hated darn near all of them LOL but will search it again......Nicco the sparkling ice one, me and kid tried it, yea too sweet for us tho.

---------ok over and out and waiting for my rack of darn pork ribs to be done, 12 here and I am friggin' starving Can't wait to dig in
  #1049   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 05:25

BF:

Good Morning!

I slept in till nearly 6:30 this morning. I was up at 1:30 to visit the "little room" and then had trouble getting back to sleep. DH slept most of the day yesterday and last evening and then all night. He should be caught up on his sleep!

Today I have a Chiro appt. at 11 and need to run to the post office. That's it for my day......exciting, right? I may do an exercise video since I did nothing yesterday. It's been a long time since I've done a Pahla B. video. I'm not feeling very ambitious right now.

Maybe another cup of coffee will pep me up. Have a good day!
  #1050   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 06:30

BF:

Good Morning - it's a Monday!

NIC- I am on the edge of my feet to know how it's all going down!!!! Is your hubby with you? I know you are "getting it done"!!!!!

Lori- Wowsa on the sleep your hubby needed. Hope is was just tired and not getting sick.

I think having a day off is just grand!!!!! I love a rest day!
- on the sand in dog fur!!!! HAHAHAAHA- So I he was wet and covered in much and sand- I was covered in sand. I had to get out of the car to get gas- hoped back in and said "WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!?!?!?!?!?- Oh yea WET DOG. Bath and all good and soft and fluffy again.

Trig- Yum on ribs! I so wanted some this week and left them sit TOOOOO long in the fridge. When pork goes bad trust me you can smell it!
Glad yours is fresh and in the oven! See you do cook!!!!! HAHAHAHAH
------------------------------------------

OMG you all are going to spit coffee- yea I fell again. This time the Calvary came because I thought I broke my leg. Thankfully sitting in one spot and resting and not moving for 30 minutes I was able then to stand. But oh yea- I just had to fall in public and NOT GET UP.
So I was out by the pool and there is a fire pit there. The button and timer are on the bottom. Well I didn't have my glasses with me so I leaned over and down to SEE the time and just kept going. Landed both knees and elbow. I declined going to ER. What for to sit there for hours for what? Basically, they would tell me to stop being a klutz.
Trust me when I make it to the pearly white gates and my angel is done - she will ask for an extended VACAY!!!!!!!!!!!
So today I am just walking slow and chewing Motrin to wait for the swelling to go down. Both knees caps are swollen like basket balls. But pretty sure nothing is broken. But hey when the swelling goes down I will re-evaulate. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh I am so klutzy.

I have no time off - plus it would so not bode well.

I have salmon I have cooling from the oven for later.

check in later