Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1021   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 06:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

OH my gosh Jazz you told me to get crab legs and YOU talked yourself into a top seafood meal....shrimp and crab legs!!! with Kerrygold....you lucky dog you HAHA Darn you best enjoy that fest!

AND YOU are point on....I see it....I AM ONE nibble away from crazy and a monster hog wilder and I tell you one thing, when I go off plan, I GO OFF plan for a while and have a hard time dragging me back into it and have to lose the 10-12 lbs I will gain again, over and over and never get ahead....I absolutely can do just that, done it many times.

yell at me for sure, I need to hear it and see it in writing to remember WHO I AM and what it takes for me for health.
I appreciate it really cause WHO knows me on eating better than you guys who I tell ahhh, support group, good friends but great support on it our eating lifestyle changes!

Yea I am an animal person, from cats to horses to dogs to animal livestock to my aquariums and all....I get ya...better with an animal than without Glad you got Rugar to help and Bella knows you are now loving another animal as great as you did for her ya know....down the line treating those critters that need it good in life is a very compassionate way to move forward cause as much as we give them, they can sure give it back trifold to us!

Is it RU--grrr or Rug-ar? How do you say that name HAHA

Cool on your work....you got recognized...you might end up being your manager on the line managing others like you are being managed....online manager of a group.....gotta be easier so keep up the great work and go for your supervisors job LOL
which might be great or NOT so great HA

You know I can't get how 450 or more can be handled by a physical body....hell I bloat up 3-4 lbs and I swear I put on 20...feels that way lugging it around.....no joke, anyone higher in weight has issues, cause I was one from just the sheer weight of what we carry.....oh yea it ain't judging or shaming, it is ABOUT health and quality of daily life just 'doing whatever' and more weight, more we suffer, I know I did.

ok....waiting, waiting for damn pharmacy to open and I can move out......omg torture.....been forever just waiting to hit road and be done ugh
the day is damn near over to me HA
Sponsored Links
  #1022   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 07:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

So I am going to come at this whole carb nibbling discussion a different way, since the nibbling has happened, and reframe it. This is the way my mind tends to work when I can get some perspective (and our minds of course are all different.)

So, Karen took a taste of a fry, and of a chicken tender. She has held off for a long time prior, and these things have built up in her mind as being really really good, deprivation etc. She takes the tastes and they taste- not good. Like old oil. Not fresh, not delicious.

BOOM. You have short circuited the lie your brain was feverishly building up into that being the most delicious thing ever and realized that no, it isn't. You will likely have a good long period of time now where it holds no appeal bc you have a recent and updated report to tell your brain. I almost think of it as like the brain has on a little white scientist lab coat and it was like, "Just Checking, nope, we don't actually like that. Make a note of it, we are moving on." And hopefully your brain will quiet around those foods for a while, KWIM?

Same thing can happen when we want something and eat it and then feel like crap afterward. Almost like on occasion that action and reminder can serve as a repellant.

This of course assumes that you don't love it and go flying down the rabbit hole. But by and large I think you guys might be less likely to do that now than you think you might be. I haven't seen evidence of that in a long time- years- from either of you. You know? You both have eaten 'off your plan' now and again and you have both gotten yourselves back on track and not lost your minds at all. It may be that those are 'old scripts' but I don't know. Not telling you anything but my own thoughts and observations from afar.
  #1023   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 07:54

BF:

Jaz- I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of Ruger. Rugar? You have spelled it both ways so I'm not sure which it is. I'm knocking this out first before I get buried in other things.

I think your kids don't get that your dog isn't just a dog, your dog is very much your companion, kwim? Your dog serves as your person, far more than just an animal or pet! Does your son live alone and not have a pet either? Or ?

Trig- you cook like my husband. He just slaps shit in the microwave- the faster the better. DS22 and I go for low and slow more often. Bake the bacon etc vs microwave. But you also might wait to eat until you are ravenous as well. I've been trying to work on noticing physical hunger cues (not emotional or mental hunger cues) and then get started on food prep before I am REALLY hungry, at which point I'm on my way around the bend. That does happen sometimes when I don't eat and then get out on errands for way too long, come back and it is like 2 pm and I'm beyond the pale hungry. lol

Also, I leave my steaks etc thick, not thin. For thin ones like thin cut ribeye I definitely sear it off and call it done. So good!

Jaz- tell me more about Ashawanda. I don't know about it.

Lori- do you have storms predicted for tonight also? We have one predicted for later today that is supposed to be heavy. We missed the ones last night although we did have quite a lightning show two nights ago. Went on for hours.

Make sure and wear your shoes for soggy golfing!

••••••••••

So I got a ton done yesterday, which felt awesome! That being said, I have somehow twisted my knee, so no exercise for me today while I rest it.

I'm going to lightly menu plan (I'll be gone Sat-Monday) and then leaving again next Th for the beach with DH. Whew, crazy and all this is coming right on the heels of the other thing more than I would like. I feel a bit like I'm in a rip current at the moment! Anyway, menu plan and go to the store.

Other than that, I need to get an emissions test and oil change done, probably on Thursday, along with a lunch date on Thursday. Friday is adoption court and the dinner theater.

I don't think I'm going to see a loss this week, not surprising with all the people here. I did stay sugar free and flour free during all of it which is a pretty big win given all the stress and chaos, and all the FOOD around all the time. My weigh in is tomorrow for the week.
  #1024   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 10:39

BF:

Nicco that was a wonderful post and thoughts about 'off nibbles' and I so resonated with this part:

This of course assumes that you don't love it and go flying down the rabbit hole.

the whole key being HOW they eat and bring food in IS not my food of choice ya know....I was always a picky eater in that I wanted MY food MY way and I did that in carby land and I think the one thing that holds me harder is what choices do come into the house is NOT a draw.....but gosh forbid I ever get a hit of that draw.

In like the hub and kiddo love love that crap mac and cheese Kraft small box...omg trash to me and the other day hubby took on making is own mac n cheese and put like 4 cheeses on some penne pasta and baked til crispy and with butter and more AND I TOOK a noodle loaded with cheese and I literally had to contain myself with hardcore f'ing cravings cause that put me in 'mom mac n cheese' mod from old timey taste.........and I tell ya there was a few small spoons left of it and I inhaled it point blank and I said to me, what next? what else can I eat in this house and luckily, nothing I wanted LOL but I thought of driving to the store to 'get my old crap food' I desired.............but older me said hell no I ain't combing my hair or changing clothes to go out in public HAHA and that saved me truly.

So I am 'a lost cause sometimes' real fast or a 'one who can hang' on plan IF....the IF is a monster factor for me ya know.........

but what you wrote was great and I so get it and feel it.

I like your thoughts and a tons of thanks for posting it.

gives me thoughts I need to address and deal as we all do 'to make it lifelong' and hold our health plans.

#1025   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 18:47

BF:

Trig- Ah, so that Mac and Cheese nearly gotcha then. But by and large there aren't things in the house that pull ya?

This house has lots of stuff that I would eat. Some of it will lessen once the two DSs are gone but honestly my DH is eating plenty of crap lately. It is amazing he doesn't gain a crap ton of weight.
  #1026   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 19:16

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I love this discussion actually...... Truly I love the different perspective.
I think after thinking about it it DEPENDS....... so if the TASTE is exactly as thought...... ya know it wasn't all that done...... good to go and it keeps ya from going nuts with the FANTASY that really plays with your head.

But I have experienced the other end too- where is is like oh MACn Cheese where have you been my entire life. Let me bury my head in a bowl and not come up for breathe.

Yup- both are valid. And I just love discussion and other points of view

Yeah.... I had to correct myself - he is Ruger. Like the Pistol- my little pistol. I did spell it wrong- but he is RUGER! - I wanted to name him after my favorite 9mm actually. I know it sounds bad...... But hey I am a firearm gal and love the name. Very manly.
So Ruger it is...... I need to correct it with the vet. but I fired her today anyway.

So told me I had a hyper, and negative behavior dog and I needed to give him tramadol daily to dull his hyper puppy self.
Well What I feel will get me booted from this site.
My pup is not taking a pill daily to dull him, they took him from the car- tossed him in a crate and them gave him 2 shots and said he was hyper.
Dam would you not be???????? I wasn't allowed to be there with him. He was scared. He is a rescue. He has spent the last 3 months toss from pillar to post.
I am not tossing him away as a throw away pup or giving up on him. (even though he ate my baseboard today while I was gone). Sigh......
You know- I was a throw away kid,,,,,,, but I had a few people that could see my good. I see that in him. We are going to get through this. He is STILL A PUPPY.

I will get a more compassionate vet, and my dog is staying at my side and I just see his potential. He is a great dog with rough edges.

I ended up buying some crab and shrimp - tomorrow. Fished off the chili but tomorrow is a seafood day.

lator ladies. Personals tomorrow
  #1027   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-21, 19:22

BF:

I love this discussion actually...... Truly I love the different perspective.
I think after thinking about it it DEPENDS....... so if the TASTE is exactly as thought...... ya know it wasn't all that done...... good to go and it keeps ya from going nuts with the FANTASY that really plays with your head.

But I have experienced the other end too- where is is like oh MACn Cheese where have you been my entire life. Let me bury my head in a bowl and not come up for breathe.

Yup- both are valid. And I just love discussion and other points of view

Yeah.... I had to correct myself - he is Ruger. Like the Pistol- my little pistol. I did spell it wrong- but he is RUGER! - I wanted to name him after my favorite 9mm actually. I know it sounds bad...... But hey I am a firearm gal and love the name. Very manly.
So Ruger it is...... I need to correct it with the vet. but I fired her today anyway.

So told me I had a hyper, and negative behavior dog and I needed to give him tramadol daily to dull his hyper puppy self.
Well What I feel will get me booted from this site.
My pup is not taking a pill daily to dull him, they took him from the car- tossed him in a crate and them gave him 2 shots and said he was hyper.
Dam would you not be???????? I wasn't allowed to be there with him. He was scared. He is a rescue. He has spent the last 3 months toss from pillar to post.
I am not tossing him away as a throw away pup or giving up on him. (even though he ate my baseboard today while I was gone). Sigh......
You know- I was a throw away kid,,,,,,, but I had a few people that could see my good. I see that in him. We are going to get through this. He is STILL A PUPPY.

I will get a more compassionate vet, and my dog is staying at my side and I just see his potential. He is a great dog with rough edges.

I ended up buying some crab and shrimp - tomorrow. Fished off the chili but tomorrow is a seafood day.

lator ladies. Personals tomorrow
  #1028   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-21, 04:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Rough start this morning. I got my Shingles vax yesterday afternoon and my arm was aching pretty bad about 3AM. Reminded me of when my broken shoulder was bad. When I got up about 5:30, I had a "wave" of something come over me. I just felt really bad. Everything hurt and then I broke out in a cold sweat. It only lasted a few minutes, but it wasn't fun. I took 3 Advil when I got up and I'll see how I feel by 8 o'clock and decide if I'm going to play golf today. I seem to be ok since the cold sweats passed. It's better than suffering with Shingles and it's aftermath, but I usually don't react to vax.

Jaz.....yeah, it sounds like a new Vet would be a good idea.
Oh no on him eating your baseboards. I suppose you'll have to report it to the LL at some point and they'll charge you for repair. Oh well.....things are gonna happen when you have a little one.

Trig.....I would have fallen face first into the homemade Mac and Cheese too. One of my favorites. It sounds like you have righted the ship and will be fine.

Nic....so you have your house all back in order and are getting ready to head to the big city! I hope the weather cooperates for you.

---------

Well, we have a bit of a later start this morning, so we'll see how I feel in an hour. I really want to play, but it would be awful to be on the course and feel like I felt when I got up.

Today is our 32nd wedding anniversary. 32 years?? WTH? I guess I'll keep him.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Jul-15-21 at 05:45.
  #1029   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-21, 06:09

BF:

Lori....congrats on 32 yrs....darn long ain't it but not long ain't it LOL
Got anything planned, like a good beef tenderloin?
Ewww on that shot reaction, sounds nasty. I hate that cold sweaty chills thing....that is a sign ya got definitely nailed by it. Glad you are probably on the mend but with a sore arm and feeling ick, ya gonna tackle golf today? Chill a bit and see if you can go and enjoy yourself, if not just rest up some of the day, hey it is ok for us to slow down and do nothing for a bit

Nicco....yea guys right? don't gain like we do even eating crap but the amt of weight hubby put on is crazy for him when he retired from work. Now he sits in a car doing nothing and eating all kinds of food on the road, I think that is why he loves the darn job so much....you should hear him, comes home and said me and the other driver hit a delish BBQ place today in West Virginia or me and this driver hit a great steakhouse in Georgia...LOL...omg...

too bad your house is loaded. Hubby and me eat different in that he loves coconut stuff, and loves lemon stuff and loves 'weirdo vinegar' taste on damn near everything he does cook...yuk...and he buys trail mix stuff and pastry stuff like granola bars and all that stuff and I just never ate that stuff. He likes weirdo chips I won't eat so I got lucky in that when I buy his crap it has no draw for me......but every now and then he makes something that is good...good that I want, which is rare but darn...LOL

Jazz, Ruger like the gun....ok, very very cool...now I know exactly how to say it LOL

Your vet is frickin' nuts! I would tell her exactly why I was firing her and go to a new vet. Geez louise that is just negligence in her practice.....sedate a puppy for energy....OMG! I swear that burns me up....ugh....freaks you out too I know...ugh----what is this world coming to? really?

ate the baseboard huh? mine ate the bottom rung of my chair in my dining room....nailed 2 chair rungs actually....laid under that table and munched away HAHA I tell ya get the hard rubber chewy toys that they can use as a teething ring or buy some big bones or the big rawhide....lay the damn things everywhere on the ground, if lucky he will choose that but yea a baseboard can be easily fixed You and he will live thru puppy stage!!!! Might kill ya first but...HAHA...nah, you guys will be fine. Pups are pups.

----------------yea guys I need to watch me a bit.

you know what I think is a trigger.....my darn rum drinks with the pool. I think the buzz is lowering my 'wanna eat the world of crap' feelings. Yup. I been sucking down a few rum drinks, maybe a few too much LOL and I am gonna cut that back a ton now.

see summer is drinks with the pool and relaxing and trips/travel and all my outside stuff and truly drinks fall right in there with that......and even tho it isn't a crap ton of booze, I think it is lowering my willpower and making me 'think off' too much ya know.

today no rum drink while I swim... boo but hey, some point ya gotta put it down

All good tho....just chillin'...we got some cooler front coming over the weekend? who knows....but today seems like bigger sun and maybe 90 for a few days then down we go a bit.....so next few days...yup, fun in the sun and being lazy and more

be good all
  #1030   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-21, 06:24

BF:

Well, I'm going to try golfing and hope they don't have to haul my a$$ off the course. I'm hoping my reaction was just what I described above and that'll be it. Fingers crossed. I ate a bit of breakfast and drank 2 cups of coffee. If that seems to settle, I think I'll be good to go. I took the 3 Advil at 5:30 and just took 2 Tylenol now. I read that alternating the two every 3 hours is good for body aches etc.

I'll check in later!
  #1031   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-21, 09:06

BF:

Jaz- that vet is a total dumbass and I am super glad you fired her. ALL puppies are wild and rambunctious at times, just like young children! Our Bernese Mountain dog ate the DRYWALL and the bottom stair. Puppies just do stuff like that.

So is Ruger's name pronounced ROOGER? I don't know about guns so I have no idea how to say it.

Lori- big hugs to you on your reaction to the Shingles vax. Was this your first or second? If it was your first, then plan on a rough reaction the second time. That seems to be the rule in general with that one. I hope you have felt okay on the golf course today!

Happy Anniversary! 32 years is awesome!!

Trig- Yeah by and large I can ignore a lot of what my DH eats. The pints of Ben and Jerry's can suck a little bit but generally I have him get chips I don't like (spicy) and so forth.

You are likely right that the rum could be a trigger but also the diet soda or artificially sweetened sodas or crystal light or whatever can be too. I'd try dropping those out and see what happens.

•••••••••

Not loving the heat we have been hit with this summer, tho I know you would like it, Trig. Lots and lots of days in the 90s, and the next two days are highs of 95. YUCK. I hate it.

Going to meet a friend (DS22's future MIL) for lunch today. I'll get brisket and green beans. Very proud to share that even with the busy-ness and stress of the week, I managed to post a half pound loss for the week! YAY!!

So lunch, then an oil change and emissions test for the Pilot, a stop at Costco, and then making meatballs and sauce for dinner tonight. DS22 is having some friends over to the pool tonight. DS19 had a friend sleep over last night and he's still here.

That's about it. Tomorrow will be very busy and then DS22 and I leave for NYC on Saturday. Sniffle!
  #1032   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-21, 12:11

BF:

I'm home from golf, showered and collapsed into my chair. I felt a little "off" when we started, but then I was ok until the heat just kicked my a$$. The last couple holes were really rough. So hot & humid. Glad to have tomorrow off to just putter around the house.

I called the plumber AGAIN this morning and he said he'll call me tomorrow and stop by. Yeah.......right. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll make something easy for DH for dinner and be in bed early tonight.

Nic....it was my 1st shingles shot. Next one is at the end of October.

Nap time!
  #1033   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-21, 16:53

BF:

You all sound really good and summer in the swing of things!!!!!

NIC- sounds like your house back in order and you are moving along really good. Hope you are all rested up from all your house guests! I know that was ALOT!
How is your Step dad doing?

Yum on those meatballs....... You truly seem to make a simple dinner sound like a Martha Stewart 9 course meal!

I do like the heat- it is the humidity that get to me. When ya sweat from just sitting...... not for me.

Wow Sat is coming up FAST- Sniffle - how long will he be gone this round? You know though after 2020- well deserved for him!!!!

Trig- I know you know what to do with the rum drinks and pool time and summer. Thing is truly we have that for such a SHORT time! WHY NOT?!?!?- I am not condoning drinking excessively- you don't. I think a perspective is you might just be BORED with what you have.

You RARELY try other stuff. I think you can have your "cake/steak" and eat it too!
I would maybe venture out and look at some meat recipes and try cooking a bit. I know you said you don't like it. But I am wondering if your lack of "tastes" are due to how limited you eat and cook.

I mean - holy crap you can even eat dairy! I would be all over that shrimp Alfredo ALL the DAM time. And what about SHE CRAB SOUP- oh yea...... then dump an extra can of crab in it!!!!!!
Meatballs, meat loaf, have you done short ribs lately? To die for good!

Get high end SNACK and pay for it while you are going though your rough spot. Get salami and rolled up cheese. Shrimp cocktail, stew meat and make crock pot pulled beef and a tad of gravy. Girl - it is the taste buds in my thoughts. AND do you use hot sauce, spices, garlic. TRY a new dish!!!!!!! Keto/carnivore dish!

Lori- Congrats on making it that long with any man!!!!!! I made it 30. 20 years too long!!!! Are you going to dinner? Doing anything special? Seriously though awesome have a great evening with hubby!

Sorry your Shingles Vax gave you fits. I am SO over VACCINES I want to scream. I am tired of hearing about Covid Vax day in day out. Sighhhhhhhhh our new normal isn't it!?
--------------------------------------------------------
You all are right- my vet is an ASS! Soooooooooo the story gets better.
She is SO SO SO fired. Anyway- Ruger (RU GER) woke up with green goop coming from his eye. The only place he was yesterday was the vet.
Somebody touched him with dirty hands and boom. I was not allowed in so I wouldn't know. Oh yea.... I waited in parking lot! The rest of GA is mask free but I can't go to an appointment with my baby even with a mask.

Anyway I called them and told them I wanted a antibiotic drop for conjunctivitis. They acted like well.... we don't know where he got it- make an appointment for next week.

I can tell you...... I can't post what happened next or I will be banned from here. To say I went ballistic was an under statement.
Long story and 5 hours later - he was seen for FREE (oh yea they wanted money) and I ended up with my antibiotic drop. I will not be going back.

I will not be medicating my puppy for having energy. I watched 3 videos with the Dog Whisperer this morning. That guy is good. Yea he has had some drama- but he sure knows animals.
A lot of love and patience and excersise and stimulation is key. Ya I was tired after work today. I walked him anyway!!!!! And then we played ball until he was tired.

So all this being said. I am so over drama in my life. I truly hate getting to the blow my stack sorta place. I am SLOWLY learning that it is really of no use to get worked over over CRAP I can do nothing about. Learning how to let some stuff slide. BUT....... some situations call for the bring out the can of Whoop ASS. Today was one of those days. When it comes to my kids, and dogs getting mistreated I am a momma bear. Anyway- he is now being treated appropriately.
Oh and guess who has GAINED 8 pounds! I am changing his name to CHUNKY MONKEY!

Speaking of chunky monkey- totally on plan today but I feel like I just ate to much. You know when you are just really full of "good stuff" but it feels like you could have stopped ................ yea that...... So I doubt I will see a scale drop tomorrow.

I might need to give it a day to adjust and drop. I have also noticed that when I eat read meat the loss is much slower than if I were to eat salmon. Salmon is also high in good fats.

I am so ready for the weekend- one day to go!!!!!!!!!! and the count down is one.
Puppy training starts this week!
Yup- that bit of base board is easy fix- write a check- boom done. I can't think it would be more than 100 bucks tops.

Off to watch my new favorite show- Shark tank/ and lottery dream home! yup- that is where my mind is going!
  #1034   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-21, 05:40

BF:

Nicco, yea I agree. I am thinking the rum and fake sweetener I use, even tho very little, is just enough to be effecting me, plus booze, ya know, we 'think different' even on just 2 drinks LOL

I am dropping it for a bit and then allowing 1 drink later and see what happens.

another 1/2 lb drop....your body is loving your keto foods and dropping that all sugar crap and you are really in that zone Nicco....cool for you, glad you are doing so well!!!

Lori....enjoy that nap! Woof I bet the course is tough in high heat and humidity and ya had that shot to boot! Glad you relaxed up.

good luck on your plumber

Jazz.....thing is you are right....SUMMER IS MY TIME ya know. I don't drink in winter, nothing to drink about but summer is my little ol' rum drinks, pool, swim and relax and it is like a friggin' ritual but I am noticing the booze ain't setting well anymore....I am changin' and it kinda sucks rocks. I knew my booze was very limited on amt, I dropped all beers, I 'feel my drinks' more tho ya know and I can see a 'change in me with booze' towards liking it less and less but darn if it just doesn't suck rocks

I am not sure about too much taste actually. I find I kinda do better on less taste but then I have wonky times where I 'flare up' into a bit crazy...might be related again to my rum drinks HAHA

I just know one thing....I am watching me more now! Gotta keep on me or I could back flip in a flash. I ain't 'safe' by any means and I know that about me so I will just do what I gotta do!!

WOW and very cool ya stood up for your pup. You need to now leave them idiots in the wind and get a new good vet for sure!! Ain't a damn thing wrong with your pup! It is a friggin' pup full of energy and as he grows and he is trained it all changes to the better so never let anyone tell ya your dog is off or anything like that. I love Ceasar Dog Whisperer. Change the human you get a better dog HAHA

---------------SO OFF to get mom in a while.
she is hanging til monday or tues...play by ear

hubby off driving to somewhere in VA today

I had NO rum drink swimming in the pool yesterday
I goofed and floated around, listened to some tunes and I was like...where is my drink dammit HAHA but this morn I do feel less bloated off alcohol so that is a plus and I am gonna shut down a 'few summer rum drinks' and have less of them.

other than all that stupid nothing much is doing.

I am defrosting a giant roaster chicken.
defrosting 2 big Tbones
defrosting rack of pork ribs
defrosting 4 nice chuck brisket burgers

you see my food for the next days!!

be good everyone
  #1035   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-21, 05:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Hooray....feeling good today! I'm not doing anything except some laundry and waiting to see if the freaking plumber calls me to come and fix my faucet. Grrrr.....

DH leaves on his fishing trip this afternoon and he is nervous as a cat. By the looks of the stuff he's taking, I'm wondering if he's ever coming home. He has stuff lined up in our hallway.....sigh. His brother will be arriving this morning and then they'll pack up when DS gets off work around Noon. Their forecast isn't looking good for tomorrow....rain. 100% chance. Sunday looks better, so hopefully they'll manage to have a bit of fun. They're coming home Sunday late afternoon.

I've just been sitting here doing some online banking etc. DH's credit card that he uses all the time has a malfunctioning chip so had to order him a new one. I told him if that card doesn't work, just use a different one. He has a couple of them in his wallet. I tried cleaning the chip on his old one, but nope.

Jaz....Hope Ruger's eye issue resolves quickly. We have the same thing here with not being able to go into the Vet's office with your pet. WTH? How scary for the pets! My cat goes in September and I'll have to call them to come out and get her and then sit in the car and wait. So weird.

Nic.....Are you gearing up for NYC? Have a good trip!

Trig...Hope you get some pool time this weekend. We're in a weird pattern of showers and t-storms nearly every day. I'm not sure if we'll be able to play golf tomorrow or not....chance of downpours at any minute.

--------

I'm so thankful to be feeling good today. I'm going to get my laundry going and see what else I can get into. I need to hit the grocery store at some point too, and go up and make sure Betty has dinner tonight. I'm in charge of the twice a day visits for the weekend.

Make it a good Friday!