Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#796   ^
Old Wed, May-26-21, 10:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

........and.....we're back! Glad to see the site back up.

Nic....good for you for skating past the drama...sigh....women! It's fun to go, but always feels good to head back home.

We had our golf round done by 11:30. We beat the worst of the heat. Time to hit the shower and take it easy the rest of the day. I have a feeling that DH will be bringing strawberries home and that will mean I have to bake a shortcake....I don't wanna!!

Later!
Sponsored Links
  #797   ^
Old Wed, May-26-21, 17:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

hey ya'll-
Glad to see NIC checked in. OMG I hate girl drama- urghhhhhh. Good thing you let it blow over!

Hot and frekin humid really humid here. I'm tired seems to be my theme of the month. Started back taking B Vitamins and multi vitamins to see if it helps. Seems like I just wake up tired. Or course the blow up bed doesn't help.

I will be so happy to get "my life back". But ya know it will be a new life. Something different without my girl. No I have not gotten over her. My kids don't get it. - I can't explain it.
It was 3 weeks and 2 days. I had her almost 12 years. so yea.......

Went for a walk- I did!!!!!!! A nice long walk. Weather here is great.

7:52 and dishes put away and ready for TV curled up in my bed and sleep- I am truly so tired. I am wondering if I am ok. I had back read and tired is a word I think I have used every post for a month.
But what a month- ...................
I am not depressed just no energy to put one foot in front of another and sorry if it seems Debbie downer. AND this post was about me. I apologize.

Next post I will muster some energy and post on some positive juju.
NIGHT
  #798   ^
Old Thu, May-27-21, 03:45

BF:

Good Morning!

I only have a couple minutes as I have to start getting ready to head out for Grandson's graduation. We have a 2 hour drive to his school. DD said there will be about 50 kids graduating. It is a Prep school with a baseball emphasis. He will be home for the summer(playing baseball) and then in the Fall he's going to a baseball academy in FL. This kid has serious visions of a baseball career...DD is doing all she can to give him the chance. After next year, he'll be going to college....not sure where as he's still fielding offers. It's a world I know nothing about, but DD has sure done her research.

Jaz.....sorry about you being so tired all the time. I know you said you usually only eat once a day. I'm wondering if you would feel better to fuel your body more regularly and keep track of calories to make sure you're eating enough? Just a thought.

Speaking of eating......I have to grab some breakfast and go put on my face and do my hair. Fancy!

Hugs to you all!
  #799   ^
Old Thu, May-27-21, 04:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori enjoy your graduation! doesn't sound big so it should move along in good form.

Very cool about the baseball academy. Hey if he is serious he can get a chance to see if it suits him or if baseball wants him......also nice tho you can find there are tons of careers in the baseball realm, no telling what career move he could make and it still be in the baseball field....hope it works well for him!!

Nicco...girl drama....yea run for the hills. I don't get involved either, especially now the older I get HAHA

Jazz, sorry you are so tired. hey it is cool. ya moved, blow up bed, not feeling settled just yet, missing Bella, new job taxing ya.....you are still a tad out of sync, it is ok, take your time and all will fall into place for ya and nap when ya need it

****************taking home mom around 11. great visit...she ate a ton of food LOL

pool is doing great...such an easy opening this yr for me...love that.

got a big ribeye steak for later. not sure what else, maybe chicken or shrimp.

all going well....so far so good around here, quiet, easy peasy and no drama HAHA
  #800   ^
Old Thu, May-27-21, 06:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- so cool on the grandson and sifting through college offers! I think if someone is naturally talented in that way they might go far if allowed to pursue that.
Hope you have a great weather day to travel!!!!

Trig- glad to hear your pool is coming along. Do you have a heater for it? Yours is above ground right? I wonder if those lose heat faster? I know that pools are work regardless! My DD has a pool. It is beautiful. Kids love it- but good golly they clean it alot from leaves and debris! She has a hot tub too!!!! Now your talking on that. When I get a little place again I would love a hot tub.

Hey NIC/Blue- - updates.
------------------------------------------------------
Seriously when I say another sunny and hot and humid day. We actually could use some rain. just hoping it holds out through my move. I am very anxious and excited to get my home back.

As gypsy as I am- I still love the comforts of home. I am interested in my kitchen tools and bed more than anything. I am very excited to get this apt set up and everything put away!
I am already getting ideas for the patio. I want to toss down a colorful rug and make it sorta a Zen space to read or relax and enjoy the outdoor air.

I have been looking to see how other are decorating their patios. Everything from nothing- to a colorful added living space. That is what I want, especially since living here it is outdoor living 10 months out of the year here.

I am going to take your advice Lori and see if eating more than once a day might help my energy level. Still Keto/VLC of course. But maybe adding eggs or a protein at "lunch" time and a smaller dinner.
Again I just started taking my vitamins and Vita B again. Those had fallen by the way side I just got out of the habit of taking them.
I am also going to do another lunch time walk. It did help some yesterday.

Ok- back later. Just sorta hanging today. Nothing earth shattering- sometimes that is just ok!!!!!

#801   ^
Old Thu, May-27-21, 09:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

PEEEEEEPS!!! HOW ARE YA???

I am back and glad to be home. Glad to be with my laptop again too. Typing anything on the iPad is just such a chore that I don't bother, but it is much nicer to travel with than the laptop for a shorter trip.

Jaz- girl YES with everything you are saying. Loss of your sweet companion is HUGE and you will be going through some stages of grief for a while. Bella was your closest companion, not just a dog. While our dogs in my home are not just dogs, we really love them and treasure them, but it is still not the same thing AT ALL as that close, one on one relationship that you had with Bella.

And you definitely need your stuff. I would be a mess sleeping on an air mattress so long and not having my kitchen stuff and just LIFE stuff around.

I do think you might benefit from eating a bit more too, maybe. It's worth a try, anyway!

Lori- So incredibly cool about your grandson! I can't wait to hear what comes up next for him. I smiled when you said he is "fielding offers." Good use of words there!

I love smaller school graduations. They are so personal and lovely. My kids' high school graduations (on average 55-60 grads in the senior class) had their baby pictures and something personal was said about each student as they crossed the stage. I hope you enjoy his graduation, and I'm also really glad he is able to have it!

Glad your visit with your sister was fun, although far too short.

Trig- Glad your visit with your Mom went well, and that you fed her well also. How did she seem overall to you? Do you see a lot of change in her or is she holding her own pretty well (for her age, anyway?)

What is the next trip coming down the pike for you?

Blue- I know you are busy but I sure wish you posted here more often. I feel so out of touch with you, girlfriend!

•••••••••••••••

Got back from my trip really late last night, maybe 11:30 PM or so. It was a good trip overall, barring the girl drama one evening which I declined to participate in. It pretty much blew over by the next day, which I figured it would. I don't choose to direct my energy that way.

There was a LOT of drinking and I certainly did some but not starting first thing in the morning and all day long! It was overall a good trip though and I'm glad I went. The beach was amazing- powder sand and wide. The weather was consistently good throughout as well. That being said, days upon days of sitting at the beach isn't really my jam although I love it- just not 7-8 hours a day, daily.

The house is still standing and actually looks pretty good. The menfolk did well! Apparently there aren't groceries around though so I'll need to do that. Got a load of laundry going too. I'm tired today so if I even get to the store I'll be doing well!
  #802   ^
Old Thu, May-27-21, 13:59

BF:

We made it back from graduation! It was a long day...leaving at 7AM and not getting home till 3:30. A beautiful day. We had a little tailgate picnic after the ceremony and had some time to hang out. The school is quite rural, so there are no restaurants nearby, so a little picnic was the best option.

Poor DH had to hit the ground running when we got home to do some things for Betty, so he didn't have a minute to sit down. He'll be asleep in his recliner early tonight! I'm going to make him a tenderloin steak & a baked potato whenever he gets home. Easy and fast to cook up.

I probably won't be playing golf until Sunday(maybe). Tomorrow is rain and probably Saturday too. The high on Saturday is only to be in the 50's!!?? WTH?? Sunday high of 65 and Monday we'll be lucky to reach 70. Crazy weather.

Ok.....I'm having me a lite beer and doing some laundry so DH has something to wear to work tomorrow. Nothing but fun, fun, fun around here!

Hugs!
  #803   ^
Old Fri, May-28-21, 03:50

BF:

Good Morning!

I did most of my chores for today yesterday afternoon, so all I have to do is some more laundry today. We also have a meeting this afternoon with Betty's lawyer. We just want to talk to him about planning for her future care & what on earth we can do with that huge house. We think we should explore selling it with the agreement that she will be able to live in her little apartment area as long as she is able. It is hard for Betty to think about letting go of the house that has been her life. All we want to do is make sure she has the $$ to take care of her future needs. Our goal is to keep her in the house as long as we can, but we will probably have to hire outside nursing care at some point. We have talked to her about it, but are hoping that her trusted lawyer's input will help us steer her toward the decision to look into selling. There are a lot of difficult decisions and LOTS of work to be done. DH & I aren't getting any younger and it would be helpful to be able to start dealing with some of it.

Our weekend weather is looking pretty dismal. Rain comes in late this afternoon along with a cold front. Only in the 50's Saturday & Sunday! That means I'll be spending a lot of hours sitting in my recliner this weekend instead of walking the golf course. BAH! We do need rain, but not on golfing days!
----------

Jaz.....is this moving weekend? I hope you have gotten everything lined up for the movers. I know you'll start to feel more at home once you have all your things around you. Most important is to have your comfy bed!

Trig....Glad you fed Mom up and had a nice visit. I'm sure she's ready to get back to her own nest.

Nic....Welcome home and I'm glad that the men didn't wreck your house while you were gone. I, too, love sitting on the beach, but days and days of it get old. To be honest, I enjoy watching the water from a distance...like the balcony of my hotel. The sand kind of annoys me after a bit. I like walking in the surf early in the morning.....that's my favorite thing.

Blue......missing you!

------------

Ok.....more coffee coming my way. Have good days!
  #804   ^
Old Fri, May-28-21, 04:55

BF:

Lori sounds like a very nice day for graduation, but long I like shorter affairs LOL but it seems like the day moved nice and easy for you and a good time had by all!

yea we got maybe some rain etc., might skirt us a bit. I think you guys are getting it worse than us down here in my area. We actually could use a small hit of rain to clean the pollen air!

Oh yes on Betty. I so understand. It is very hard to truly handle the financials of another and what to do with homes while they are living in it etc.....and then might need to move out fast and they need bigger money and all.....I tell ya that stuff isn't easy and it is great to handle it now before it all hits ya smack in the chops one day. Good move.

Nicco....that is hysterical the house is still standing! They did good not to turn it into a train wreck HAHA

11:30 is a late home time.....then you feel like you are still driving and moving and wired up still.....hope you got some decent rest.....but you have the days you need to get back in the routine groove! So glad your trip was fun for you!

enjoy the grocery....NOT HAHA

Mom is doing well....swears she doesn't need any of those little pills she is on cause there isn't a darn thing wrong with her but trying to get her to understand the pills are keeping that fluid out of her etc....she doesn't get the low congestive heart failure issues she is having, but it is cool....she walks good still, energy levels are lower for sure, forgetting some stuff etc but other than that, she is same old mom so far LOL

Jazz.....I thought you were in the new place You are moving out of the old still? omg I was ahead of the game LOL Yes I am sure you need your new home and to get settled.....oh yes you did say and I remember now you are moving Mem. Day weekend.....that is fast upon us and hope it all goes well!

you really do need a stable, longer term relax type home situation for you and you got that coming soon!! Freedom out and about is great but moving to new locations alot is not for sure.....hang tough!

************all good. nothing doing today but vacuum pool and little this and that.

not in the mood to do much.

rain might come? hit miss I think around here but temps to drop some...like into the 50s at night...BOO

so close to big summer, yet so far away HA

be good everyone
  #805   ^
Old Fri, May-28-21, 20:03

BF:

dot- MOVEWeekend - worked over time and late.
tired- up and out at first light to head to Atlanta and swap a car for a truck. Check in tomorrow when checked in
  #806   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 03:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....sounds like you had a rough day of work yesterday. Just what you needed when you have everything else going on this weekend. I hope moving your stuff from your storage unit goes well. Did you find some muscle to help you get everything into the apartment when you get back?

Trig.....you're having trouble keeping up with Jaz? I can't imagine! As I understand it, she has been in her new apartment, but without all her "stuff" that is in her storage unit in Atlanta. This weekend she is going to get her things and officially get moved in....I think.

I hope Mom will keep taking her new meds, even if she thinks she doesn't need them. Keeping that fluid out is important for sure.

Nic.....have you gotten settled back in? I think you're probably having the same lousy weather we're having this weekend. We needed the rain, but I hate not being able to play golf all weekend. It is raining and windy and cold this morning. Yuck. Have the cicadas come out in your area? Maybe they'll wait until the weather improves? Ugh. I think you said you had some before you went on vacation.....we need a cicada report!

-------------

Yesterday's meeting with Betty's lawyer was a big waste of time. He is nearly 80 years old and well past his prime. Betty thinks he's great. Sigh....Estate planning and elder law are not his specialties and he was not much help. I have a feeling that we're just going to have to bide our time until it all hits the fan and then we'll scramble. I'm trying not to worry about it. We'll work it out somehow.

No golf today, and probably not tomorrow either. All I have to do today is sit here and eat. Uh oh. I will do a Pahla B workout just to get myself moving a bit. I'm playing in a couples tournament on Monday and it looks like the weather will be ok. Only around 70, but at least some sun. The course will be a muddy mess. I play with a guy from our club who is 80 years old. He's cute as a button and can hit the ball really well. We'll have a good time.

Ok....I need another cup of coffee. Long day ahead.
  #807   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 05:10

BF:

Lori, ahhh, ok I thought she was in the new place but she mentioned the 'move' and I got confused up again HAHA

hey for Betty, does your DH have power of attorney....cause if he does then the scramble will be easy cause he can make final decisions fast with no issues.......so if not, I would discuss with Betty and get papers signed and have him as power of attorney so he can act easy, efficiently and without issues for her well being. Power of attorney will correct alot of issues.

yea a 80 yr old attorney ain't hopping to give all that great advice I guess LOL Sorry it was a bomb for you.

Hey Nicco and Jazz

--------So I am holding a 1.5 lb loss for May....WEE....that feels good. I got something off me! Never alot and never fast but slowly, inch by inch ya know. Will take it.

thinking chicken and sardines today. weirdo combo but what I am wanting for today probably.

All good here, light rainy cloudy but nothing bad but darn temp drops...ugh....miss my big sun we had the last days with 90 deg temps!

Nothing doing......hubby to pick up guy at airport at 5AM cause this guy flew in from Colorado to buy a van....go figure! he will be busy today at the dealership.

me and kid....whatever.

dog still has the squirts and feeling punk. started to eat a little yesterday but I kept food very controlled, just a few bites and he has the damn squirts again this morning. just tracking him and watching, he 'seems ok' ya know but just down a bit. If no improvement by Tues will take him to the vet....omg...ya know, so over medical shi** with critters and humans LOL

be good everyone and enjoy your memorial day weekend!~
  #808   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 06:15

BF:

Trig....Someone coming from across the country to buy a vehicle? Who'd have thunk it? I can't imagine.

Sorry Bolt is feeling punk again. Hope you don't find any surprises on the floor.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, May-29-21 at 06:31.
  #809   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 07:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Trig- Poor Bolt! Any idea what is causing it? Do you have the cicadas there? It can cause belly aches in dogs if you do.

Congrats on being a pound and a half down this month, that is really great!! Well done, gal!

Sounds like overall your Mom is doing pretty well. I'm glad for that!

Jaz- Bless your heart, you are just buried right now between your work and your move. I will be so glad for you when this is done and accomplished and behind you.

Lori- I hear you about the balcony- the beach is definitely messy as far as sand and such goes. And I require shade and a chair too. lol

Sorry the meeting with the lawyer didn't go better. I wish I knew what to advise you to do!
•••••••••

Mom brag- DS19 is doing so well. I can definitely see some maturity in him and let me tell you, it feels so good. If I wrote this about the other two, it wouldn't mean much, but for this kid, he has made real strides. He is working hard and often at Chipotle, he moved the dates of his summer trip with his friends so that he could be here to see his grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousins who are coming in July (old DS19 would have pitched such a fit that we'd be glad he was gone), he drove to see friends for an overnight last night and 1) listened to my advice to pull off the road in heavy rain and wait it out and 2) texted me without me asking to let me know he got there safely.

Mostly little things but very indicative of a young man who is starting to think more of another's perspective and to just have a beat to think PERIOD before acting. I'm honestly just so proud of him.

On a similar note, somewhat related, my SIL texted me yesterday that her son (my nephew) was just diagnosed with ADHD and that medication was recommended for him. He turned 12 in January. I do think he has it but I just feel for them so much. Medication was an incredibly hard road for us and the whole ADHD journey was horrible overall. We did two very limited stints of medication and for us it was not worth the side effects and change in personality, even though it made schoolwork easier. I hope they have an easier time than we did.

Well, glad I enjoyed hot sunny weather in FL because we are having a resurgence of early spring here. Highs over the next five days are 52, 56, 69, 75 and 69. At this rate we won't be in the pool until Mid June! We got some seriously heavy rain last night. The pool is pretty darn full at the moment!

The poor cicadas must be freezing their little butts off. They are not meant for cold weather! Lori, yes, they are here and there are a LOT of them. Everywhere you look, little red eyes looking back at you. And they are pretty loud- you can hear them all throughout the house even with the windows closed. It is not an unpleasant noise though- I kind of like it. They are quiet today though, I guess bc of the temps.

I am free to start up with pickleball again. I'm going to tiptoe my way in very slowly. I won't lie, after so long I am pretty intimidated. I don't want to get hurt and I know I am going to suck!
  #810   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 08:00

BF:

yea vehicles people want SPECIFICALLY they have to sometimes go literally across country to get that exact make model year and more and I think it is insanity but darn if it don't go down that way a ton of times LOL who knew? not me HA

Bolt just got some Pepto Bismol from the store, just got back. I don't have that in the house ever but it said for every 10 lbs give 1 teaspoon for a dog, so he is 17 lbs and I gave him 3/4 of a teaspoon............less is more to start LOL

his little azz is steaming and I am washing butt hair etc way more than I want to discuss....no one else will do it, yea who wants to HAHA but I like him enough to keep him in good form!

Nicco super happy to read about your DS being a super young adult now and getting that maturity!! I know you see it, feel it and are so proud he is coming there in good form. Proud for sure and I understand cause my 16 yr old kiddo is making a leap from babified to more adult and I get it! I can't wait til she makes that OLDER jump down the road to take command! We parents all wanna see it and when we do, proud and happy and thrilled is a great thing! Loved your post on that!! He took over his life, all we ever want to see, the kids doing their smart moves forward!

Mother Nature controls thru temps and more and those darn cicadas need die off thru cold temps for mother nature control so don't fret, all life is as it is for them!!!! My birds here are insane, the chirp and more is like at 5AM and they boom thru the house there is so much life activity....cold temp drops ain't gonna kill them off and the baby bunnies are all over the place and my groundhogs in the red barn have 4 young'ins coming out and the HAWK that is my local is eyeing everyone LOL weirdo life times but it goes down as it does but nature sounds are either great, til ya hate it, like my damn 4AM idiot bird activity HA----yea a few start an hr earlier than the other gazillion birds that start life a tad later!........who needs a rooster for sun up, not us, our local birds tell us that life is moving here

take your time pushing the body and get back slowly and see your movement and how you do and if fine, go all in we are young still ya know LOL